Slow Down Detached Camera Flying Speed?

DezDuzGaming

I'm working on a new YouTube project within 7 Days, but it will rely heavily on detached cameras. The problem is, when I go into detached camera mode (P, [ ) the slightest touch of the keyboard moves the "camera" very quickly. Is there any way to slow it down to get more precise control over it?

try this while dm is on:

Numpad.Multiply * stop/start enemy AI movements

Numpad.Plus Increase game speed

Numpad.Minus Decrease game speed

good luck :)

QA Tester-unholyjoe

I appreciate the response, but that's not exactly what I'm after. I'm looking to keep the world and all enemies in the world moving at regular speed. Turning up/down the game speed as you mentioned slows everything in the world down as well.

If you don't need to see your own character, try the spectator mode (type sm in the console).

No, I don't want to see my character, but is there a trick to flying slowing in SM mode versus detaching the camera? I don't see the benefit. My goal is to slow down the flight speed of a freecam.

No, I don't want to see my character, but is there a trick to flying slowing in SM mode versus detaching the camera? I don't see the benefit. My goal is to slow down the flight speed of a freecam.

Detached camera is just faster. As far as I remember:

Detached camera > Running in SM mode > Walking in SM mode.

So if you walk in SM mode you should be slower.

Detached camera is just faster. As far as I remember:

Detached camera > Running in SM mode > Walking in SM mode.

So if you walk in SM mode you should be slower.

That makes sense, but what about flying? Some of the things I'll need to do will involve overhead/air shots. Is there a way to specifically slow down the flight speed in detached camera mode to allow those shots to be slower/cleaner?

Since unholyjoe does not know, it is probably not possible at least not without DLL modding. You could try to use Cheat engine to slow down the camera (and the whole game) and use the numpad commands to increase the game speed which should compensate cheat engine's speed hack. AFAIK the cam is not affected by the numpad stuff, so that way the camera would be slower without affecting the game speed (theoretically).

Edit:

I've found a way editing the Assembly-CSharp.dll (backup highly recommended). If you edit the line "public float GodModeSpeedModifier = 1f;" in EntityPlayerLocal, you can change the free cam walking speed. God mode has to be enabled.

Try the Assembly-CSharp.dll files linked below. I made two version - one setting the speed to 0.2 and another one setting the cam speed to 0.3. The vanilla value was 1.0. Replace the original one in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed

This mod is not EAC compatible btw.:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qugjao...edMod.zip/file

I just tried to do this and it worked fine in god mode. Using the speed up/slow down keys I could get a very slow tracking shot. You would need a second party to do that, but it does work.

I assume you used the numpad keys + and - right? Those slow time overall including movement of entities in-game. I don't want that. I want the world to continue at regular speed, but have the detached camera not rocket across the map with a single keypress.

I used the "Increase God Speed" and "Decrease God Speed" keys. And you're right, it slows the entire world down. I didn't notice that when I tested so, sorry 'bout that. :)

I too would like to know how to do this.

All good. :) I appreciate you trying to help all the same. Like you said in one of your previous posts, Neebs does this very thing, but I just have no idea how they do it. I've actually tried reaching out to them, but so far no luck. If I ever figure out the solution, I'll bring it back to this thread to help others that may be looking.

Hm, Now that's odd.. Shift+Minus or Shift+Plus should slow or speed up the flight speed... + or - alone should be world speed.. But in A18.4 the shift+Minus and Shift+Plus don't seem to bbe working.. I know i've used it to speed up and slow down my speed in the past; And definitely have done so in A18.x; I'll do some checking to see if i can figure it out.

Edit: Well; I tested it on A18.4, A18.3, and A18.2, and couldn't get it to work.. I don't have access to my dedicated multiplayer server though, which is where I typically played and used the command at. Will report back if/when i can get it working.. I know i've done it before, and I'd swear it was via Shift++ and Shift+-; either numpad or non numpad versions of +/-

Hm, Now that's odd.. Shift+Minus or Shift+Plus should slow or speed up the flight speed... + or - alone should be world speed.. But in A18.4 the shift+Minus and Shift+Plus don't seem to bbe working.. I know i've used it to speed up and slow down my speed in the past; And definitely have done so in A18.x; I'll do some checking to see if i can figure it out.

Edit: Well; I tested it on A18.4, A18.3, and A18.2, and couldn't get it to work.. I don't have access to my dedicated multiplayer server though, which is where I typically played and used the command at. Will report back if/when i can get it working.. I know i've done it before, and I'd swear it was via Shift++ and Shift+-; either numpad or non numpad versions of +/-

Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to try to help me out. I've also tried just about every variation of those keys I can think of as well with no success. I'll be watching to see if you are able to come up with anything. Thanks again!

I just wanted to report back in to say that I've figured this out finally. Everyone I've spoken to has said that the keys were shift + and shift - to speed up or slow down the camera. However, I'm kicking myself for not checking this sooner, but I went looking through the control settings, and sure enough my "God Speed" keys were changed at some point to PageUp and PageDown. I'm now able to go into detached camera mode and glide along super slow and smooth, getting the type of cinematic shots I was looking to get.

Archived