Cry from the heart

belfis

@Roland

I am sorry. It looked like you were referring to me. Still thinking you shouldn't call your customers 'haters' (aside from other unnecessary things in your comment).

By “disadvantage” you mean simply that they can’t access the closed beta whereas others can?

That's what I wrote.

No need.

This was done a year ago, and look where we are. The player base has increased. Average number of people playing the game over similar consecutive periods has increased, or stayed the same. The event overall did not have a large enough negative impact, if any, to dissuade doing it again. The numbers show it was a great success.

Sorry but your first statement is just not true. Average number of people playing the game over similar consecutive periods has significantly decreased since A17 release even though the number of people owning the game has increased. Well at least it's significant in the first 6 Months. The surface area of the A16 curve is greater than that of the A17 area. That can be measured considering the sections above the blue box which have the same lengths. Just have a look at the surface area under the curves and at the thin red line:

ux2oZ2c.jpg

Edit:

Ok I admit that's probably unrelated to the streamer weekend.^^ Parts of the community just don't like some of the stuff introduced in A17.

now I've seen enough streamers and understand that all the interest and excitement for the new alpha is completely gone. Thank you very much developers. You fundamentally kill all the desire to play the game after the update, at least for me. Have a nice day and a good game.

Didn't you expect the A18 streams to contain spoilers?

Of course I expected, could not do anything with myself, my curiosity took up.

I just still can’t understand why this is necessary and why someone gets access earlier than others. There is talk about the media and the fact that they are the first to gain access to the content. But they get this content when others haven’t purchased it yet, in this case I’ve already purchased everything and I really don’t like that someone gets the content before. THIS IS UNFAIR

I watch streamers play, not myself. it's sad, I really hope that the developers will hear me. I'm not angry when there are bugs in the game, the more it's alpha. it burns when I watch others play and I can’t. and all because the developers decided to deliver content with priority to those who can promote them. Although everyone purchased the game under the same conditions.

Personally, I don't mind streamer exclusive/closed alpha/whatever. The only thing, that hurts me a bit, is that they get it over the weekend. Heck, I wouldn't mind a stream exclusive for 5 days from monday till friday, as long as the experimental branch would be released to public on weekend. Because now I won't see the A18 till friday... or I will have to skip few days at work ^.^ .

Any thoughts if that kind of change would be plausible for future alphas?

now I've seen enough streamers and understand that all the interest and excitement for the new alpha is completely gone. Thank you very much developers. You fundamentally kill all the desire to play the game after the update, at least for me. Have a nice day and a good game.

See you on Monday :smile-new:

@Roland

I am sorry.

Me too. And you’re right. “Haters” is name calling and I shouldn’t have done it. Many of the comments by those who don’t agree with the streamer event are blatantly prejudiced so “haters” slipped off my keyboard too easily but was still prejudicial on my own part.

Me too. And you’re right. “Haters” is name calling and I shouldn’t have done it. Many of the comments by those who don’t agree with the streamer event are blatantly prejudiced so “haters” slipped off my keyboard too easily but was still prejudicial on my own part.

I said some time ago for me I just don’t think it’s right but in return got a snide comment. Why not call us haters or prejudicial... it’s an Internet forum where options abound so what’s the difference? In my statement, I simply added an opinion. In Empyrion, experimental is open to the players each and every time. Once leaving experimental the release version is available to all users from day one.

I was not fond of A17. It just didn’t play in a fashion I liked. Played modded instead which added a bit of interest but not like previous versions. A18 May or may not be better and if it’s not I’ll continue to play other games. I don’t feel slighted in the least. For the cost I paid I have gotten my fair share of playtime. I still disagree with this method but as stated previously, opinions abound.

Is what it is.

Archived