Editing Forum Post

Ericbeaudoin

4 minutes ago, Telric said:

Same here. I can't edit my main modding post, sadly. But I'm able to edit this newly posted post...

I just had a similar situation in bdubyah's thread. I was trying to update my post where I informed him about the issues that I found in his mod and suddenly it was impossible to edit and then I refreshed the page and noticed that he replied. Perhaps we can only edit our posts until someone replies. We can test it. I just replied, so it shouldn't let you edit your post again. Try to edit it.

1 hour ago, Ericbeaudoin said:

@mr.devolver Thanks, now I know I'm not going crazy :-).

I tried adding a new replies to my mod thread. The replied worked but I'm still unable to modify the first post of the thread. 

Where would be the proper place to report bugs with the forum?

I guess you would have to inform developers directly. I mean, you could probably click the report post link on your post, but that would inform moderators about it and I'm pretty sure that moderators already saw this thread as they moved it from its original location here and since the problem persists, we can safely assume that moderators alone can't really do anything about it, so you will probably have to inform developers.

You guys aren't going crazy. There is a one-hour timer on editing now to stop spammers from returning days later to insert links into their posts. We have had a proliferation of that activity recently.

We will exclude mod authors and media content creators who need to maintain a first post in their threads from that restriction as they come and request the need.

Also, FYI, suspected bugs in the forum need only be reported to a moderator and then we will check it out. This isn't exactly a change we want to broadcast generally and most will probably never notice it in general posting so we do apologize for the confusion but are willing to help you to be able to keep editing your first posts.

2 hours ago, meganoth said:

In fact you are all going crazy. You even imagined that Roland would talk to you about some strange feature. Please see a psychiatrist, we don't want you to get split personalities as the world is crowded enough 😇

What are you talking about? Roland never replied to this thread, are you seeing things?

4 hours ago, meganoth said:

Good. But then explain why the spy software on your computers (and in two cases other devices) recorded you muttering to yourself and commenting about some post by Roland?

Umm, are you also hearing things now? lol, otherwise I have to give you a shrug. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13 hours ago, Roland said:

You guys aren't going crazy. There is a one-hour timer on editing now to stop spammers from returning days later to insert links into their posts. We have had a proliferation of that activity recently.

We will exclude mod authors and media content creators who need to maintain a first post in their threads from that restriction as they come and request the need.

Also, FYI, suspected bugs in the forum need only be reported to a moderator and then we will check it out. This isn't exactly a change we want to broadcast generally and most will probably never notice it in general posting so we do apologize for the confusion but are willing to help you to be able to keep editing your first posts.

Thanks for the explantation. I suspected it was something like that and I'm all for making it harder for spammer. I guess to request the access, I guess that the simplest way to request edit access is to report my own mod post?

[I just saw that you had already given me the right to edit. Thanks a bunch.]

Archived