Romero Mod - A game mode/suite of zombie tweaks

KhaineGB

Thank you so much for the Darkness Falls and the Romero mods! They are an amazing twist on the game.

I really like the theme and mechanics of the Romero mod, much more my personal play style, however it desperately needs the fineries of the Darkness Falls survival and crafting. Is there any chance that we will ever see an amalgamation of the two?

Thank you again. 

• 2 weeks later...

You can just edit the XML to add a 7 day option.

And no. DF and Romero likely will not be getting combined. The point of Romero Mod is to try and make it more "classic zombie" without all of DF's features so folks can modlet the ever loving hell out of it...

Rather than trying to do that to DF where it won't work 95% of the time.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Romero Mod has now been updated to V1.3.

No changelog for this other than "Works on 19.3". Should be save-file compatible, but no promises.

Client (Gitlab/Launcher): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/romero-mod-a19-client/-/archive/master/romero-mod-a19-client-master.zip
Server (Gitlab/Launcher): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/romero-mod-a19-server/-/archive/master/romero-mod-a19-server-master.zip

Hello,

We are working on a mod that uses DMT and wanted to include Romero Mod but the person I'm working with says we can't do it "without the scripts before they are compiled."  Is this something you would be willing to publish?  Thanks for any info. :)  Oh and the mod we are making is something new that we don't think anyone has done yet and involves immersion but no changes of zombies, loot, or game advancement.

Not really, no.

But leave it with me. I can probably compile everything into a single DLL that can then just be loaded from another mod. It DOES need sphereii-core though (for headshots)

EDIT: Ignore me! I just checked. ALL Romero Mod core code is in Harmony-1-RomeroModCore. Only Sphereii-core uses Mods.dll, so you should just be able to drop it into any existing DMT project.

Hey, i like the idea of old school zombies, ran into something though, backpack buttons seems to be overlapping in mi game, vanilla buttons are there altogether with the modded  ones, theres a way i can fix this so i can have only one of both? im not using the mod manager btw.

Overlapp.png

Edited by caerro
Spelling (see edit history)

I recently downloaded this mod and am playing with a friend. We just hit 22:00 on Day 7 and a Blood Moon did occur. Sky turned red and many zombies came running at us. We did not have a horde base built so it was interesting.

Is this a bug? I installed with the Mod Manager, pre-synced, and refreshed the mod and there was no change. The setting do show the Blood Moon disabled with a frequency of 0 days. 

Good Day KhaineGB

A quick question in reference to your Mod .. Spawns & Claims .. Will that mess up the Romero Mod .. why I ask is I like the idea of addition claim block on the map ( I have it set to 3 ) and Max the Zombies _ animals at 50 .. But the zombies do not seem to be showing up at 5X per JaxTeller mod.

So .. I was just wondering if it messes with Romero Mod and should I remove it. 

Hoping you have a Good New Years and hoping 2021 is better for everyone. Take Care and Be Safe ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

On 12/26/2020 at 11:02 PM, JodoKirvanti said:

I recently downloaded this mod and am playing with a friend. We just hit 22:00 on Day 7 and a Blood Moon did occur. Sky turned red and many zombies came running at us. We did not have a horde base built so it was interesting.

Is this a bug? I installed with the Mod Manager, pre-synced, and refreshed the mod and there was no change. The setting do show the Blood Moon disabled with a frequency of 0 days. 

You have to change it to 0 days in the main menu. I have no idea why, but you do.

On 12/27/2020 at 2:05 AM, ひろけーえぬえぬ said:

Thanks for the fun mod.
Are pipe pistol, pipe rifle, and scrap tools obsolete in V1.3 (α19.3)?

(Google Translate.)

No. I just @%$#ed up. Working on fixing it now.

On 12/28/2020 at 8:22 AM, wolfshine said:

Great mod :)
Can I ask if it is possible to add to the base time a random spawn time (configurable via xml?)? it would be great

I think you can do that in Mods\1-RomeroModCore\Config\blocks.xml

On 12/31/2020 at 4:49 PM, gpcstargate said:

Good Day KhaineGB

A quick question in reference to your Mod .. Spawns & Claims .. Will that mess up the Romero Mod .. why I ask is I like the idea of addition claim block on the map ( I have it set to 3 ) and Max the Zombies _ animals at 50 .. But the zombies do not seem to be showing up at 5X per JaxTeller mod.

So .. I was just wondering if it messes with Romero Mod and should I remove it. 

Hoping you have a Good New Years and hoping 2021 is better for everyone. Take Care and Be Safe ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

I shall check, but I think it will work.

24 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

I think you can do that in Mods\1-RomeroModCore\Config\blocks.xml

thanks for your answer KhaineGB
I haven't found the parameter for the random range in blocks.xml :(

<!-- Wandering Horde Config -->
          <block name="WHConfigBlock">
            <property name="Extends" value="terrDesertGround"/>

<property class="WHConfigLoad">
                <property name="Logging" value="false"/>
                <property name="WHHours" value="6" />     <!-- How many hours between wandering horde spawn --> 
                <property name="WHZombies" value="40" />     <!-- Amount of zombies per horde -->
            </property>
        </block>

<property name="WHHours" value="6" />     <!-- How many hours between wandering horde spawn --> 
                <property name="WHZombies" value="40" />     <!-- Amount of zombies per horde -->

Literally in the comments next to those lines ;)

Oh wait, you mean COMPLETELY random like the bloodmoon stuff.

No. That's not possible unless I go code it in.

47 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Literally in the comments next to those lines ;)

Oh wait, you mean COMPLETELY random like the bloodmoon stuff.

No. That's not possible unless I go code it in.

Yes KhaineGB
I mean something like an additional parameter:
<property name="WHRandomDeviationHours" value="2" />  

<property name="WHHours" value="6" />

So the horde can come in 4 hours or 5 hours or 6 hours or 7 hours or 8 hours
To make the game more unpredictable and exciting :) 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone run into an issue with the zombies starting to run?  Everything was fine until day 7, then they all were running and kept running in the days afterwards.  The only change that I made was to put it on warrior mode to toughen them up.  So I wiped the game and all save data, re-installed and they started running from the start.

Any ideas/thoughts/condolences?
Peace
ENT

Edited by Entropylaw (see edit history)

On 12/25/2020 at 9:54 AM, KhaineGB said:

Try deleting the backpack buttons folder from Mods.

I'll double check later and see if I accidentally modded the XML with it and also added the modlet (which is possible cos i'm dumb sometimes) but that should sort it.

@KhaineGB I am seeing the same overlapping buttons issue that this player you responded to is having.  Not a big deal or game breaking but you may need a hotfix at some point.

Separate Question:  I am finding that Zs are still taking decent damage to the body.  I'd like to nerf the body damage even further.  Is that possible and if so what config would I find that in to adjust it? Thanks!

1 hour ago, Entropylaw said:

Has anyone run into an issue with the zombies starting to run?  Everything was fine until day 7, then they all were running and kept running in the days afterwards.  The only change that I made was to put it on warrior mode to toughen them up.  So I wiped the game and all save data, re-installed and they started running from the start.

Any ideas/thoughts/condolences?
Peace
ENT

Do you have bloodmoons option on 0 days or disabled? If you already had it on 0 days, I am stumped. 

Edited by omegarte (see edit history)