Poll...A18 Steam Review Pos/Neg?

hotpoon

Poll...A18 Steam Review Pos/Neg?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Poll...A18 Steam Review Pos/Neg?

• Positive
    • Negative

So, I'm a firm believer of responsible detailed reviewing, and updating your review to reflect the current state of the game. I originally posted a fan-girlesque review back in 2016. I then updated it to a thumbs down with various reasons in A17.

I'm now happy to say I've gone back to a thumbs up for A18 (though detailing what I think is still wrong with the game).

Here's my review:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/lady-siren/recommended/251570/

I would love to read yours.

I dont think many players who would give it a negative score would be here.

People who really don't enjoy the game are probably not inclined to go to the effort of giving it a review, and even less inclined to join the forum, so to a point, I agree.

During A17 though, there were a number of threads about steam reviews, and a couple of forum users admitted to giving a thumbs down. I'm curious to see what the general sentiment is now. People in general are obviously happier, but are they happy enough (like me) to change their review to positive.

Just going to point out that this statistic will have little to do with the current trend of Steam reviews.

On the forum you have a high number of super fans. Even if they do not give it a thumbs up, any review with 500 hours played counts as positive when I look at it. =P

A tiny number are also married to some deprecated feature and can't get over it. That happens with any game. It's just how humans work.

So the poll result may well be interesting - just not for any practical purpose. =)

So the poll result may well be interesting - just not for any practical purpose. =)

I agree. I'm not trying to make a point of any kind. Just interested to see the general trend on the forum itself. Even those of us that are married to deprecated features can hopefully be emotionally intelligent enough to admit when the game is good enough to give it a thumbs up...even if it is not 100% how we would like it.

*coughs up another A17 is the worst thread*

Sorry... what did you say? I couldn't listening over AL MY ANGRY SCREAMING!!!

Has nothing to do. I thing a17 was terrible, I think the game is going the wrong direction changing crafter survival for looter shooter, I say many things I disagree about the game.... and I still think its the best survival game by far, and one of my top 10 games, having played possibly 300 games in my life.

Sometimes, the ones who complain the hardest about a specific thing, are the ones who like it the most, and thus the most worried about it.

Has nothing to do. I thing a17 was terrible, I think the game is going the wrong direction changing crafter survival for looter shooter, I say many things I disagree about the game.... and I still think its the best survival game by far, and one of my top 10 games, having played possibly 300 games in my life.

Sometimes, the ones who complain the hardest about a specific thing, are the ones who like it the most, and thus the most worried about it.

Exactly! my negative review reflects what the game is becoming compared to what it once was.

I cannot remotely consider A18 an improvement over A16.

The melee and hit detection is utterly terrible = you get hit 10 feet away.

In fact, to get extremely specific and completely prove how broken it is in A18, here it is: If a zed starts its swing animation while you're X-Amount of distance when he starts it, no matter if you completely vacate the area, you will get hit.

That utterly and completely proves my next statement: They screwed the melee from A16 in effort to make it harder for people who were too experienced anymore. So, once again, TFP alters the game based on what veterans who had exhausted the game and were saying.

Same reason LBD was removed: All the people who were cheesing the game by exploiting the skill system were listened to, and the entire skill system is now a mess.

The whole part about "If it starts its animation while you're close, youll still get hit" is utterly terrible video game collision detection programming.

STOP = Before you say that's intended, its not!! And if increasing the reach range of zombies is the only way IN 2 YEARS time they can make the melee more challenging, in no possible way can I consider A18 an improvement.

Exactly! my negative review reflects what the game is becoming compared to what it once was.

A17 and A18 make, to me, 7 Days a video gamey race to kill zombies for magical XP points.

The realism has fallen through the floor, for me. And it's because of the new XP system.

Steam reviews are an important aspect for any game. I have bought games because of negative reviews, and i have not bought games because of positive reviews. An honest review of a game will generate sales.

Now, what really sells a game is how much content it creates. I wanted to get gensis alpha one, but when it went epic exclusive i decided to wait. BOY am i glad i did. The 7 days content creators made two episodes for that game, then quit. It was an empty game.

Now emperyon, witch hunt, 7 days, underminer, kenshi are examples of games worth the buy. If someone can build a youtube channel off of content from ONE game, then odds are good that it will be worth your money.

Archived