Romero Mod - A game mode/suite of zombie tweaks

KhaineGB

It does not at the moment.

I just updated it on my machine today so need to test.

12 hours ago, CrypticGirl said:

Yeah, I have the Romero mod installed in a separate directory than the Steam game (because it's DMT and I don't want to screw up the main directory).  The latest output log in that directory was created on 9/11/2020.  It's now the 18th.  So why isn't it generating the log (and I just exited the Romero game a few minutes ago).

My guess is you installed it on experimental, which has changed some zombies.

7 hours ago, Greymantle said:

I love the concept of the mod but after playing a few days all I do is fight zombies. I hardly ever get any rest to do anything else and was wondering if you can give an option how often we get wondering hordes? After day 3 I already had over 200 zombies killed. 0_0

There is an option.

Mods\1-RomeroModCore\Config\Blocks.xml

<property class="WHConfigLoad">
				<property name="Logging" value="false"/>
				<property name="WHHours" value="6" />     <!-- How many hours between wandering horde spawn --> 
				<property name="WHZombies" value="30" />     <!-- Amount of zombies per horde. I do not recommend going above 50 for fps reasons -->
			</property>
3 hours ago, CrypticGirl said:

Okay, I went into the spawn menu and spawned in each zombie to see which one was causing the NRE's.  It's the zombie cops that are doing it, all three variations (normal, feral, and radiated).  I don't know why, though... :(

That helps. I'll have a look. It might be related to the puke.

Hey KGB I have always been a fan of  Darkness Falls it's my favorite mod.  I haven't tried it yet but I hope your Romero Mod is more of what I have wished for in 7DTD.  I don't want a horde night just routine zombies walking around/in POIs and a really big horde randomly.  I want to be looting a house look out the window and see a massive horde coming my way and have to run for my life! I hope you can add survivors and bandits  into this mod.  I know it is a dumb question by via the launcher can I add modlets to your mod?  I'm clueless about adding modlets to the game.  Also do you plan to keep adding to this mod?  Are your hordes single file or can they be broader? Single file hordes are too easy they don't really surround you. Will you adjust explosives not doing much damage?  Thanks as always for all the efforts you put into this game.  

So I was playing this mod because I like the idea of it. I noticed though that early on, maybe level 2 or 3 I went into a POI and started to clear it out and noticed zombies kept coming in from outside they just would not stop. I literally gained 3 levels in one POI from zombie kills. Is this the intended gameplay or was that a fluke? I didn't adjust the zombie count or anything and they were weren't "ninja spawning" in front of me, they just kept appearing inside from outside.

8 hours ago, jprasch said:

Hey KGB I have always been a fan of  Darkness Falls it's my favorite mod.  I haven't tried it yet but I hope your Romero Mod is more of what I have wished for in 7DTD.  I don't want a horde night just routine zombies walking around/in POIs and a really big horde randomly.  I want to be looting a house look out the window and see a massive horde coming my way and have to run for my life! I hope you can add survivors and bandits  into this mod.  I know it is a dumb question by via the launcher can I add modlets to your mod?  I'm clueless about adding modlets to the game.  Also do you plan to keep adding to this mod?  Are your hordes single file or can they be broader? Single file hordes are too easy they don't really surround you. Will you adjust explosives not doing much damage?  Thanks as always for all the efforts you put into this game.  

Not planning to add survivors/bandits. I want to keep this as "light" possible so it's easy for the end user to download then customize.

You should be able to use the mod launcher to add modlets.

5 hours ago, metrojosie said:

So I was playing this mod because I like the idea of it. I noticed though that early on, maybe level 2 or 3 I went into a POI and started to clear it out and noticed zombies kept coming in from outside they just would not stop. I literally gained 3 levels in one POI from zombie kills. Is this the intended gameplay or was that a fluke? I didn't adjust the zombie count or anything and they were weren't "ninja spawning" in front of me, they just kept appearing inside from outside.

That's just due to the large amount of roaming zombies. I'm looking at slightly lowering the amount.

Hey Khaine, gonna install your mod and give it a whirl. I believe Spherii core mod has been updated slightly to your version. Can I replace yours with his newer version or would that break anything in your mod?

In settings for number of zombies in world I am bit confused as to how this works and best settings? Is it the total number on screen at any time or something else?

Edited by nickuk01
add narrative (see edit history)

What a great idea! I'm not currently playing Dfalls because of the new changes in vanilla, I want to fully experience them first.

This mod however, adds/changes the things I like!

Perhaps make zombies walk-only too? For that *true* Romero experience, to go with the headshot-only thingy

Right, Romero Mod is now updated for A19.1!

- Updated for A19.1b8
- Increaed amount of XP required to level due to more zombies.
- Decreased value of scrap tools, weapons and pipe weapons.
- Slightly increased the zombie respawn delay during the day so there should be slightly less zombies.
- Slightly decreased the zombie respawn delay during the night so there should be slightly more zombies.
- Increased dismemberment chance of explosives.

Client (GDrive): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tWYRN4HnqcbsKpUHYMDOozvrzz1mTvIY/view?usp=sharing
Server (GDrive): https://drive.google.com/file/d/15lKu96bncCmy7G6My5AEFEJiqrA018e7/view?usp=sharing

Client (Git/Launcher): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/romero-mod-a19-client/-/archive/master/romero-mod-a19-client-master.zip
Server (Git/Launcher): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/romero-mod-a19-server/-/archive/master/romero-mod-a19-server-master.zip

WOW... I always wanted a mod like this to try out. I really like the walker concept of The Walking Dead series, where the zombies only can be killed if their brains are destroyed :D The increased zombie spawns are a must have element in A19, i dont like how TFP is almost completely turned off outdoor zombies... :(

BIG thanks for your work man!

Edited by kexes (see edit history)

11 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Since I can't sleep, worked on a potential workaround for molotovs, flaming arrows and anything that shocks zombies (which I think is just the electric fence and the stun baton?) so they'll do proper damage.

Will test later.

Sounds awesome... but get some sleep my friend!