How do i disable "stone age" mechanic?

As most of you know, in A19 devs introduced a so called "stone age" mechanic, which works as follows:

Until certain in-game day, you can't find hige-grade loot (AK, snipers, pump shotguns, chainsaws, augers), no matter what - no random loot, no rewards, no nothing.

Did anyone find how to disable this yet?

1 hour ago, Gazz said:

On the console enter

giveselfxp 2000000

That should get you into the range of loot that you list.

Is that a trolling or did you misunderstand the question?

I don't want to give myself million exp or other band-aid in any of such manner. I want to properly remove this mechanic from game by editing XML.

it shouldnt be too hard to figure out in wich xml you need to adjust some settings.

In the loot XML file you will find these commands: 

loot_prob_template="ProbT0"

loot_prob_template="ProbT1"

loot_prob_template="ProbT2"

loot_prob_template="ProbT3"

they seem to be responsible for assigning the Item "Tier" and your gamestage defines what "Tier" you are allowed to get so changing everything to T0 will propably unlevel the entire loot but i guess that will be extremely unbalanced and make certain items like the doublebarrel shotgun or the iron pickaxe obsolete

it could also mean that you will be able to obtain better loot from traders as a quest reward then you should but in previous alphas that was handled with its own loot group but it would be odd if they wouldnt have merged everything now that they have this "Tiered loot system"

4 hours ago, SonicSonedit said:

As most of you know, in A19 devs introduced a so called "stone age" mechanic, which works as follows:

Until certain in-game day, you can't find hige-grade loot (AK, snipers, pump shotguns, chainsaws, augers), no matter what - no random loot, no rewards, no nothing.

Did anyone find how to disable this yet?

Think most people like this feature, with maybe bit more balancing.

I went into loot.xml to up egg percentage drop a little and saw some lines for stone age progression there. If thats only thing you need to change/delete, no idea.

15 hours ago, DerRadikaleRichard said:

it shouldnt be too hard to figure out in wich xml you need to adjust some settings.

In the loot XML file you will find these commands: 

loot_prob_template="ProbT0"

loot_prob_template="ProbT1"

loot_prob_template="ProbT2"

loot_prob_template="ProbT3"

they seem to be responsible for assigning the Item "Tier" and your gamestage defines what "Tier" you are allowed to get so changing everything to T0 will propably unlevel the entire loot but i guess that will be extremely unbalanced and make certain items like the doublebarrel shotgun or the iron pickaxe obsolete

it could also mean that you will be able to obtain better loot from traders as a quest reward then you should but in previous alphas that was handled with its own loot group but it would be odd if they wouldnt have merged everything now that they have this "Tiered loot system"

So I guess I should merge all loot templates like ProbT0, ProbT1, ProbT2, ProbT3 into one singular loot template to make the game the way it used to be?

And also replace all occurances of said teamplate with the new one?

16 hours ago, Gazz said:

This is the quickest way to achieve the desired result and you did not post this in the modding forums so there was no way to guess that.

This looked more like thread derail attempt than the actual answer.

• 2 months later...
On 7/10/2020 at 3:25 AM, leaderdog said:

I just noticed this after I posted my own request asking for removal of tier 0 items.  Did you have any luck figuring this out? 

I do not know if this question is still relevant, but I will comment
I have 2 versions of the mod for loot close to 18A.
Common - a fixed chance from 1 to 999999 level for each category (works well at 75-80%) and a more difficult version in which the loot depends on the level (like FAWK Loot All).

Archived