[Bug] You can cure disease / broken leg / .... by reloading game?

The Loooser

When I get a broken leg or have dysentry or what else I can just exit the game and enter it again to cure it.

Isnt that cheating? I mean an answer could be *then simply dont do it*. But then why is it even possible? I mean it was not possible in A16 and A13. Also what if I want to stop playing the game, then I am forced to *cheat* by exiting.

Isnt that cheating? I mean an answer could be *then simply dont do it*. But then why is it even possible?

yeah.. try explaining your way out of that one with your spouse. "baby, i know i shouldnt, but it was possible so i did! its not my fault!"

It is definitely a bug and one that can be fixed without rewriting tons of stuff because other debuffs already stay active when you have to make a break in playing the game. So long term the only right answer is-> make a bug report -> it will get fixed.

Actually I also said dysentry because it was also cured, but likely a bit other way:

Broken leg:

Instant heal when entering game

Dysentry:

At first you see your Dysentry at a duration of 00:02 (regardless of what it was before) and then it goes to 00:01 and then it vanishes. So its basically nearly also instantly cured.

At least for me - strange that you could not cure it that way.

Now why is this not known so far? This is like 1 year after release someone reveals that you can heal to full health when punching zombies with the fists Oô Its not something that would have been hidden anywhere.

Now why is this not known so far?
- It may well have broken in the latest patch, with 18.4 going stable.

- It's also a use case that would require intentional testing, the QA-team has been pretty on point lately, but that kind of thing can easily just slip through.

- And even when caught, won't exactly get a high priority to fix; it's a debuff that bugs out a little.

It has always seemed to me, though I've never really tested it, that internal counters advances by a small amount every time you exit/enter. It seems that way because I swear my crops grow faster than usual if I exit the game after harvesting (often the last thing I do before quitting is harvest my farm). The day/time shown in the game doesn't change, but it sure seems like things on a counter have advanced.

Actually I also said dysentry because it was also cured, but likely a bit other way:

Broken leg:

Instant heal when entering game

Dysentry:

At first you see your Dysentry at a duration of 00:02 (regardless of what it was before) and then it goes to 00:01 and then it vanishes. So its basically nearly also instantly cured.

At least for me - strange that you could not cure it that way.

Now why is this not known so far? This is like 1 year after release someone reveals that you can heal to full health when punching zombies with the fists Oô Its not something that would have been hidden anywhere.

It is quite possibly that you experience a bug that I can't reproduce.

I tried again just now, started a new world, spawned myself some murky water and drank until I got dysentery. Logged out when my dysentery value was at 29.5%, completely restarted the game and the value I saw was exactly the same 29.5%.

Go figure.

Archived