Things to add and modify to make game even better

davdes

Here is a short list of suggestions for things to be added and modified in the game to make it even better:

- More tool belt slots for the bottom screen action bar. One or two more slots would more convenient for the general purpose of having so many tools and weapons necessary to be used.

- Another tier for zombies. After feral zombies and green zombies, there comes a time in the game where it seems to become too easy when fighting after a certain player level. There should be another tier after green zombies that you could meet after having reach a certain level threshold. The game should keep increasing in difficulty as the game progresses and not stagnate, which otherwise makes it tend towards boredom. ''Red zombies harder than green ones for instance!''

- Prevent the use of vehicules during blood moons (except maybe the motorless bicycle). For some blood moons where you are not properly prepared or simply don't feel like doing it, players should be forced to face it and survive while fighting instead of simply driving the whole night in motor vehicules, thus avoiding everything and not fighting any zombie at all, which kills the purpose of blood moon and a big part of the game itself.  ''A strange mist appears during every blood moon, rendering the vehicule motors unable to run on fuel.''

There are mods for the bigger toolbelt, even if it never gets added to the actual game. I wouldn't mind 1 more slot on it vanilla myself though.

I think the idea of another tier might be good, just dunno anything about game development to know if it's possible, but can suggest looking again into mods, as I've played a couple that ramp that up and actually have difficult mob bosses.

As for the vehicle thing, probably a waste of time. 1. low level people have no access usually to making or getting them unless given them in MP, and 2. anyone can nerd pole to the top of some of the older POI's that are tall ( like the ostrich hotel ) and just wait it out.

22 hours ago, davdes said:

- Another tier for zombies. After feral zombies and green zombies, there comes a time in the game where it seems to become too easy when fighting after a certain player level. There should be another tier after green zombies that you could meet after having reach a certain level threshold. The game should keep increasing in difficulty as the game progresses and not stagnate, which otherwise makes it tend towards boredom. ''Red zombies harder than green ones for instance!''

Madmole said that Radioactive zombies will get canned. but once they do i think that Feral zombies should take there place, (healing, Red eyes, Better jump and leap, Super aggressive, runs! more HP ETC)  

On 5/10/2020 at 2:16 PM, redneckraccoon said:

They play to remove the radioactive zombies? Well, that sucks... that was a nice visual for knowing they were a higher tier. I like the idea of higher tier mobs as I get tougher. Hope they have something to put in place of them then. 

Well then simply put darker radioactive zombies but a tier above.

I still enjoy the biomes, as it gives a bit of variety to the landscape, and I like starting and building in a different biome depending on my mood. I actually rarely bother building in the forest biome anymore. I'm pretty sure if everything was one biome, it would really make the game world bland

On 5/17/2020 at 10:30 AM, Chicopitbull81 said:

I wish they would do away with the biomes and just have weather changes because everyone makes there based on the forest because it's the easiest to survive in if  they make the weather change then we will have to adjust to the for the weather to survive 

You can adjust the weather via the XML's. It used to be tougher during weather in previous alphas. Not sure if they just temporarily nerfed weather effects to focus on other aspects or what their reason was/is, but you can adjust the misery of any biome relatively easily. We've been "weather balancing" in biomes on our server for a few weeks now. We adjust the temp/weather/particle effects and then see if it is harsh enough. Personally, I like having several biomes that are "safe" from weather. Example - The snow/desert biomes have cranked up weather harshness, but are relatively light zombie-wise and don't have as many common resources. However, with the forest biome, we have cranked up the rain just a bit, but much more zombies wander through the woods. The burnt biomes during the day are fine to travel through, but at night....I don't recommend it. We have slightly cranked up the temps, but not enough to cause annoyance because we want clients to be more concerned with the zombies in that biome. The wasteland is endless zombies, day or night but the weather has basically no effect there. Pick your poison - Do you want to build in a quiet area where weather is your fight or in a more zombie infected region where it doesn't matter what you wear, but you have to pick up a weapon often to deal with the onslaught. 

I like the idea of further tiers of zombies. Perhaps some kind of bloodsoaked, or blood thirsty/blood gorged zombies? I don't like the idea of having blue/green/yellow/red glowing zombies, that would get a bit much, but blood soaked zombies kind of makes sense and sounds like a cool idea off of the top of my head.

As for vehicles on blood moon, not that it is something I do, I think it's fine that people chose to do so -- although I have read that they are making it harder to do in A19, so time will tell

7 hours ago, Worrun said:

I like the idea of further tiers of zombies. Perhaps some kind of bloodsoaked, or blood thirsty/blood gorged zombies? I don't like the idea of having blue/green/yellow/red glowing zombies, that would get a bit much, but blood soaked zombies kind of makes sense and sounds like a cool idea off of the top of my head.

As for vehicles on blood moon, not that it is something I do, I think it's fine that people chose to do so -- although I have read that they are making it harder to do in A19, so time will tell

There are a few modlets that have new/more zombies. We use a combo of 3. Snufkin's adds an extra level of tougher zombies. We decided to readjust the Gamestages, effetcs, and HP on some of them and add them to some of the standard groups and others (like the juggernaut) we have reserved for either the quest (already in the modlet) or a slight chance to show in the Wasteland as they are VERY tough. We also added the iceberg baby animals modlet to give more animal variety. 

I can't tell you how many times I have died on a Bloodmoon, respawn across the map and had to walk back to a bloodmoon base. I don't plan on walking back unless absolutely needed. It would cause a lot of frustration not being able to drive on Bloodmoon. Mind you, I'll just mod it back in if they do nerf that ability as I don't see the point. If somebody on my server wants to drive around all night vs. gain XP, I consider that a loss on their part. You can't gain skill points driving around.

1 hour ago, Ti2xGr said:

I can't tell you how many times I have died on a Bloodmoon, respawn across the map and had to walk back to a bloodmoon base. I don't plan on walking back unless absolutely needed. It would cause a lot of frustration not being able to drive on Bloodmoon. Mind you, I'll just mod it back in if they do nerf that ability as I don't see the point. If somebody on my server wants to drive around all night vs. gain XP, I consider that a loss on their part. You can't gain skill points driving around.

Agreed, it's their choice and their loss. Also, why not place your bed in a more safe place?

Driving will not be made impossible by TFP, but more dangerous. There should be no way to avoid bloodmoon without a cost or risk. Except for logging out on MP servers for bloodmoon which is something the developer of a game can't and should not prevent (because reality trumps virtual world)

Archived