would Want Scrap tier to come back?

Adam the Waster

would Want Scrap tier to come back?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. would Want Scrap tier to come back?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know

Would you want it to come back in the upgrading blocks system? i would say yes due to this, "in a Post apocalyptic wasteland where Scrap metal is laying around on Buildings, cars , the ground etc. it would make sense To me to make a Base out of scrap. Yes you can use the forge to make it but most people would "set it aside" over Brick and Cement

personally if i made the Upgrade tier or i made a Mod i would make it like this. Wood < Reinforced Wood < Flagstone < Brick < Reinforced Brick < Scrap < Reinforced Scrap < Metal Riveted < Cement < Reinforced Cement < Steel (or maybe another Upgrade of stainless steel but Idk)

What do you think?

BTW the vote is not on my Opinion of how the building system tiers should be. its just "would you want scarp to come back in the upgrading tier"

Not really, to be honest. I do wish the devs added a bit more progression towards steel rather than just cobblestone and concrete, but scrap blocks were oh so incredibly expensive and oh so darn useless when they were in the game, I don't really wish for them to come back.

Not really, to be honest. I do wish the devs added a bit more progression towards steel rather than just cobblestone and concrete, but scrap blocks were oh so incredibly expensive and oh so darn useless when they were in the game, I don't really wish for them to come back.

i kinda feel the same about the rock to concrete and then steel, and i do feel you about the Scarp being a bit pricey, to me first tier should be cheaper (like 15 scrap) then reinforced would take like 35 , or something i came up with when just doing some yard work..

Say you start with Wood, and wood has 200 Hp, and normally when you Upgrade it to Reinforced wood that has 200 still. But the way i would change it is that it adds up the HP so it would make all those resources you put into it worth it. However around the time you hit 1000 Hp then it will be cut by Half. like this

FPU will stand for (From Perverse Upgrade)

Wood (200hp) + Reinforced wood(200) = 400, rock(400) + makeshift brick (750) + iron Reinforced Brick (1000)= 2150 (FPU 400 = 2550) ETC

but thats My opinion

I like scrap metal because it looks cool. I love when several blocks adapt their texture into a big, continuous sheet of random welded bits.

Metal's big problem is twofold: It's material is shared with other world blocks. Make it too strong and you wont be bashing in that industrial door anytime soon (Of course true wastelanders dig the bricks next to it but I digress)

The other issue is concrete has a stupid high durability (5000) and fairly low material cost (OMG rocks, so rare). Anything that isn't RConcrete is just decoration.

Oh, and that lack of a proper variant block helper for concrete.... I'm gonna calm down. A19 ain't far away,

Archived