Make screamers great again!

Bashtiks

Screamers right now are starting to become more and more joke to the game .. seems they require more and more heat to sapwn in, and when they actually does show up .. well most of the time there are only some normal zeds .. best case scenario some few ferals and if you happen to get some radiated one its like wow .. 

What happened to actual screamer threat?? I can run 3 forges, chem station, 2 cement mixers and 10+ torches and sometimes dont even get a 1 screamer ... And in lvl50 .. day 80ish ..

I am playing only in MP with standart settings, sp is too booring for me ..

Make them a threat again to be recon with! Spawn in with less heat, bigger zombie count, more ferals, radiated ones, heck might even do that from day one ..

Yes yes new players will all get frustrated and it will be too hard on them, they wont be able to adapt and leave the game .. :)

Well i dont have a perfect solution, but it seems screamers kind of are forggoten ..

or .. make  "" special screamer heat block"" that can spawn in screamers non stop so we can have a chance fighting a zombie horde in middle of the day, test our bases or just have some fun

1 hour ago, Bashtiks said:

Yes yes new players will all get frustrated and it will be too hard on them, they wont be able to adapt and leave the game .. :)

Well i dont have a perfect solution

Make it dependend on the difficulty setting? If a new player decides to start on insane, it's his own fault.

3 hours ago, Bashtiks said:

Well i dont have a perfect solution, but it seems screamers kind of are forggoten ..

If you want to have screamers then use the auger to mine iron or lead. On average every 5 minutes drops one in my mine. Just annoying.

Let's face it. Screamers were since the beginning just a source for XP and Entertainment. You lit 20 fires and then let the screamers scream.

Agreed that screamers need to be buffed again. It used to be too easy to attract one with just a half-a-dozen torches. So they were popping up constantly and got annoying.

Also, as long as you are paying attention you hear her coming and can kill her before she does a horde spawn scream.

So what I think needs to happen is to turn up the heat generation of forges, chem stations and generators so that running one will summon a screamer within 30 min real time. And it needs to be a group of 3-4 screamers so that it is much harder to kill them all before they scream. Add a 15-30 second spawn cooldown so that if 2 or more scream back to back you don't get multiple hordes.

4 hours ago, Bashtiks said:

when they actually does show up .. well most of the time there are only some normal zeds .. best case scenario some few ferals and if you happen to get some radiated one its like wow

It is all based on game stage and, from what I can tell, has not changed with A19. First ferals should show up at GS64, first radiated at GS156. Somewhere around GS125-150 the screamer hordes look to be majority-feral-or-higher, but I didn't work through all the math. So if the screamer hordes are too weak for you, just wait... 🙂

What do you mean only in MP?

That can vary the game quite a bit as the max alive zeds on a busy server will severely limit the number that spawn around you.  It was not uncommon for my level 100 player to see less than 10 zeds during horde night on the server I used to play on.  Don't think I ever encountered a screamer there.  If the server has any sort of population there it may be drastically effecting how often you see screamers spawn.  

Well there is a quick way how to attract screamers ... u must rapidly click your auger 100 times (costs 100 fuel) and in about 30 seconds u can spawn a screamer, each click rises heat by 1, u need to reach heat over 80 or 70% if ima correct ..

It still works on server Ima playing even with 5 or more ppl on

Do I srsly need 10+ forges to be able to summon a screamer .. ? well thats a bit silly if in the mean time by clicking auger I can get them to spawn almost instantly ..

Once they spawn and IF, IF you DONT KILL them, they can summon quite a bunch of zeds

The fact is, screamers now can be threat only if you ''force spawn them'' and when they show up u must ignore them and kill only normal zeds so they actually can summon some more of them ..

14 minutes ago, Bashtiks said:

Do I srsly need 10+ forges to be able to summon a screamer .. ?

No. Even one forge can be enough but it has to burn over a longer period of time. The heat in an area increases until it reaches 100% and then there is a chance that a screamer will be spawned.

The reason why the auger spawns them so quickly is that every click increases the heat in the area by a fixed amount while the heat generated by the forge increases the heat over time. There are also other sources that increase the heat very quickly such as gunshots. If you fight zombies with a tactical assault rifle in a POI, it is possible that a screamer spawns outside.

22 minutes ago, Bashtiks said:

Once they spawn and IF, IF you DONT KILL them, they can summon quite a bunch of zeds

And they can spawn other screamers. It happened to me in Alpha 17 that I came out of my iron mine and didn't find a screamer immediately and it spawned two more screamers. I ended up dealing with about 30 zombies until I finally killed all the screamers and all the zombies.

That was extremely annoying, because the only thing I really wanted to do was to start my production to finally finish my new horde base.

26 minutes ago, Bashtiks said:

The fact is, screamers now can be threat only if you ''force spawn them'' and when they show up u must ignore them and kill only normal zeds so they actually can summon some more of them ..

Based on your gamestage spawn normal zombies, feral zombie or even radioactive zombies. The higher your gamestage is the higher is the probability that more screamers will spawn.

Archived