Yikes, screamers

Feycat

Is anyone else getting a TON of screamers since the last update? We're getting multiple screamers while we're clearing POIs, which has been a very rare occurance previous to this. We cleared the little 2-floor Pop N Pills with the trashed store and the hole in the ceiling and we got 4 of them! We haven't done a single quest without at least one since the update. I like screamers, but sheesh.

On that note, it appears that walls do help some with screamers.  We've been testing in in SP and dedicated server, if you encase the forges and or campfires / cement mixers in a walled area, with ceiling ofc, we've gotten less screamers, and wandering hordes.

Now, we are also building up and down too.  with one industrial area at roughly +30 from the ground and the other under a mountain, but so far it seems to be working.

It doesn't seem as predictable as it once was. Previous alphas having a forge and a campfire going while someone (usually my wife) is mining guaranteed a screamer. Now, on some days, I have had the forge, campfire and chemistry station going while she was mining with nothing. On other days, it takes a lot less than that and you get more than one.

Archived