YooHoo, zombies oh, where are you?

Jeraal

I still feel like I must suck at this game. ;)

I have had plenty of deaths. (Not to boars, lately, at least...learned my lesson early on there.)

But I have died to pretty much everything. Including 100% infection (damn vultures). I've gotten sick with very little food; gotten dysentery (and by the way, yes there is goldenrod tea but that still only has 20% chance to cure so you have to go through a few sometimes); and died from zombies (granted, most of those were playstyle mistakes...but still).

I'm finding the zombie counts pretty decent. And also it does seem to ramp up to me. :: shrug :: I'm also a solo player, and I agree that I don't want to deal with a hundred zombies trying to clear a tower.

It *does* get easier as you get to the point where you stockpile some food, teas, antibiotics (DAMN RNG!!!), etc.

The other problem is the intelligence level of the zombies. If some (most) of the zombies were stupid, great. Let's toss a bunch of those in. But having to run around and melee a wandering horde of 12 zombies because I'm out of bullets isn't something I want to do all the time. Yes, it was fun trying to obliterate them and make it into my home to take shelter; but again, don't want that to be the thing I have to do every time I go somewhere.

I continued playing my game and I must say Im not having this feeling everybody is talking about.

The only thing Im not seeing are roaming hordes. I wouldnt mind to have them back. But the amount of zombies is totally ok in my game. I cant walk 300m without crossing about 5 zombies right on my path, every day a few zombies hit on my outer perimeter walls, and the POIs Ive done up to now (small or medium ones) had the right amount fo zombies.

Have.... Have you guys ever thought about changing the BM-timelenght and intervalls? You'll get a constant stream of Zeds. Call it "Every day to die".

That way the World is filled with friends that want to give you hugs constantly PLUS the ones in pois

I finally decided to compromise the skyscraper hotel i got in my small town for some fun and fast looting before the 2nd horde. You know, that one high building with a staircase in the middle and you start from the basement, while on top you got the toughest Zs and the prizes? The staircase accessible from the ground, but blocked with a locked door and some rubble behind it, while on each floor the staircase is barred with spikes and barbed wire, so you "must follow the route" all around each floor.

Always liked that Dungeon POI, maybe because walking through it was very fun.

To my surprise the amounts of Zs in that POI were not changed. Maybe i WAS pounding on every picture (breaking glass is loud) to invoke the sleepers from time to time, but i did get like 3 Zs from a bathroom, a group laying around in one of the flats. Lastly, my favorite was a walk through flat with a hole in the ceiling, which had 3 standing up above the hole and like 5 strewn all over the flat in various poses.

So yeah, not every POI has lowered zombie counts...

I was looking for this thread and I see that mod who likes to move discussion threads to the questions side of the forum that no one looks at has struck again. Whomever that is, I would like to humbly suggest that unless TFP are actually going to answer the question, then maybe the thread should stay in discussions where we were discussing it.

Yeah it was a discussion, trouble being its a question no one wants to answer!

Talk of adding in npcs and bandits is ludicrous when you can go a full day outside and see a half dozen zombies and if youre really lucky one of the two " hordes" of 3-5 zombies.

Try and deny or ignore it, but the numbers just arent enough for what the game advertises.

I was looking for this thread and I see that mod who likes to move discussion threads to the questions side of the forum that no one looks at has struck again. Whomever that is, I would like to humbly suggest that unless TFP are actually going to answer the question, then maybe the thread should stay in discussions where we were discussing it.

How about phrasing the title to be more of a discussion rather than a question? Problem solved.

Archived