(A20) Snufkin Weapons Xpansion

arramus

Here is an update for the Snufkin Weapons Xpansion Mod.

Download: https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Weapons-Xpansion-A19-Stable-2020Nov22

The changes are as follows:

1. Additional Hat/Clothing/Friend Mods.

Rabbit Friend - (Damage to entities, Strength, Damage resistance, and heat/cold resistance)

20201122194552_1.thumb.jpg.5b368a3fb071e098852bbf1ea26a610a.jpg

Snake Friend - (Increase in strength and fall bracing)

20201122194713_1.thumb.jpg.bf039caa3d3ab6a6847f1d7617938ab8.jpg

Vulture Friend - (Jump strength increase and jump stamina loss reduction weighted with walk and run speed reduction)

20201122194629_1.thumb.jpg.8f8e3fd2240ce3bc63d0dfce8e66377b.jpg

With localization.

20201122212944_1.thumb.jpg.1ff9e9b4e70b74b69852932f238d6ac7.jpg

2. As these 7 Mods have been added to hardened chest loot boxes along with the weapons, the probability of finding an Xpansion item has been increased from 0.2 to 0.25 while the probability of the type of item found remains exactly the same. This will ensure a slightly increased chance of finding something since there are so many more items added from the original mod settings.

59 minutes ago, Slawa said:

Epic xD.

Btw. does that attach funtion works on trees?

xmas tree with candy weapons and a santa hat on top :p...

I believe it would. The only issue is attaching multiple candy weapons to the same tree. For weapons there seems to be soooo many parts to attach to but other things are really limited.

1 hour ago, kdthehun said:

How about a Rudolf?
Stag with red (light) nose and santa hat or bag. (Too bad the drop bag is yellow and not red...)
Lootable after kill.

Interesting and from other animal mods and attachment capability, very possible. The drop bag could always be switched with a simple sack which I have seen taking a color.

17 hours ago, kdthehun said:

How about a Rudolf?
Stag with red (light) nose and santa hat or bag. (Too bad the drop bag is yellow and not red...)
Lootable after kill.

Oh you sweet little timid animal. What have people done to you? Take this tasty morsel.

20201123175726_1.thumb.jpg.625cca1a98a370a939ee9b93b1061924.jpg

20201123175816_1.thumb.jpg.5ee1143e9be5b7d3198ac530d0561bfe.jpg

20201123175828_1.thumb.jpg.d851700ea0095599a6ae0e6ac42fe96b.jpg

20201123175751_1.thumb.jpg.df21d6bfd854219e6bcced02fb2fb1ed.jpg

It has potential.

The Paindeer.

A small update based on a request from @Donmegawatt to counteract the effects of Mantis narcotics through wearing a mod hat. This hat also counteracts the effects of the Banshee scream, Parasite leach, and Archon self buff.

Download here: https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Weapons-Xpansion-A19-2021Jan21

Speaker Hat Mod

20210121202655_1.thumb.jpg.56ae43ada823976f871c952a79c21b60.jpg

Impervious to Banshee scream

20210121202754_1.thumb.jpg.fcd731c3b4526596dc3bf01d26be78c5.jpg

Mantis narcotics

20210121203111_1.thumb.jpg.78709406c685ad9f0edc4ccc4522a532.jpg

And Parasite leach.

20210121204906_1.thumb.jpg.f45b96523f7688d4c42bd60959663efa.jpg

They will most certainly continue to cause damage, just without their special attack.

A meeting of heads.

20210121204749_1.thumb.jpg.d9016c9c4e68849847504c09ea601590.jpg

In addition, this was also a chance to tweak the loot boxes to reflect the additional hat and ensure everything remained functional in 19.4(b3)

Edited by arramus (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Huie said:

Hello, I'm having a issue with the loot machine.

When interacting with the machine, I'm experiencing red words: nullReferenceException

Unfortunate, and this is reported from time to time. Snufkin designed the Loot Machine to display images hosted on external websites. The exact links can be found within the mod itself. It appears that when a client is not able to call on the images, this error appears. We tested this on the ZombieShack server where 20 players could use the Loot Machine but one player could not. This inferred a client side issue possibly linked to a firewall or not being able to access the images from their location.

Added a 10 second take delay to allow Land Claim Owners to pick up their Add On Loot Box.
This is the same feature seen for the workbench, forge, etc.

This has been updated to the latest upload and server hosts just need to replace it with this new build.

Alternatively, go into your Loot Box Add On folder and change:

<property name="TakeDelay" value="0"/> to <property name="TakeDelay" value="10"/> or another number you prefer in the blocks.xml for the loot book properties.

On 1/24/2021 at 10:24 PM, Huie said:

Hello, I'm having a issue with the loot machine.

When interacting with the machine, I'm experiencing red words: nullReferenceException

Hi Huie, I received some feedback that picking up the Loot Box (as long as you own it) and replacing it again made it work for another player.

We just released a new version of the mod that allows you to pick up your Loot Box in your Land Claim Area with a 10 second timer and replace it just like you can with other things you own.

20210126140759_1.thumb.jpg.c61b733e4608b1bea7aa198ab889c514.jpg

Edited by arramus (see edit history)

1 hour ago, arramus said:

Hi Huie, I received some feedback that picking up the Loot Box (as long as you own it) and replacing it again made it work for another player.

We just released a new version of the mod that allows you to pick up your Loot Box in your Land Claim Area with a 10 second timer and replace it just like you can with other things you own.

20210126140759_1.thumb.jpg.c61b733e4608b1bea7aa198ab889c514.jpg

Thank you very much, I'll have a try.

By the way I also find a VPN may solve the problem? I used my Clash for Windows and I managed to use the loot machine.

2 hours ago, Huie said:

Thank you very much, I'll have a try.

By the way I also find a VPN may solve the problem? I used my Clash for Windows and I managed to use the loot machine.

Decent, you found a workaround and shared it. This will now be a further option for other users to explore should it come to that.

Here's a little something being implemented in the background called the 'Brainsaw'. As of yet, I haven't personally made any weapons for the Xpansion mod but this has been something developing in the background as I learned more about XML modding. It's coming together and beyond a buff effect has everything in place. I wanted to post the concept now as @NerdyHippie has just released a wonderful mod called Nerdy's Happy Little Chainsaw Mod which is all any Evil Dead/LIving Dead/Chainsaw minded fan has ever dreamed of and I wanted to make sure they are compatible. Fortunately, these mods won't conflict because the Brainsaw will be introduced separately as a new item which runs on customised chainsaw code and they can be used interchangeably.

Cosmetics -
The Brainsaw is tinted red to distinguish it and for more of a Berserk appeal. It also has the baton sparks and 'plasma' rings running along the blade teeth with the main power flux beginning in the engine area.

20210131103254_1.thumb.jpg.9056577ed761b2f90871ffd007466827.jpg

Power-

This is a level 6 version with 44 Melee Damage but the base entity damage is 30. Any lower lacked that Xpansion weapon kick and any higher could feel a touch too much when considering its place among other Xpansion weapons.

20210131103306_1.thumb.jpg.87e981a5c760b2de73dbbbc489a3631e.jpg

It also has the ability to dismember but at a 50% chance. This was utilised from the Sledgehammer but had the perk dependence removed.

20210131103441_1.thumb.jpg.aff543237e326c8ef0e674d7f4b55629.jpg

Recipe-

A simple recipe allows you to make a Level 1 version and you'll find higher levels in Loot as is standard for this mod.

20210131103358_1.thumb.jpg.6093d3bed7b66b2563220eb9c3a2674e.jpg

Effect -

This is the feature that has not been fully implemented yet. My hope is that when you eliminate an entity, your screen will see a subtle red tint and this will fade back to normal when the spree ends. Using trigger="onSelfKilledOther" action="ModifyScreenEffect" is what I'm playing with and @oakraven's support and experience is always gladly welcome. The idea behind this is a Doom Berserk moment coupled with an Ash (Evil Dead) ego/adrenalin moment.

3 hours ago, harharcarrot said:

Hey there! What Ammo does the HyperBlaster use? I cant seem to figure that one out. Thanks!

Hello, the HyperBlaster uses Energy Cells (Nicad battery icon). I can't upload an image at the moment because the forum seems to have an issue with adding them.

Snufkin did match the colour of the weapon and ammo though. Be careful as it's a Screamer magnet and will bring 2 - 3 in rapid succession with a prolonged burst of fire.

• 4 weeks later...

I am having an issue using whenever I look up the redammo for the BlackWidow Bow I start getting errors. I am using a small server for a group of my friends and I just am wondering if anyone had issues like this. I am using the Darkness Fall Mod.

7 hours ago, ZedWinter said:

I am having an issue using whenever I look up the redammo for the BlackWidow Bow I start getting errors. I am using a small server for a group of my friends and I just am wondering if anyone had issues like this. I am using the Darkness Fall Mod.

Hello. Yes, others have had issues of a similar nature when attempting to run Darkness Falls or War of the Walkers type mods. There is often a conflict where a mod may have identical IDs with, in your case, Darkness Falls. It can cause one of them to be nulled and cause NRE errors when the game calls on them.

Some users have found that lootcontainerid numbers in the loot.xml are conflicting as they are identical and have had to manually change them as the conflict can pass to another asset, in your case redammo which can just be a victim of the conflict and not the cause.

I have never tried to run Darkness Falls with mods and cannot offer any clear assistance on resolving this. I hope other community members will offer support as some have been able to resolve it.

• 1 month later...

Hello! So.. I had an issue with the Lootbox Machine too, like the person above. Im running the SMX UI, Menu, etc mods and when I place the machine, I only get the half naked lady with four empty boxes where all the options should be. I've used this mod on my last server without running the SMX mods and everything was there nice and neat. Is there a way you could make this mod adaptable for SMX Ui ? Or a way that I could myself (Though I have no experience or knowledge in changing these thing, I can follow directions if there was help =) ) 

2 hours ago, MeredithS said:

Hello! So.. I had an issue with the Lootbox Machine too, like the person above. Im running the SMX UI, Menu, etc mods and when I place the machine, I only get the half naked lady with four empty boxes where all the options should be. I've used this mod on my last server without running the SMX mods and everything was there nice and neat. Is there a way you could make this mod adaptable for SMX Ui ? Or a way that I could myself (Though I have no experience or knowledge in changing these thing, I can follow directions if there was help 😃

Can I confirm it's the SMX UI  and possibly others by Sirillion?

If so, it may well be worth asking Sirillion directly if they wouldn't mind taking a look at the lootbox mod itself and possibly customising it to fit into SMX rather than the other way around. It may well be less coding to implement things that way. Snufkin has been very open to other modders supporting his work and actively encouraged modders to utilise his assets which has been done for expanded version of his mods.

• arramus changed the title to (A20) Snufkin Weapons Xpansion