Map Restrictions

Orca_Amity

I have some red laines on my map and when I go there I die. How do I unlock the rest of my map? When I zoom out and look to the north, there's a red line above halfway up the map close to the town. Behind that red line is more map but at the moment I'm restricted from there.

The only problem is the console section has nobody posting and replying.

Sad news for you...the console version sucks.

All the tips we've been giving you over the past week or so, we assumed you were playing A18 of the PC version. The problems that you are having make a lot more sense now because the console version is basically abandonware. TFP have more or less nothing to do with it.

The best advice: play on PC.

Sad news for you...the console version sucks.

All the tips we've been giving you over the past week or so, we assumed you were playing A18 of the PC version. The problems that you are having make a lot more sense now because the console version is basically abandonware. TFP have more or less nothing to do with it.

The best advice: play on PC.

I thank you all for the help anyway. I already decided to get this game on the PC. It's like when Minecraft came to the consoles it was behind compared to the PC version then. I can imagine if Rising World hits the consoles it will also be behind compared to the PC version. 7 Days To Die is what I prefer.

To answer your question that red line means you are at the end of the map, there's no going there. No idea why people just don't give a straight answer.

Thanks for letting me know. I also wondered why nobody told me earlier. Also I wonder why the end of the map is inside the map. The end of the map is supposed to be on the edge of the map, not inside it. From what I saw it looked as if it's a restricted area until I unlock it like in some other video games like RDR 2, when we enter Blackwater early in the game we get a ton of lawmen after us where Blackwater is marked as red in that part of the game. Thanks again for letting me know. Does the PC version let us past those red markers? I'm trying to find snow to get those snowballs so that I can make my murky water clean. It's stupid we need snowballs for that. I wonder why we can't pour the murky water into a cooking pot and boil it like that instead of needing snowballs. I'm amazed we don't need corn as part of crafting pieces of iron to make an iron pickaxe.

Thanks for letting me know. I also wondered why nobody told me earlier. Also I wonder why the end of the map is inside the map. The end of the map is supposed to be on the edge of the map, not inside it. From what I saw it looked as if it's a restricted area until I unlock it like in some other video games like RDR 2, when we enter Blackwater early in the game we get a ton of lawmen after us where Blackwater is marked as red in that part of the game. Thanks again for letting me know. Does the PC version let us past those red markers? I'm trying to find snow to get those snowballs so that I can make my murky water clean. It's stupid we need snowballs for that. I wonder why we can't pour the murky water into a cooking pot and boil it like that instead of needing snowballs. I'm amazed we don't need corn as part of crafting pieces of iron to make an iron pickaxe.

Like the third post?

On PC there are no red radiation borders anymore, the edges are now water. As for the water with snowballs, even on console you do not HAVE to make water from snow. It is ONE of the ways. Place jars on your toolbelt. Select them so they show in your hand, right click in a lake to fill them. Then at the campfire make sure the cooking pot is in the tool slot of the campfire. With the murky water jars in your inventory click on them while in the campfire menu and you can boil them to clean water. But yes, if you CAN get it on PC then do so, it is SO much better!

As stated before by others, Snowballs do not make murky water into clean water. In fact, you can make clean or murky water from snow if you choose to. Murky water is used in some recipes, like glue for example.

Snow is literally an alternative to make water, or filling up empty jars from an actual water source will get you murky water that you can boil in a campfire with a pot to make clean water.

Console section may be dead, but I'm sure I'm not the only one here either lol. Most gave up for zero reason aside being pissy that it's not the same on PC. Regardless, if you decide to continue on console, I'll attempt to answer questions you post as I see them. Just be sure to post them in the console section to avoid confusion.

Archived