UABE - Asset Bundle Extractor

DerPopo

Is there a way to view or extract files that are stored in a .assets.resS file? If I try to open the resS file itself I get an invalid file error, and while I can open and view the contents of the .assets file that's linked to it, when I extract them they just come out as .dat files referencing the .resS file.

Does it work with audio and/or meshes?

Can it be used to edit existing assets?

This is no .assets file editor, it's a tool that extracts .assets files from bundles (like BlockTextureAtlases) so you can edit it with UAE.

after reading this does not look promising ... im trying to add a custom wav file for a secret chest code i put in the block.xml file..

what can use/do to bring this into the game so when the secret chest is opened, the custom sound is played..

thanx for reading

me

The next update will have lots of additions, such as extracting MonoBehaviour types, compressing bundles, generating mip maps, multithreaded DXT compression, JSON dumps, massive performance improvements for big files, compressed mesh support, support for more than 2048 files and bug fixes.

I'm currently reworking the file methods and the plugin system and am planning to add batch import, progress indicators as well as some command line improvements.

I'm looking forward to it! Especially the mipmaps.

Any idea when you might be able to release it?

Is there a way to view or extract files that are stored in a .assets.resS file? If I try to open the resS file itself I get an invalid file error, and while I can open and view the contents of the .assets file that's linked to it, when I extract them they just come out as .dat files referencing the .resS file.

Only plugins (Texture2D and AudioClip) use the .resS/.resource files. Raw or dump export won't export the resource data since that's not included in the selected assets.

If it doesn't show any plugins when Texture2D or AudioClip assets are selected, you probably are starting the 2.1d bugfix files without having copied the 2.1 files.

after reading this does not look promising ... im trying to add a custom wav file for a secret chest code i put in the block.xml file..

what can use/do to bring this into the game so when the secret chest is opened, the custom sound is played..

thanx for reading

me

The info you've quoted is outdated. UABE does support editing .assets files.

Adding custom sounds is complicated but possible :

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?32600-Overriding-vanilla-files-(assets-)&p=314195&viewfull=1#post314195

You'll also need to add an entry to the ResourceManager (globalgamemanagers) or AssetBundle file table including the AudioClip asset path for the .xml. You can do that by exporting it as a dump, modifying it to add the new entry and reimporting it.

Hey Depopo, got a question.

Is it possible to extract an .obj (mesh) file out, edit it in Unity and then import it back in the game with UABE?

It depends on the mesh. If the mesh has a skeleton, the skeleton data will be lost when exporting to .obj.

You'll need to add the modified mesh to the scene (drag&drop) and build the project. The project's .assets file(s) will contain the Mesh asset which you can export to a raw file and import back to the original .assets file.

I do want to add .fbx support at some point but I haven't had the time to study the FBX SDK.

I'm looking forward to it! Especially the mipmaps.

Any idea when you might be able to release it?

I can't tell when it'll be finished. I'm actively working on it but there's still a lot to be done.

The info you've quoted is outdated. UABE does support editing .assets files.

Adding custom sounds is complicated but possible :

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...l=1#post314195

You'll also need to add an entry to the ResourceManager (globalgamemanagers) or AssetBundle file table including the AudioClip asset path for the .xml. You can do that by exporting it as a dump, modifying it to add the new entry and reimporting it.

thanx

me

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there!

First I would like to thank "DerPopo" (^^) for this amazing tool! Very well done!

I happen to have an asset file here Ver 5.6.3p3 (Classtree 17 if that's needed) - is there any way to properly load it in the current version? It does load and when I manually select the last Version (5.6.3p3 is not included) I can see the whole list. Sadly the Plugins do not show up.

Is there a small fix or woraround for this?

Thanks a lot and keep up the good work!

Critney

It depends on the mesh. If the mesh has a skeleton, the skeleton data will be lost when exporting to .obj.

You'll need to add the modified mesh to the scene (drag&drop) and build the project. The project's .assets file(s) will contain the Mesh asset which you can export to a raw file and import back to the original .assets file.

I do want to add .fbx support at some point but I haven't had the time to study the FBX SDK.

I can't tell when it'll be finished. I'm actively working on it but there's still a lot to be done.

Hope you got freetime :D

The version 5.2.2f1 of the assets file cannot be read.

AssetsBundleFile->Read(AssetsReaderFromFile, (LPARAM)pFile, MyLogger, true) return false,

and I get "AssetsBundleFile.Read : Unknown file version!"

But, UABE is working.

UABE & API v2.0

Have you tried the 2.1d API?

Hello there!

First I would like to thank "DerPopo" (^^) for this amazing tool! Very well done!

I happen to have an asset file here Ver 5.6.3p3 (Classtree 17 if that's needed) - is there any way to properly load it in the current version? It does load and when I manually select the last Version (5.6.3p3 is not included) I can see the whole list. Sadly the Plugins do not show up.

Is there a small fix or woraround for this?

Thanks a lot and keep up the good work!

Critney

Did you copy the 2.1 files that aren't in the hotfix into the 2.1d folder? The plugins will always be listed once they're in the Plugins folder, it doesn't matter whether it can find class information.

Also make sure you are only selecting assets of one type, since it tries to find plugins supporting all selected assets.

Edit : You can use the type package updated for 5.6.0f3 from the main post, it'll be more compatible to 5.6.3p3 than the 5.5 one.

I haven't done that much work on UABE so far this month but I've at least finalized the new plugin system and fixed some major bugs so .assets files created by UABE will be better and bundle files with large lz4 blocks will be read properly. Batch import for assets and progress indicators are the next big things to do.

Edited by DerPopo (see edit history)

I'd like to thank you for helping me a quite while back, DerPopo.

I've seem to hit an issue with extracting assets for one of the games that I play with the error stating "Unknown Texture2D asset format!" If I'm looking at this correctly, it looks like they went from 5.5.sf1 to 2017.1.1p2

Is there a way to extract this? I can provide a sample file if needed.

Yes, I have.

It does not work too.

The error you're getting shouldn't happen with any supported bundle file, especially if UABE can open it.

Is the file we're talking about a bundle file (AssetsBundleFileFormat) or a .assets, mainData, globalgamemangers or levelX file (AssetsFile)? If the header starts with a string (UnityRaw, UnityWeb, UnityFS, UnityArchive), it's a bundle file.

Also, make sure you are using Visual C++ 2010 in Release mode since different standard libraries aren't compatible to each other.

I'd like to thank you for helping me a quite while back, DerPopo.

I've seem to hit an issue with extracting assets for one of the games that I play with the error stating "Unknown Texture2D asset format!" If I'm looking at this correctly, it looks like they went from 5.5.sf1 to 2017.1.1p2

Is there a way to extract this? I can provide a sample file if needed.

The texture format has changed slightly in 2017.1. The next UABE version will support it but I can't tell when it will be ready.

The error you're getting shouldn't happen with any supported bundle file, especially if UABE can open it.

Is the file we're talking about a bundle file (AssetsBundleFileFormat) or a .assets, mainData, globalgamemangers or levelX file (AssetsFile)? If the header starts with a string (UnityRaw, UnityWeb, UnityFS, UnityArchive), it's a bundle file.

Also, make sure you are using Visual C++ 2010 in Release mode since different standard libraries aren't compatible to each other.

The header is strange. Please have a look at the picture.

1.jpg.63462cdebd3a661ef1fce669c21bd57f.jpg

Why does UABE work?

Can I put the download url of the file here?

Thank you for you answer.

1.jpg.492dddff4ab6d581523d680d139c2658.jpg

I have an issue with assets where any attempt to use the Export Sound plugin returns the following error:

Unable to open the streamed data file!

Exporting texture files works fine, and I can view and export data for most files in the game. It's just the AudioClips that seem to give me issues thus far. Anything that can fix this?

Let me know if there's any other information you might need, or if you need a *.asset or *.resource file.

Edited by XYZ (see edit history)

The header is strange. Please have a look at the picture.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22809[/ATTACH]

Why does UABE work?

Can I put the download url of the file here?

Thank you for you answer.

You'll have to use AssetsFile to read this, constructed with the file reader. Then, you can construct an AssetsFileTable to get a list of assets.

I have an issue with assets where any attempt to use the Export Sound plugin returns the following error:

Unable to open the streamed data file!

Exporting texture files works fine, and I can view and export data for most files in the game. It's just the AudioClips that seem to give me issues thus far. Anything that can fix this?

Let me know if there's any other information you might need, or if you need a *.asset or *.resource file.

Could you give me the values of m_Source, m_Offset and m_Size of the AudioClip? Alternatively, you can also export a dump and upload it here or to pastebin (PM me with a link in that case).