Possible Ideas?

adrew1231

The devs need to implement a weapon system for the zeds...if zeds are carrying weapons....they need to adjust the damage ratio....also if the zeds are carrying weapons...there needs to be an increased chance for them to drop that weapon....that would be an interesting change to the game....just an idea.

But why would a zombie hang on to these things? Rigor mortis of the hands only?
Most people would throw a fit if they added that... they are almost ready to explode because of swimming zombies

What I think would be cool is if zombies spawned in with a small chance of spears, bladed weapons, or arrows stuck in them.

I personally don't have a problem with intelligent zombies, but the whole feel of the game would be different.
From what I've seen, at least in these forums, is that the majority seems to prefer the classic, animalistic, brain-dead style of zombie. I believe this to be because of how much the Walking Dead had influenced the game in its earlier days.
Intelligent zombies are not anything new though: https://zombie.fandom.com/wiki/Intelligent_Zombies

In a dynamic game like this where making resources available for gigantic hordes capable of overwhelming players by numbers is an impossibility with our current technology, I would have gone with intelligent zombies from the start. Creativity is unlimited going that route.

just introduce a new zombie, a sapper type zombie https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sapping

This zombie would do major damage to blocks (50% more than strongest basic unit), but would be weak in player damage, they would path like normal, so no extra behaviors, maybe they stay in destruction mode longer if it activates, giving them extra time to do the best they can

make them spawn as often as normal units, so we see them everywhere, not just a a horde night spawn or a high level spawn

making this kinda unit, you could reduce block damage among normal zombies by 25%, but by mixing in the sapper, the same damage to blocks would happen, and add another "priority" target to focus on

make him/her based on the construction worker, but instead of a yellow hat, it would be a foremans' hat (white/red) and they could carry either a pickaxe or hammer or even a sledgehammer (think demolition before construction etc) {this would essentially create a zombie pairing, and maybe even have him/her spawn "naturally" in the construction site POI at the loot location as a location specific spawn}

14 hours ago, adrew1231 said:

The devs need to implement a weapon system for the zeds...if zeds are carrying weapons....they need to adjust the damage ratio....also if the zeds are carrying weapons...there needs to be an increased chance for them to drop that weapon....that would be an interesting change to the game....just an idea.

Perhaps the old timer zombie could carry a lasso to catch players.

14 hours ago, AtomicUs5000 said:

Most people would throw a fit if they added that... they are almost ready to explode because of swimming zombies

Zombies bleed, but do they still need to breathe?  Clearly not since they used to walk under the lakes, the swimming is just to keep people from using large bodies of water as an escape from the 7 day horde, imo.  Sort of sad for me, because I used to use the lakes as a kill zone using the bow underwater to kill the Z's at the bottom, then diving down to collect my arrows.

I also used to make pillar bases in the water, I would love once the pimps get water fixed, to see some sort of rudimentary scuba gear, hell, even a leather air bladder.  Leather + Animal Fat + Duct Tape + Sewing Kit to let you breathe underwater longer.  A pipe dream, probably, I know, but still....

Archived