Romero Mod - A game mode/suite of zombie tweaks

KhaineGB

Sorry to post again but had situation with several zombies walking over mines which exploded but didn't affect any of them. No blowing up in air or dismemberment. They just appeared to walk through them. Know you were looking at that (which is doubtless caused by headshots only) and just wondered if that could be improved? Unless governed by Spherii core mod which is outside your control. Just miss blowing them Z's up lol

Well .. KhaineGB .. I finally found the correct place to ask my silly question:

1) .. Bloodmoon is Disabled in the menu .. But on day 7 .. I got the thunder and all the good stuff that goes with it .. INCLUDING the horde and killed more than 600 z's .. thank goodness for the cm (3000 rounds of ammo) .. totally not expecting it.

2) .. Ok .. on Unprotected Traders as Darkness Falls .. But I was getting z's spawning on the inside of trader walls .. not expected that either.

(Good thing I upgraded Jen's Trailer to reinforce concrete)

3) .. Is there a way to change the Headshot only .. Or .. turn it down some .. I know I was hitting many with headshot, but they were not dying per say.

4) .. I did make one change in the XML to _ 12hrs and not the 6hrs as it was, but still at 30 z's .. And .. added your 96 slot backpack mod w/food and water.

and a couple others _ remove trash/pick flowers .. some minor stuff like that.

But .. I do like not having to have wastelands and burnt forest to play the mod .. It's Alot of Fun.

Take Care and as always Be Safe, ... the Old Gamer .. 😌

PS: AND Yes .. I'm building Jen's Build from Darkness Falls, if you remember from earlier post on DF .. She has a perfect location just outside 3 city's

Edited by gpcstargate
a PS: (see edit history)

5 hours ago, nickuk01 said:

Sorry to post again but had situation with several zombies walking over mines which exploded but didn't affect any of them. No blowing up in air or dismemberment. They just appeared to walk through them. Know you were looking at that (which is doubtless caused by headshots only) and just wondered if that could be improved? Unless governed by Spherii core mod which is outside your control. Just miss blowing them Z's up lol

I shall see if I can do anything with land mines. No promises, but i'll try. It's definitely related to headshot only.

I changed grenades/explosive bolts/rocket launcher to have higher dismemberment chance.

49 minutes ago, gpcstargate said:

Well .. KhaineGB .. I finally found the correct place to ask my silly question:

1) .. Bloodmoon is Disabled in the menu .. But on day 7 .. I got the thunder and all the good stuff that goes with it .. INCLUDING the horde and killed more than 600 z's .. thank goodness for the cm (3000 rounds of ammo) .. totally not expecting it.

2) .. Ok .. on Unprotected Traders as Darkness Falls .. But I was getting z's spawning on the inside of trader walls .. not expected that either.

(Good thing I upgraded Jen's Trailer to reinforce concrete)

3) .. Is there a way to change the Headshot only .. Or .. turn it down some .. I know I was hitting many with headshot, but they were not dying per say.

4) .. I did make one change in the XML to _ 12hrs and not the 6hrs as it was, but still at 30 z's .. And .. added your 96 slot backpack mod w/food and water.

and a couple others _ remove trash/pick flowers .. some minor stuff like that.

But .. I do like not having to have wastelands and burnt forest to play the mod .. It's Alot of Fun.

Take Care and as always Be Safe, ... the Old Gamer .. 😌

PS: AND Yes .. I'm building Jen's Build from Darkness Falls, if you remember from earlier post on DF .. She has a perfect location just outside 3 city's

1) I know I answered this in the DF thread, but for anyone else... set Bloodmoon to 0 days, not disabled. I don't know WHY, but disabled doesn't work. 0 Day does. I've been trying to make that the default, but the game doesn't want to know. :D

2) I believe you can disable this in sphereii-core if you so wish.

3) Nope. It's either on or off. There IS a modlet on the forums somewhere that makes headshots lethal... so pretty much guaranteed kill. That'd work well with this mod, but I didn't include it as default as I had concerns it would be too easy.

Good day KhaineGB

I have 1 more question ..

How do I go about and turn on Random Chat with the Traders .. What, I mean is .. in DF _ Jen and others will talk all the time when you are near her or them  as in greeting you (even Vanilla they greet you) .. Glad you stop by she gets lonely .. coffee pot broken .. just random stuff ........... But in this version she will only talk _ when you have completed your business or picked a quest and she tell you to be safe _ etc.

Yel, I know .. kinda of silly .. but it make the game more fun and for being an Old Fart .. gives the game a bit of that personal touch.

So .. I was wondering if there is a Random chat "True" somewhere that I could reset ... Or is that something in DF you did?? .... Because, I have no clue to where to even start to look.

Thank You and as Always Take Care and Be Safe ... the Old Gamer .. 😌 ................ Having a Blast with this version and I might even turn Bloodmoon back on.

16 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

The chat thing is actually related to the trader protection. I am PRETTY sure I just turned that off in sphereii-core, so you can just turn it back on to enable that.

In DF, I use special buffs for it due to the protection being off.

😊Thank You Sir .. That worked .. Have a great and Safe weekend ... the Old Gamer .. 😌

PS: Is there anyway that you could add those special buffs to this version of mod .. or if it is to much trouble .. No Worries, understood.

Still .. thankful for .. Chatty Jen .. Base is coming along nicely .. a bit better than the first time so far. 

Will post a screenshot once done, IF that is Okay?

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

My build for Romero Mod ... Rebuilding JEN's World with protection from the ever present Hordes.  Just a Start:

One thing I did .. was to replace all of TFP messed up railings .. someone really got lazy, but then they might not have had alot to choice from at the time this was first built for the game.

More to come if it is Okay with KhaineGB .. Have a Great weekend and as always Be Safe ... the Old Gamer .. 😌

7 Days to Die Screenshot 2020.10.09 - 11.56.59.17.png

7 Days to Die Screenshot 2020.10.09 - 11.57.27.42.png

7 Days to Die Screenshot 2020.10.09 - 15.22.22.58.png

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

1 hour ago, nickuk01 said:

gpcstargate - Where do you get the wireless junction boxes?

The best one that I have found is on Nexus by PhDGaming .. https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/388

and he has several others that I use also, Nexus is a Free site and Download .. just have to register .. been there many years with no issues.

7 Days to Die Screenshot 2020.10.09 - 15.20.43.52.png

Edited by gpcstargate
added picture. (see edit history)

17 hours ago, gpcstargate said:

The best one that I have found is on Nexus by PhDGaming .. https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/388

and he has several others that I use also, Nexus is a Free site and Download .. just have to register .. been there many years with no issues.

7 Days to Die Screenshot 2020.10.09 - 15.20.43.52.png

awesome thanks dude.. i am a nexus member but must confess must missed that mod. cheers bro

Romero is updated to V1.2 for A19.2.

I didn't change anything other than "It works on 19.2 and I fixed the HP bars not working."

That's it. :)

And because it's been happening in the DF discord...

If you are using the mod launcher, you CANNOT just let it "update" the mod and assume you're good. You will be missing the required Steelseries DLL's and get an error that crashes the game.

You MUST download A19.2, make sure it works in Vanilla, THEN patch it with Romero Mod.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Hi KGB several of questions for you.  Can you add settings that allow us to randomize the wandering horde (in main menu)?  Randomize the size like 20-50 for example.  Also randomize when the horde will appear.  I Iike wandering hordes better than blood moons, but if I know when they are coming that still means I can plan to avoid them.   Also can you add protected trader into this mod?  If you do not, is it possible for the traders to be killed by a horde?  If you cannot have zombies killed by explosions I think it would be great if they would at least lose their legs and become crawlers.  Are there any survivor/bandit modlets that work with Romero?  I tried adding human pack and it caused repeated null reference errors.  

No. Adding extra menu items is REALLY hard. The last time I tried it straight up didn't work, then corrupted my options file so much I couldn't even play vanilla.

I can TRY and add it as an XML option, but no promises.

Protected trader you can do yourself. It's in 0-SphereiiCore/Config/blocks.xml. I turned it off because I felt it was more fitting of the Romero-style setting. As far as I know, the trader can die but will eventually respawn.

I already added dismemberment chance to explosions for zombies.

And no idea on survivors/bandits. If you're getting NRE's, my guess is something isn't configured right.

2 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

I believe I may have turned on "random walk type" in sphereii-core.

So TECHNICALLY not a bug.

Yes, it was on but thanks.

But i noticed i have no hordes anymore. I have tried 1, 2, 4 and 8 hours (inGame hours?) between hordes but nothing happens.

Edited by Drag0n88 (see edit history)

On 10/21/2020 at 7:46 PM, Drag0n88 said:

Yes, it was on but thanks.

But i noticed i have no hordes anymore. I have tried 1, 2, 4 and 8 hours (inGame hours?) between hordes but nothing happens.

I'll have to look into that

4 hours ago, nickuk01 said:

Hey Khaine do you know roughly how long before you mod is updated on the 7d2d mod launcher? Still shows 19.1

It IS updated. I just forgot to update the XML to say it's for 19.1 (at least I think I did, but the mod is 100% updated).

Never believe the launcher. Always believe what I post here instead. 😛

17 hours ago, gpcstargate said:

nickuk01

quick question .. did you update the Game to A19.2 on the Mod Launcher? That is not an Automatic feature of the launcher. Just wondering. 

Have a good one .. take care and be safe

Not yet....left vanilla game at 19.1 but may look to update now Khaine says his mod is upated on the launcher

• 3 weeks later...