Can I gain item after gun's shot?

Croslely

Hi Croslely

If you want brass, why don't you install a mod that adds brass or the creation of brass when mixing materials, I use mine, brass is obtained from zinc and copper mixed in the cement mixer and a compound is formed that melts in the forge , there's also the Meancloud mod (I think it's called yes), which adds boulders on the copper and zinc surface.
Regards

Nice idea. Besides that brass is not really rare since you can melt dukes to brass and easily get lots of dukes by trader quests (and selling stuff), i always wondered why in an apocalypse where ressources are more or less rare deosn't pick up the used bulletcasings. Especially if you melt brass and craft new amunition yourself anyway.

15 hours ago, convergent said:

Also, if you look at the dev comments in item modifications.xml there is specific mention of a brass catcher. 

I'm not seeing that in my item_modifiers.xml. Any chance you could paste that into the thread? I literally started working on a brass catching mod this weekend.

I was wrong about adding to the action since firearms don't appear to work that way.
-
Anyone familiar with how onSelfItemLost works? That was my next theoretical approach to this problem.

I have a lunatic idea:

What if only a trader could open the brass catcher?

That is, could we make a quest that is initialized by firing with the mod attached, that then increments a variable for each shot fired if the quest is active, and whose reward is brass casings in an amount equal to that variable?

7 hours ago, Iceburg71 said:

Another thought on this would be that you don't want it to catch ALL casings.  Maybe 60 percent.  not all casings are re-useable after be fired.  especially if fired multiple times already.  So you need to have way to do that in the game.

yep but you could still melt it...

Archived