A special loot drop dumpster around tier 4 and 5 buildings

It feels pointless when i find a weapon crafting schematic that i am not perked into. Why do i need to craft level 1 spears when i am a shotgun build? why craft junk turrets when i use the machine gun?

Is there a benefit to crafting these level 1 items? I am not seeing it if there is.

So perhaps instead of just adding the recipe it improves the quality of item crafted as well? It seems kinda wasteful to have these extra schematics in the game that don't really seem to have a useful purpose.

Now the special weapon schematics, those make sense. If i can't make a pump shotgun, or a m60 then that makes finding those schematics worth while.

You can read the schematic just for the xp or sell them to the trader. We make sure no one in the group needs that recipe, we like to learn all the recipes that we can, and if no one does, we just read it for xp. The xp is worth more to us than the dukes are.

We had a surplus of parts so I tested out crafting a few level 1 weapons to see if they would be worth selling or not. I found out that you get more dukes out of selling the ingredients needed to make the weapon than you do for the completed weapon. So there really isn't a reason to craft Q1 weapons.

Would improving the quality make it a Q2 weapon instead of a Q1? Doesn't seem like much of an improvement really. Or did I misunderstand and you have something different in mind?

Q2 is still worth more as parts, but at Q3 and on its better to make and toss extra useless mods in the weapon and sell it

if you get Q5/6 weapons you don't use and add mods they add like 400-600 dukes PER mod slot filled...so using cheap mods that use mostly iron and elec/mech parts are good for extra cash

It feels pointless when i find a weapon crafting schematic that i am not perked into. Why do i need to craft level 1 spears when i am a shotgun build? why craft junk turrets when i use the machine gun?

Is there a benefit to crafting these level 1 items? I am not seeing it if there is.

So perhaps instead of just adding the recipe it improves the quality of item crafted as well? It seems kinda wasteful to have these extra schematics in the game that don't really seem to have a useful purpose.

Now the special weapon schematics, those make sense. If i can't make a pump shotgun, or a m60 then that makes finding those schematics worth while.

Just sell them then, free dukes, or read them for free xp.

It's not going to raise your crafting skill. They have a useful purpose, your just not choosing to use them.

Archived