Pummel Pete Sucks. Like this thread to get this mod in future Alphas

IDNeon

I saw this and instantly fell in love with the idea of this being a late game stage mod that combines pummel Pete with 9mm ammo.

And you should F-ing love it to. *Hear ME?*

Lol jk. Anyway enjoy.

For purposes of the mod, it can be one explosive hit and then behave as a regular bat until you reload. It would reload like the shotgun.

It will do more damage to the bat's durability than a Normal attack.

But it'll do a tremendous amount of damage and shoot back the zombie like a robo-sledge.

It takes a number of 9mm rounds. Maybe the number represents a quality of the mod from a mod that uses just 1 9mm round to a mod that uses 6 doing more dmg and knockback. 

Considering that Clubs are already the strongest melee weapon by far thanks to the over powered Batterer up book series completion perk Home Run that refills stamina on power attack kills. I strongly doubt that this is any where near a good idea for them but Sledge Hammers are in need of some dev love. Since they don't have a book series dedicated to them yet and a ballistic propelled sledge mod could be the reward for all the books.

If anything, we will see a nerf on clubs and bats. Steel Club with Pummel Pete 4 and books completed isn´t even OP anymore. It´s godlike. You can steamroll trough a T5 quest on survivalist difficulty easily.

Sucks hard in MP when you have someone playing with clubs and you can just watch them steamrolling while you have a hard time with your machete or other any other melee weapon constantly running out of stamina while they don´t even need a small break.

5 hours ago, Danidas said:

Sledge Hammers are in need of some dev love.

I didn't consider this, but that's a fair point. Therefore feel free to amend this to be for sledges...A piston-driven sledge-hed.

Makes more sense for the slower/murder-machine cousin of the bat.

But I do want to point out that the reload time/durability-loss actually might be the right-kind of nerf for the bat.

Because while you reload for that next heavy-hitting zombie, you aren't doing dps. So it's switching a bat's dps for alpha-damage?

Either way, sledge sounds good.

Fun video. I'd love a mod that adds bullets to the bat and makes it only have 1 shot and explode for massive damage/knockback. Just for funzies. Even call it Babe Ruth Mod (Bat 'like' Babe Ruth). It would be worse imo than what the clubs are now. But it would be fun to do more with the ragdoll physics in this game. 

I'd have it for both sledge and club honestly. Just sounds so cool regardless. An exploding melee weapon! 

On 10/28/2020 at 11:37 AM, Danidas said:

Considering that Clubs are already the strongest melee weapon by far thanks to the over powered Batterer up book series completion perk Home Run that refills stamina on power attack kills. I strongly doubt that this is any where near a good idea for them but Sledge Hammers are in need of some dev love. Since they don't have a book series dedicated to them yet and a ballistic propelled sledge mod could be the reward for all the books.

sledges contesting clubs for 1st place .. depends on situation (slower but far stronger ...  with longer range and massive aoe effect ideal for big battles)

stamina itself is no issue with proper perks ..especially sexual trex returning stamina on every kill (head hits with sledge are often 1 shot even on high diff)

spears - weakest weapon by dps    long range ... throw but no power attack  no stun unless you throw them = mistake can leave you disarmed .. unlike power attack

knives - shorter range than clubs , less damage than clubs(even wuth  max bleed counted in), no knockdown/stun

batons - less damage than clubs  even with  perked  shock  ... also  shock is inferior to stun/ knockdown = zombies cant move but can attack

2 hours ago, alanea said:

sledges contesting clubs for 1st place .. depends on situation (slower but far stronger ...  with longer range and massive aoe effect ideal for big battles)

stamina itself is no issue with proper perks ..especially sexual trex returning stamina on every kill (head hits with sledge are often 1 shot even on high diff)

spears - weakest weapon by dps    long range ... throw but no power attack  no stun unless you throw them = mistake can leave you disarmed .. unlike power attack

knives - shorter range than clubs , less damage than clubs(even wuth  max bleed counted in), no knockdown/stun

batons - less damage than clubs  even with  perked  shock  ... also  shock is inferior to stun/ knockdown = zombies cant move but can attack

Shocked zombies cannot attack in A19 as it literally stun locks them for the duration of the shock. Which when combined with the strong damage over time that ignores game difficulty easily makes it way stronger then knock down. Note game difficulty has no effect on zombie hit points and instead applies a hidden buff/debuff on all player attacks to raise or lower damage dealt. So at insane you only do a quarter of your damage to zombies but bleed, shock, and fire still do the same damage regardless.

Stun Baton is my main melee weapon now as a result and it is insanely over powered. Especially with Tech Junkie 6 that give you a 25% charge chance on normal attacks and 50% for power attacks. Which makes it trivial to completely nullify multiple zombies and to quickly face tank zombie bears with out needing to move a inch or any risk of getting attacked.

2 hours ago, Danidas said:

Shocked zombies cannot attack in A19 as it literally stun locks them for the duration of the shock. Which when combined with the strong damage over time that ignores game difficulty easily makes it way stronger then knock down. Note game difficulty has no effect on zombie hit points and instead applies a hidden buff/debuff on all player attacks to raise or lower damage dealt. So at insane you only do a quarter of your damage to zombies but bleed, shock, and fire still do the same damage regardless.

Stun Baton is my main melee weapon now as a result and it is insanely over powered. Especially with Tech Junkie 6 that give you a 25% charge chance on normal attacks and 50% for power attacks. Which makes it trivial to completely nullify multiple zombies and to quickly face tank zombie bears with out needing to move a inch or any risk of getting attacked.

Oh I didn't know that about stun batons, I'm going to have to try them out.

As far as pummel pete sucking, I was wondering if we were playing the same game 😄Just to not waste ammo I often clear smaller POIs out with just a steel club and it's pretty easy to do. Just power attack to the head which kills a lot of them in one shot and usually knocks down the ones that dont outright die, so the follow up shot kills them. With Pummel Pete and T Rex maxed, non stop power attacks are no problem, I dont even have all the books yet, so am not getting the full benefits. I'm on game stage 405 so the zombies are often times not just the normal ones. Although when I get rushed by several greenies I usually pull out an automatic to take care of them.

Edit: I should note that this is on Nomad since I don't like bullet sponges. I'd love separate damage sliders for difficulty so I can still do 100% damage but have the zombies do 200% damage.

13 hours ago, Danidas said:

yeah keep telling that to baton user who commonly get punched by zombie in their shaky seizure .. it locks them in place and they wont make any attack animation int heir dance  but you can still get hit if you stand close all what shock does is

-90%  to walk /run/sneaked speed  and -90% to jump heigh

<passive_effect name="RunSpeed" operation="perc_subtract" value="0.9,0" duration="0,4.3"/>

<passive_effect name="WalkSpeed" operation="perc_subtract" value="0.9,0" duration="0,4.3"/>
        <passive_effect name="CrouchSpeed" operation="perc_subtract" value="0.9,0" duration="0,4.3"/>
        <passive_effect name="JumpStrength" operation="perc_subtract" value="0.9,0" duration="0,4.3"/>

batons are not realy competitive ... stat wise they belong to weak end of iron tier and shock damage is  nowhere close to catching up  clubs have significantly higher base damage  if you do some math you realize that even with  100% shock uptime  they lose to baseball bat  steel club made  things even worse

baton entity damage 10.8

baseball bat    19.2

steel club  26.2

around and around  perked and moded baton need 7-8 seconds  of shock damage to catch up single hit difference between steel club and baton  .. making it noob friendly and easy to use ( shock helps if you struggle to dodge hits in melee)

but weak tutorial weapon   you have to wait  for  a20 atleast since they plan  stone and  steel tier batons .. (they are mentioned in xml just disabled and with same stats as iron)  but until that ..... they are fighting for title of weakest melee with knives

and yes shock damage ignore difficulty ... but its hilariously weak even perked .. compared to  damage loss from hit itself

+  it doesnt benefit from anything as well shock tstay same ... base damage difference is multiplied by quality , random roll, mods, perk, magazine .... as well as its multiplied by flurry of blows ( more hits = more entity damage)  unlike shocks  that cannot be stacked .. not to mention  compatibility with mods .. nowhere close to baton

nope  you can only compare two weapons to clubs ... sledge and axe

axe =  tool you carry anyway that can easily deal with any non green zombie perfect for people using firearms to save ammo

sledge = by far highest damage ... great aoe control  with drawback in speed ( and stamina but thats negated mid-late game)

Archived