Using torch + one handed weapon

relindwto6

Something i've wished for since i started playing this game was the ability to hold a torch in one hand and use a one-handed weapon in the other. the other hand is just hanging there doing nothing anyway. this would make venturing into POI's at night actually doable before you get a helmet light.

i don't know how other people play, but my zombie run settings are:

day: walk night: jog feral: run bloodmoon: sprint

this is so i don't have to sit in my camp and stare at the wall at night because it's far too dangerous to go out. so i'm always out at night and being able to hold a torch in my left hand and do other things with my right would be very helpful in the early ga https://omegle.onl/ vshare

Yeah, I've thought for awhile that it'd be nice to carry a torch in the left hand with a one handed weapon in the other. I think the animation might be a pain to make look right though. I would imagine it'd be difficult to reload a weapon with a torch in the off hand.

Would be nice, allow a usable lightsource early and promote knifes and such.

But I wonder how the UI would be structured.

The must be some kind of slot to put the light-source then. (candle, torch, flashlight)

...Or alternatively activate the last used lightsource that is present in the toolbar.

47 minutes ago, Damocles said:

The must be some kind of slot to put the light-source then. (candle, torch, flashlight)

I could imagine the last slot in the toolbelt being always used for the offhand. Means you can still quickly change the item for the right hand, but not for the offhand.

The item in the last slot only is held in the offhand if it is a single hand item otherwise the offhand just ignores it.

Depending on how you define single hand items... if it really are single hand items, or maybe just utility items... this would also allow for e.g. dual pistol (either shooting both by left click or alternately but faster as onehanded and with effectively double the magazin size).

Offhand use for utilities might even be a perk. Dual weapons (dual pistols, dual knife) maybe even a further perk.

Definitely a modlet thing in my opinion. I don't want it "easier". I like the forced decision to use my torch and then have to swap to a weapon early game. It forces the desire for a headlamp or the burning shaft mod. I personally wouldn't use this mod as it would take the game in the wrong direction for our server.

Archived