How to destroy a unique game-7 Days to Die

user2010

A group of lovers of bad games like RAST and ARK are constantly trying to destroy the unique game of 7 days!
In the post-apocalyptic game, the future! Attention of the future!
And not dinosaur games where they fight with stones and sticks!
They argue this as a desire, to receive, as it were, the real world! Sure! Such cool hardcore players, but instead of a machine gun, let's throw stones at zombies for day 7!
Forward to the ARC!
If I take a machine gun and go against the whole forum on a field where there will be hardcore spear players! I very much doubt their future!
It is especially pleasant to watch them ride ox carts in the future since the 18th century!
And who is stopping you for hardcore players, not to use weapons, but to throw them away or sell them!
NOT! It's not about weapons, but about wanting to ruin the game!
The best option for developing the game in the future is the "DARKNESS FALLS."
In this fashion, it is more logical, you can see it, develop, character!
There are present technologies of the future, weapons of the future!
As well as supermonsters that can be killed with these weapons!

Sorry Google translation :(

Actually the game goes back to where it was before A17.

I started in A15 and back then you didn't have half a dozen guns and several hundred rounds of ammo in the first week. The first horde was fought with the bow or, if you found the schematics, with the crossbow. If you were lucky enough to find a complete pistol you used it only for emergencies because without the schematics you couldn't even repair it. Most of the time you only found parts of the gun and you could only assemble the gun if you had the right schematic.

Darkness Falls is not a bad mod. I like the LBD system but it is extremely gun-heavy and I don't like that at all.
The early game is mostly skipped. Depending on your class you get everything you normally would have to work for in the early game just by doing the class quest.

11 hours ago, user2010 said:

A group of lovers of poor games, RAST and ARK, are trying to destroy a unique game!
In the post-apocalypse game, the future! Attention of the future!
And not games on dinosaurs, where they fight with @%$*#! and sticks!
Let's get realism! Sure! Such cool hardcore players, but instead of a machine gun, let's throw poppies at zombies for 7 days!
Forward to the ARK!
And let me take a machine gun, and after the whole forum will go out into the field, and hardcore players with spears! I very much doubt their future!
It is especially pleasant to watch how in the future they ride on carts with oxen from the 18th century!
And who is stopping you not to use a weapon, throw it away or sell it!
NOT! It's not about weapons, it's about wanting to ruin the game!
The best direction of development, in my opinion, is "DARKNESS FALLS. " fashion.

I think maybe you should post in your native language and hope someone who is fluent in both can translate. Not trying to be a jerk, but google translate really let you down.

10 hours ago, RipClaw said:

I started in A15 and back then you didn't have half a dozen guns and several hundred rounds of ammo in the first week. The first horde was fought with the bow or, if you found the schematics, with the crossbow. If you were lucky enough to find a complete pistol you used it only for emergencies because without the schematics you couldn't even repair it. Most of the time you only found parts of the gun and you could only assemble the gun if you had the right schematic.

Darkness Falls is not a bad mod. I like the LBD system but it is extremely gun-heavy and I don't like that at all.
The early game is mostly skipped. Depending on your class you get everything you normally would have to work for in the early game just by doing the class quest.

Personally I think the DF system gives a better feel of progression. I like this new system in theory a lot but I feel like it's a too slow between stages. I think the real difference is that there's end game content in DF. Early guns suck, vanilla guns are mid-game and then there's end game guns. A19 takes the same amount of content from A18 and just stretches it out so it's thinner.

I like the idea of having less access to good guns early but that content hasn't been replaced with anything... looting gets really boring and progression becomes non-existent for like ten days between stages. It leaves me feeling a bit aimless between technology tiers. This could be fixed with some tweaks or even leaving it as it is but adding some progression-related content beyond base building.

Perhaps once the White River faction is added it will give more the player more agency in the early game. Or maybe putting a bit of work into trader quests so that you get access to more 'special jobs' that could lead to one good gun or tool at the end of it so you have something to work towards that incentivizes clearing POIs in the early game beyond just getting access to new traders. And the 'special job' is a little redundant in this alpha anyway since they're in cities and much easier to locate, in every world so far I've found the next nearest trader before I'm sent to it. If nothing else I really hope they can code it at some point to send you to a trader that you have not already visited.

12 hours ago, user2010 said:

A group of lovers of poor games, RAST and ARK, are trying to destroy a unique game!
In the post-apocalypse game, the future! Attention of the future!
And not games on dinosaurs, where they fight with @%$*#! and sticks!
Let's get realism! Sure! Such cool hardcore players, but instead of a machine gun, let's throw poppies at zombies for 7 days!
Forward to the ARK!
And let me take a machine gun, and after the whole forum will go out into the field, and hardcore players with spears! I very much doubt their future!
It is especially pleasant to watch how in the future they ride on carts with oxen from the 18th century!
And who is stopping you not to use a weapon, throw it away or sell it!
NOT! It's not about weapons, it's about wanting to ruin the game!
The best direction of development, in my opinion, is "DARKNESS FALLS. " fashion.

Hello, I think you wandered into the wrong forums.  I think you meant to go here.

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/

or here...

Darkness Falls Website

13 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Здравствуйте, я думаю, что вы забрели не на те форумы. Я думаю, что вы хотели пойти сюда.

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/

или здесь ...

Сайт Темноты

Just the opposite!
The meaning of my message is contrary to your message!

14 hours ago, Fenris said:

Я думаю, что, возможно, вам следует писать на своем родном языке и надеяться, что кто-то, кто свободно владеет обоими, сможет перевести. Не пытаясь быть придурком, но Google Translate действительно подведет вас.

Maybe you're right! :(

On 7/24/2020 at 10:08 AM, eXSe said:

blackadder-confused.gif

LOL! yeah, exactly..

On 7/24/2020 at 10:24 AM, RipClaw said:

Only my opinion from watching Glock9's play of that, yeah gun heavy, and you get a lot of skills quick, but without that, you wouldn't stand a chance against the numbers of buffed zom's, so it kinda balances out?

2 minutes ago, user2010 said:

Fixed version of the first topic re-translation!

The only thing I could decipher was that you feel that Ark and Rust players are ruining 7 days to Die...and perhaps the Darkness Falls Overhaul should be the way the game should be...oh and how you dont like the stone age tier...

I got lost a few times tho when you mentioned 18th century Ox carts and throwing poop at zombies...

😂

11 hours ago, Demandred1957 said:

Only my opinion from watching Glock9's play of that, yeah gun heavy, and you get a lot of skills quick, but without that, you wouldn't stand a chance against the numbers of buffed zom's, so it kinda balances out?

My problem with guns is not the balancing but that players tend to drop all caution and play recklessly once they have a gun. This destroys a lot of the atmosphere of the game. Also, the amount of different firearm models available in Darkness Falls is more like in a shooter than a survival game.

If you want to play a survival game where you don't have the luxury of a firearm you should play Subnautica. When you are surrounded by huge creatures and only have a knife, it's a completely different feeling.

20 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

My problem with guns is not the balancing but that players tend to drop all caution and play recklessly once they have a gun. This destroys a lot of the atmosphere of the game. Also, the amount of different firearm models available in Darkness Falls is more like in a shooter than a survival game.

If you want to play a survival game where you don't have the luxury of a firearm you should play Subnautica. When you are surrounded by huge creatures and only have a knife, it's a completely different feeling.

I agree with u on the gun part regarding survival elements.  Although I enjoy the vanilla game very much, sometimes it would be nice to play a deeper survival focused game where scarcity is truly a thing.  Only then will a Romero/TWD type overhaul really shine imo.  On my list of things to make hopefully one day...😅

Archived