Quests

Bear7DTD

Hello to all! Sorry for my english.Traders give quests to most same locations near them. The world in game is big and by quest you cannot explore every locations and explore all the world. Completing quests(especially with perks) very usefull and profitable sometimes more then cleaning buildings. If the developers could make an option to ask the trader for quest in far locations and for troubles make little bonus for distance.

2 hours ago, Bear7DTD said:

Hello to all! Sorry for my english.Traders give quests to most same locations near them. The world in game is big and by quest you cannot explore every locations and explore all the world. Completing quests(especially with perks) very usefull and profitable sometimes more then cleaning buildings. If the developers could make an option to ask the trader for quest in far locations and for troubles make little bonus for distance.

thats a good idea!

3 hours ago, hiemfire said:

Most of the ones that I have been offered, all tiers, are several km away from the trader giving the quest.

I suppose it depends on how close the trader is to quest-able POIs. I made an 18.4 map with Nitrogen, and had one trader right outside a city so tier 5 quests could be 500 m away. Also had a trader spawn in the middle of nowhere, so nearest POIs were at least 1.5 km away for anything other than buried treasure quests.

On 6/21/2020 at 9:02 PM, hiemfire said:

Wow you've got "good" rng if your quests from the traders are all close to them. Most of the ones that I have been offered, all tiers, are several km away from the trader giving the quest.

Yes, at my map there are 5 traders and they could send 2km+ away for a quest. Completing all quests, the world was half explored.

On 6/21/2020 at 11:17 PM, Lemmers said:

I suppose it depends on how close the trader is to quest-able POIs. I made an 18.4 map with Nitrogen, and had one trader right outside a city so tier 5 quests could be 500 m away. Also had a trader spawn in the middle of nowhere, so nearest POIs were at least 1.5 km away for anything other than buried treasure quests.

Exactly this. Not all POIs are questable and even less POIs are possible for higher tier quests.

So basically each trader will have all fetch/clear quests always in nearly the same distance. If the there is no city near the trader, all Quests will be far away. If there is only one city near a trader, all quests will be near. If two cities are in range, you will always get quests in either the one (maybe close) city, or the other (maybe far away).

It also happened, that only one single T5-questable POI is in range of one trader, so you will always get a T5 quest in the same POI over and over again.

BTW: doing quests is always better than just looting a poi, because with a quest you can loot the POI AND get the quest reward. Additionally the POI is reset on each new quest, so garuanted all lootcontainers and even all scrapable sources like heaters, cars, a/cs, lights, ... are respawned (which is way overpowered anyway).

Archived