A18 - Collecting water?

Maguvas

Hi guys,

I was just trying A18 b152 and just to change from Navezgane I've tried to generate a random world: I've received a bad error with a pop-up window which just almost crashed my Windows.

Ok no issue: I've tried with pregenworld01 and as usual in previous 7d2d alphas to gather water you may use empty cans and glass container but now even if the tutorial states something about secondary action I cannot do that anymore.

I've even tried to sink myself and when fully covered by water select the cans or glass container but nothing appears on screen and pressing mouse doesn't bring any luck.

Has something changed in water collection?

Thank you.

Kind regards.

Thanks to both of you.

So there IS something new also here. Ok I must admit I like it because it makes the game more difficult... anyway I've just tried and the glass jar - the one with metal plug - even is unable to gather water. If you're saying that with jars should be ok then maybe the pregen01 map is broken: I'll try in Navezgane then if there the jars works fine we'll be sure it is a bug of the pregen01.

Kind regards.

cans no longer collect water

Well thats just stupid. Its an open can.

Every time I hear/see these ommisions to the game it makes me not wanna play A18 ever.

All these things that they keep removing are essential to the way I play.

Well, I guess I'm gonna have to make a huge mod that puts back all the good stuff that makes sense and change all TFP nonsense.

Sorry FunPimps but the game becomes more and more lackluster with each release.

Well thats just stupid. Its an open can.

Every time I hear/see these ommisions to the game it makes me not wanna play A18 ever.

All these things that they keep removing are essential to the way I play.

Well, I guess I'm gonna have to make a huge mod that puts back all the good stuff that makes sense and change all TFP nonsense.

Sorry FunPimps but the game becomes more and more lackluster with each release.

whoa there! Did you miss above? you can cook water in jars without a pot now, it's just slower

Thanks to both of you.

So there IS something new also here. Ok I must admit I like it because it makes the game more difficult... anyway I've just tried and the glass jar - the one with metal plug - even is unable to gather water. If you're saying that with jars should be ok then maybe the pregen01 map is broken: I'll try in Navezgane then if there the jars works fine we'll be sure it is a bug of the pregen01.

Kind regards.

Put your stack of Jars on your hotbar. Select them so the empty jars appear in your hands on screen. RIGHT-click when looking at a water source. Not LEFT click, RIGHT click

Would be nice to be able to move water again to create cisterns at out bases. I know the devs once talked about eventually having plumbing or well pumps to provide water. I suppose it doesn't really matter since I can drink pee through my hat just fine ;)

-Morloc

Would be nice to be able to move water again to create cisterns at out bases. I know the devs once talked about eventually having plumbing or well pumps to provide water. I suppose it doesn't really matter since I can drink pee through my hat just fine ;)

-Morloc

i just want water to have a update.

and have it not Float in the air if you destroy a water tower lol

Ok I guess I've found the trick, but first of all thank you guys... oh and, of course, it's right click and not left :) left was ever to drink it.

So about cans nothing to do: they're useless for water collection.

About jars they've changed a thing anyway: no more writing on screen such as 'press e to collect water' or similar when pointing the jar to the water.

I guess the issue is also in texture rendering: it seems that my AMD card when the pond is small and not deep enough has some issue in rendering at the level that while you're walking in water the entire pond disappears and you loose yourself without knowing if you're in water or on ground. That's the reason for which, on yesterday I failed even with jars: I was trying while not in full water. Today, thanks to you all, I made it and now I can collect water... of course by playing with my AMD card in case of muting the audio it's almost impossible to know if we're walking in water or not: it's a new feature of A18 :):):)

Kind regards.

Archived