Romero Mod - A game mode/suite of zombie tweaks

KhaineGB

Hi KhaineGB

Thanks for answering my questions above. Regarding the two points raise by people above:

• I also found the Trader Protection was disabled when I first downloaded your mod. It is a setting in Mods\0-SphereIICore\Config\blocks.xml. By default it was set to true. 

<property name="MakeTraderVulnerable" value="false" />

• I also had the issue with the overlapping sort icons, which was fixed through a similar XML delete as described above. There were basically two bits of code in different sections doing the same thing.

I do have a couple of new question for you if you have time - about your Wandering Horde mod specifically.

• What software did you use to create the DLL file that controls your Wandering Horde settings ? (Harmony-1-RomeroModCore.dll)  I looked on the Unity3D site as well as Harmony and DMT sites but I could not find anything that mentioned how you would create a DLL file for use, or what software I needed. I gather it is a Harmony specific mod but aside from that, I am lost. 
  • For your Wandering Horde mod - is there some setting that stops the Wandering Hordes from occurring on Blood Moon night? I have configured the game to spawn 30 zombies every 4 hours. And it seems to work fine most of the time, except when I set the Blood Moon to every night (for testing). I notice in the game log that it is not spawning the hordes every 4 hours like I expected.
  • How does the actual spawning mechanic work? Is it a case of literally every x hours a wandering horde should be spawned after Day 2? So if I set the WH period to 4 hours, would I expect 6 spawns in a 24 hour period EVERY day? Or do things like blood moon override it? Do the WH spawns still occur during the night time phase?
  • Sorry for the questions but sometimes the AI director seems very inconsistent sometimes when it generates the Hordes. I am not using V1.6 yet btw. Still on 19.5. (Is it just me or is 7DTD v19.6 barely an update from 19.5?)

thanks for your time!

I actually like having Blood Moon as an option with your mod - so I probably cannot move to your V1.6 since you forced bloodmoons off now.

So it means I might have to understand how you built your V1.5 DLL in case I ever needed to recompile it.....at the moment I do not even know how to view it.

V

Ooops one more question : If I set Logging to true in your BLOCK.XML, what effect does that have? Will I get additional information about the AI director activities? Does it send any extra log information into the main game log file ? Does not seem to make any difference when I change it from false to true.

thanks!

<property class="WHConfigLoad">
                <property name="Logging" value="true"/>
                <property name="WHHours" value="4" />           <-- Does this really mean every 4 hours starting from Day 2 ( ie. 6 times a day, every day?)
                <property name="WHZombies" value="30" />   

I use DMT to make the DLL.

Wandering hordes are disabled on bloodmoon. That's base game functionality. As an aide, screamers can't spawn hordes either during bloodmoon.

The spawning is... odd. So if you set 4 hours, ever 4 hours it will check if it's safe to spawn a wandering horde. Sometimes it does so immediately, sometimes it decides it's best to wait an hour. On rare occasions, it delays it for 12 hours. Still not sure why it does that and I need to investifate it more before I disable it.

The forced bloodmoons off is a seperate harmony patch you can just delete, but the point of this mod is to play it with bloodmoon off.

Logging is just for me to do debugging. It doesn't do anything else. Most of it's functionality is disabled because I don't need it.

Thanks for the reply - champion!

I will explore DMT a bit more then, I am still getting my head around it.

Yes the spawning is odd. I agree with all your comments above. You can see when the WH spawns that sometimes it makes different decisions.

I have no issues with you disabling Blood Moon - it is handy that I can just delete that DLL as you mentioned. But I like having it available as an option.

So for my Day of the Dead Mod I still want to use your Headshot mod via Sphere and your own Wandering Horde mod - but still enable Blood Moons and without forcing walk.

I am just having some issues with my latest round of changes, the WH setting of every 4 hours has suddenly stopped, it has been working fine on all my previous updates.

So just trying to nail down the issue.....

cheers!

I  installed the 7/30 version into a clean 19.6 game and now on day 7 I got the bloodmoon. Red day number in the morning, then in the evening, lightning, red sky, music, and a horde. You mentioned you added a harmony patch that forced bloodmoon off, so I assumed we did not need to mess around with changing bloodmoon from disabled to 0, or back. Is this not the case? When the lightning started, I did exit to menu and changed it to zero, but the horde still came.

I've been testing this mod a little bit, and right away, my least favorite part is how useless explosives are. Pipe bombs and grenade only do 1 damage, no matter what you do. If anything, they should be more effective, and cause more ragdolling, stuns and dismemberment if possible. If I remember correctly, explosion damage is a bit buggy with this mod. 

Other than that, the change to the pacing is quite exciting. 

On 8/3/2021 at 6:46 AM, seven said:

I  installed the 7/30 version into a clean 19.6 game and now on day 7 I got the bloodmoon. Red day number in the morning, then in the evening, lightning, red sky, music, and a horde. You mentioned you added a harmony patch that forced bloodmoon off, so I assumed we did not need to mess around with changing bloodmoon from disabled to 0, or back. Is this not the case? When the lightning started, I did exit to menu and changed it to zero, but the horde still came.

Works fine for me with the additional patch. Tested it several times.

21 hours ago, SrslyGTFO said:

I've been testing this mod a little bit, and right away, my least favorite part is how useless explosives are. Pipe bombs and grenade only do 1 damage, no matter what you do. If anything, they should be more effective, and cause more ragdolling, stuns and dismemberment if possible. If I remember correctly, explosion damage is a bit buggy with this mod. 

Other than that, the change to the pacing is quite exciting. 

Explosives already have increased dismemberment chance to blow limbs off, so you can turn stuff into crawlers and run away if need be.

I can look into increased ragdoll chances that increases with demolition expert though. That's not a bad idea.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

5 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Explosives already have increased dismemberment chance to blow limbs off, so you can turn stuff into crawlers and run away if need be.

I can look into increased ragdoll chances that increases with demolition expert though. That's not a bad idea.

Question: do I need to perk into explosives for dismemberment to kick in? I had a full stack of 20 from a quest reward, thinking, "this'll be fun with the next horde", and they did nothing at all in practice. Not a single dismemberment in a huge horde. Maybe I got unlucky? It sure would be fun to have the zombies go flying with explosions -- even if they aren't really hurt. 

Funny side note: I ran into some football players yesterday, and they jogged at me, something I've never seen before :D

there is a property in 0-SphereIICore\Config\blocks.xml named UnlockEnemyHealthBar.

Try to set it to "false" - this should work 😉

<property class="AdvancedUI">
        <property name="Logging" value="false"/>
        <property name="DisableXPIconNotification" value="false" />
        <!-- Don't like the UI element for XP? Set to true to disable. -->
        <property name="UnlockEnemyHealthBar" value="true" />
        <!-- Unlocks the enemy health bar-->
      </property>

On 8/4/2021 at 7:11 PM, KhaineGB said:

I dont think you need to, no. I'll check later though. Just got internet back after like... 4 hours and ready to go to bed. :D

i wanna say khaine i just started the mod and it is freaking amazing im not sure what i prefer more the virtual non stop trickle of zombies whenever you do anything or the large hordes, altho i will say at first it took some getting used to having to hit just the heads to kill them but it is proper for zombie lore :)

Hey Khaine, I'm just wondering if there's a way to disable/lessen Jax's 5x more zombies portion of the mod, I love the random wandering hordes instead of blood moons and headshot only mechanics but my computer is struggling to keep up with the amount of zombies spawning in the world.

16 hours ago, MakiEh said:

Hey Khaine, I'm just wondering if there's a way to disable/lessen Jax's 5x more zombies portion of the mod, I love the random wandering hordes instead of blood moons and headshot only mechanics but my computer is struggling to keep up with the amount of zombies spawning in the world.

well im sure you cant be struggling more than my PC does

Operating System  Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz    68 °C Wolfdale 45nm Technology
RAM  4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz (7-7-7-20)
Motherboard  Hewlett-Packard 3048h (XU1 PROCESSOR)
Graphics DELL 1704FPV (1280x1024@60Hz)  DELL 1704FPV (1280x1024@60Hz)  2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 (ZOTAC International)    66 °C
Storage  465GB Seagate ST3500413AS (SATA)    36 °C 465GB Seagate ST3500630NS (SATA)    41 °C
Optical Drives   HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS50
Audio   Realtek High Definition Audio

On 8/10/2021 at 12:54 PM, MakiEh said:

Mods\1-RomeroModCore\Config\spawning.xml

Delete that file. Done.

On 8/11/2021 at 5:03 AM, 7daystodierocks said:

well im sure you cant be struggling more than my PC does

Operating System  Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz    68 °C Wolfdale 45nm Technology
RAM  4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz (7-7-7-20)
Motherboard  Hewlett-Packard 3048h (XU1 PROCESSOR)
Graphics DELL 1704FPV (1280x1024@60Hz)  DELL 1704FPV (1280x1024@60Hz)  2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 (ZOTAC International)    66 °C
Storage  465GB Seagate ST3500413AS (SATA)    36 °C 465GB Seagate ST3500630NS (SATA)    41 °C
Optical Drives   HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS50
Audio   Realtek High Definition Audio

How is your PC still alive??? :D

Just now, KhaineGB said:

Mods\1-RomeroModCore\Config\spawning.xml

Delete that file. Done.

How is your PC still alive??? :D

IDK i ask myself self that all the time too started the hordes off at 25 and that went good will increase 1 level each time i play and see where it dies :) PS: i do have all my video settings at lowest possible

Hi Khaine GB, 

I'm a big fan of DF and first of all : Thank you so much for your work !

I just want to know if there is a possibility to add the toolbelt from DF to Romero (Modlet, xml modification, other way...) Sorry for my bad english, hope you understand my request. 

Thanks in advance for any replies

On 8/14/2021 at 12:14 AM, cfields410 said:

Not sure if this has been asked already, so I apologize if it has. I added Living Off the Land lvl 1 in my skill tree to allow me to gather 2 of each gathered plant or vegetable but I am still only gathering 1.

A19.6 Romero V1.6

Are you pressing E? If so, that's why. Punch it.

22 minutes ago, 7daystodierocks said:

tested it out at 100 zombies per horde worked beautifully will try next at 200 zeds per horde :)

Good lord. I don't go above 60 because my FPS drops from 100 down to like... 60-ish.

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

Are you pressing E? If so, that's why. Punch it.

Good lord. I don't go above 60 because my FPS drops from 100 down to like... 60-ish.

the only modder that has ever beat me was guppycur i swear he spawned a horde of 100 skeletons and a dozen dragons on me on purpose because i mocked him once :) Suffice to say that insta crashed my game and PC

Hey there ! I just downloaded the Mod and tried it manually but it showed me an error right before crashing. I can open the menu and start the game but when loading, as soon as it starts initializing the world, it crashes and says that resources.assets is corrupted and needs to be removed. When removing it, the main menu doesn't show up. I tried using the launcher to install the mod and the exact same thing happened. I would love some help as I'm pretty excited to give this Mod a try. I'm on 19.6 btw.