Vehicle Madness for A21

Ragsy 2145

18 minutes ago, doughphunghus said:

As I understand it, this mod is supposed to be used on a new randomly generated world, meaning: you load the mod, then generate your random world, and the new world has the new cars in it.  If this is not happening for you my best guess is the mod isn't loaded correctly (like literally the mod was not copied into the right folder, or the mod folder you're using is incorrect, or you're using a version of the game incompatible with the mod version, or maybe you've loaded lots of mods and its interfering with this mod).

The most common issue i hear about is the first 2 in the list, which can be verified by:

For me, my "Vehicle Madness" mod was copied into the "Mods" folder (That I had to make myself) and looks like this (I'm on Ubuntu, not Windows but it should be similar):

[steam folders]/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/Mods/VehicleMadness_Overhaul_Beta2.0/

in this last folder (for me it's named "VehicleMadness_Overhaul_Beta2.0"but it might be different for you), you should see several files and folders, but also this file: ModInfo.xml

If the "ModInfo.xml" in not there, you have copied the mod into the Mods folder incorrectly.  The game has to see this file 1 folder deep into the "Mods" folder, meaning: Every mod must be like this: /Mods/[the mod folder]/ModInfo.xml

Oh thanks that was it. I didnt copy the mod correctly to the mods folder. 

25 minutes ago, Guppycur said:

Dang Brits and their inability to understand the English language. 

/Runs away 

Hehe quite!  We stole most of our words anyway!

That said, here is a US dictionary 😛 https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rachet

10 minutes ago, ZoneBreaker said:

Oh thanks that was it. I didnt copy the mod correctly to the mods folder. 

Also if you are running on a dedicated server you have to copy the mods onto a SP instance, generate the map on there and then transfer to the server to get the cars etc spawning right :D

Edited by MikeyUK (see edit history)

On 2/2/2022 at 8:32 PM, Cronosus said:

bdubyah or Ragsy 2145

may i please ask you for help? i'm trying to fix mod with MI-17 helicopter, and looks like theres problem with model itself.

Author of that mod included even unityasset within that mod, but i dont know how to export it to make it work again in A20.

i can do xml mods, but when it comes to unity, then i'm lost cause. :D 

Updated Tiger is just finishing it off should be out in next few days .. Hind is also due out in next few days . 

2 hours ago, Guppycur said:

Dang Brits and their inability to understand the English language. 

/Runs away 

ha ha

14 hours ago, HYper said:

are oil removed from the cars, real low or just non existant in the mod? i seem to keep getting carborators and such but oil is like 2 every 5-6 cars i wrench.

edit:

i wrench vanilla ambulance and i get all the usual items: gas, oil, etc. but the vehicle mod vehicles doesn't give gas or oil i'm noticing, if it does, it's been trimmed down by a lot.  can this be corrected or can i even change it myself (if its not what everyone wants).  thanks !

Harvest feedback is always good thanks and yes oil will be addressed soon in Version 2.1 .    All VM vehicles with a couple of exceptions extend the vanilla base wrecks so not sure why things are different ,   there are more goodies available if you find the VM ambulance , Firetruck , Military truck as they have their own harvest stuff .  

Regards

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)

Ragsy remembering the video yall posted showing the animated tracks for tanks which was impressive im sure the M1 abrams tank may already be on yalls list for future additions, but heres a tank i'm requesting yall check out

Maus: Revealed: Nazi Germany's Massive World War II ...

its the panzer 8 AKA MAUS. you guys did an amazing job animating tank tracks never have i been so proud of someone but seeing how successful yall were I'm confident you guys can pull this off only if yall want to of course, whatever tanks yall add i'm ok with. once again fantastic job keep up the awesome work.

59 minutes ago, AndrewT said:

Ragsy remembering the video yall posted showing the animated tracks for tanks which was impressive im sure the M1 abrams tank may already be on yalls list for future additions, but heres a tank i'm requesting yall check out

Maus: Revealed: Nazi Germany's Massive World War II ...

its the panzer 8 AKA MAUS. you guys did an amazing job animating tank tracks never have i been so proud of someone but seeing how successful yall were I'm confident you guys can pull this off only if yall want to of course, whatever tanks yall add i'm ok with. once again fantastic job keep up the awesome work.

Now that reminds me of the Hind we did ....the 'Flying Tank' and that was big ..... this tank is huge as well ..    Yeah Tank stuff is still in works but will be moving with that after next release of VM and we have all had a break for a few days lol . 

Regards

Ragsy !!

2 hours ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

Now that reminds me of the Hind we did ....the 'Flying Tank' and that was big ..... this tank is huge as well ..    Yeah Tank stuff is still in works but will be moving with that after next release of VM and we have all had a break for a few days lol . 

Regards

Ragsy !!

breaks are understandable as I need them at work especially with my anxiety disorder and yeah the MAUS is huge (not as big as the RATTE) but I was thinking of using the MAUS mostly as a debris or wall smasher as even tanks like the Sherman could take out giant zombies with ease.

also speaking of the Hind you said yall wanted to make working turrets on the tanks as well as mounted machine guns. do yall plan to do the same to helicopters as well like what we saw in A16 starvation?

On 2/14/2022 at 12:29 AM, ZoneBreaker said:

Does this mod work with ranodmly generated worlds? I've been exploring city after city but can't seem to find any new cars.

Yep.

I'm playing a random world and cars everywhere. Haven't found a running version but have found 3 repairable ones. Currently putting about in a Kafer (Bug/Beetle)

Edited by RobWed (see edit history)

I notice some wrecks are just there to break down. There are some, like the Defender that seem to have a couple of stages before the complete wreck, e.g. 'Damaged', 'HalfWreck'.

Are these also repairable? As in one repair kit will take a HalfWreck to a Damaged, and another will take it to Repairable , &c.

10 hours ago, RobWed said:

I notice some wrecks are just there to break down. There are some, like the Defender that seem to have a couple of stages before the complete wreck, e.g. 'Damaged', 'HalfWreck'.

Are these also repairable? As in one repair kit will take a HalfWreck to a Damaged, and another will take it to Repairable , &c.

The only ones that are repairable at present are the ones that say they are 'repairable'.

We did initially do 3 tools for a test on repairs system in early development ....but with Vehicle Madness at the time having  time '50' plus wreck variations we opted for the single tool for now . 

Now at 89 wreck variations we would need 3x the tools and things could get cluttered .   Future wise looking to improve the way this works so we can eventually go to a 3 stage repair .   

Regards

Ragsy

The only ones that are repairable at present are the ones that say they are 'repairable'.

We did initially do 3 tools for a test on repairs system in early development ....but with Vehicle Madness at the time having  time '50' plus wreck variations we opted for the single tool for now . 

Now at 89 wreck variations we would need 3x the tools and things could get cluttered .   Future wise looking to improve the way this works so we can eventually go to a 3 stage repair .   

Regards

Ragsy

So we could see something like needing certain parts in our inventories along with the repair tools to repair certain vehicles. which would make sense

14 minutes ago, AndrewT said:

So we could see something like needing certain parts in our inventories along with the repair tools to repair certain vehicles. which would make sense

Yes you got it spot on thats the plan ... eventually that is and with A20 there are more possibilities to do this opening up .

Regards

Ragsy

22 hours ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

Yes you got it spot on thats the plan ... eventually that is and with A20 there are more possibilities to do this opening up .

Regards

Ragsy

awesome. would this also apply to maintaining your vehicles if they take certain amounts of damage to make vehicle repair less dumbed down?

On 2/15/2022 at 4:50 PM, Cronosus said:

when talking about turrets.... i and my friend often curse that we can't shoot from vehicle on ride. (atleast from second.. seat) 😕 

in A16 the old custom vehicles mod which i meant instead of starvation this green mad max looking chopper which was a salvaged huey chopper had a mounted fully functional rocket launcher.

On 2/17/2022 at 11:03 AM, Guppycur said:

Manux's mod.  It used a lot of custom code that no longer works since a16. 

that I know but this mod is already not server-side so that wont stop them from adding new #c codes to make mining vehicles possible.

speaking of which Ragsy since you guys focus alot on realism with the vehicles and the digger would make sense for digging clay or sand. could I show yall a mining vehicle with a large drill bit (you know those cone shaped drills) that yall may think would look good if yall are interested? I know several mining vehicles including ones from other games that yall can use as references.

18 hours ago, AndrewT said:

that I know but this mod is already not server-side so that wont stop them from adding new #c codes to make mining vehicles possible.

speaking of which Ragsy since you guys focus alot on realism with the vehicles and the digger would make sense for digging clay or sand. could I show yall a mining vehicle with a large drill bit (you know those cone shaped drills) that yall may think would look good if yall are interested? I know several mining vehicles including ones from other games that yall can use as references.

Sadly VM Team does not have a C# programming expert so even if we start to learn C#  it will take a long time to get something up and running .... all efforts to date have been purely XML based .

I would love to add that string to our bow at some point but for me or the others it will take time to go that route ....  theres no doubting that for his era in 7days modding manux was way ahead of everyone else in the vehicles area a true legend of the modding scene.

We have a big selection of stuff ...  I know other vehicle modders are also looking at mining vehicles so maybe they will come up with something ..... the new batch of vehicle modders we are seeing in our modding discord are doing some great stuff already so the future is bright for vehicle modding side of things . 

Regards

Ragsy!!

4 hours ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

Sadly VM Team does not have a C# programming expert so even if we start to learn C#  it will take a long time to get something up and running .... all efforts to date have been purely XML based .

I would love to add that string to our bow at some point but for me or the others it will take time to go that route ....  theres no doubting that for his era in 7days modding manux was way ahead of everyone else in the vehicles area a true legend of the modding scene.

We have a big selection of stuff ...  I know other vehicle modders are also looking at mining vehicles so maybe they will come up with something ..... the new batch of vehicle modders we are seeing in our modding discord are doing some great stuff already so the future is bright for vehicle modding side of things . 

Regards

Ragsy!!

that's good to know but what you guys have managed to pull off throughout the alphas is still incredibly impressive. although one thing i thought of is if someone who is that good at vehicle modding either makes his own mod or joins yalls team it will be a major breakthrough.

8 hours ago, RobWed said:

Damn!

I found a flatbed truck in running order and made a ramp to put my Beetle on the back. Unfortunately the beetle doesn't travel with the truck. Thought I'd found an easy way to get new vehicles back to base...

Yeah  thats something that we did try out when testing ....we can box in a vehicle but it effects both vehicles physics and some strange things happened.    We could probably only do this with an attach prefab of the vehicle if player has in normal inventory.   A bit like the RV will attach a bicycle if held in normal inventory. 

Regards

Ragsy !!

Yeah  thats something that we did try out when testing ....we can box in a vehicle but it effects both vehicles physics and some strange things happened.    We could probably only do this with an attach prefab of the vehicle if player has in normal inventory.   A bit like the RV will attach a bicycle if held in normal inventory. 

Regards

Ragsy !!

That reminds me I found that tender piece that military jeeps would tow behind them to haul extra supplies such as ammunition or weapon maintenance supplies for troops. there usually in random places to search for supplies but since we now have a vehicle mods system are there plans to add these tenders as a mod attachment to the military vehicles as a visual mod that will also increase the vehicles inventory?

Also ragsy if yall add more motorbikes such as military bikes the sidecar motorbikes use for an extra passenger would be nice as a visual extra seat mod which honestly TFP should've done with the vanilla motorcycle as it would've made more sense. if the motorcycle can wield steel spikes on the front with ease then the side car shouldn't be too much weight.

5 hours ago, AndrewT said:

That reminds me I found that tender piece that military jeeps would tow behind them to haul extra supplies such as ammunition or weapon maintenance supplies for troops. there usually in random places to search for supplies but since we now have a vehicle mods system are there plans to add these tenders as a mod attachment to the military vehicles as a visual mod that will also increase the vehicles inventory?

Also ragsy if yall add more motorbikes such as military bikes the sidecar motorbikes use for an extra passenger would be nice as a visual extra seat mod which honestly TFP should've done with the vanilla motorcycle as it would've made more sense. if the motorcycle can wield steel spikes on the front with ease then the side car shouldn't be too much weight.

you know.. i often wondered why noone did motorcycle with sidecar.  >)

Edited by Cronosus (see edit history)

I repaired an old style Kombi and it's bugged. 

At the point of repairing it it dropped a clone that sat about a metre off the ground. Non-interactable. Can walk through it.

I can hold the vehicle in my inventory but any time I place it it's the same story. I even opened cheat mode and got rid of the vehicle I'd repaired and got a new one. Same story.

16 hours ago, RobWed said:

I repaired an old style Kombi and it's bugged. 

At the point of repairing it it dropped a clone that sat about a metre off the ground. Non-interactable. Can walk through it.

I can hold the vehicle in my inventory but any time I place it it's the same story. I even opened cheat mode and got rid of the vehicle I'd repaired and got a new one. Same story.

Odd ...  I will check it out later and see what happens with it .  

Regards

Ragsy !!