Posting too much on this forum

bobrpggamer

S*** on the internet is not real folks. I role play every persona I have on forums.

...but I'm old and didn't grow up on the damn thing; it came to me in my super early 20's so I only see it as the tool it was meant to be.

"Social media" is a foreign concept to me. Hell, my wife says this forum is a form of "social media" and I'd agree by definition, but not in practice.

Real talk here from Uncle Guppy:

I don't know any of you and have no real emotional attachments to y'all. Some of you seem nice and cool and all, but probably have a crawlspace full of half eaten sorority sisters, and because I don't know if that's true, I refuse to form real bonds over a keyboard.

Just doesn't make sense in my world, and that practice allows me to shed your comments off like the death if a pedophile... I just don't care.

Bottom line is, if you read something online and it bothers you, but doesn't actually affect your real life? Then it shouldn't affect your real life.

Agreed for the most part. Social media like Twitter and Facebook I have no use for. I've never created an account and likely never will either. Forums are where it's at cuz you can at least learn from it and isn't too personal.

As far as not being bothered by online stuff... threatening messages from stalking users that somehow manage to gain your personal details in which you've never given out before... that stuff will always bother me. It's happened to me on this very website too back when I was moderating it. Had to get police involved which luckily scared him off. But most other things said online should easily be shrugged off cuz they don't know anything about you, so how could it possibly be taken personal?

Now if you don't mind... I need to go stab someone 37 times and then eat their hands. :p

reference:

The picture reminded me of the song by the Misfits "Last Caress" do not bother asking me why. This post was because of the "you have been trolling this forum" comment on the taleworlds forum and honestly when they said that I could not understand what he was talking about. So I try not to post too much here or elsewhere because of it. I only post on a few forums, this one because I love 7 days To Die, the English Amiga Board which was just recently and I kind of finished there for now and sometimes a steam forum for a particular game I am playing. I don't really like to ask much in general and one post I made here about mining and leveling up with the auger was kind of a mistake and I wish I didn't.

It is kind of interesting sometimes when you make a strange post and it brings you guys together talking about things that you may not have talked about before. Anyway I plan to just ask questions I think I will better off that way and you guys have been really cool with that and very helpful so I will stick to that.

As far as taking things personal I will just add that when your life is an open book or maybe you just think it is then its a lot easier to take things personal from people you may not know but you may think they know you somehow.

My rule of thumb for posting is to avoid using the word "you" in negative sentence.

Still got 8 more fingers then my thumbs, so it's not a rule, more of a personal guidline and

a warning sign.

Using "I" statements, yeah that is always a good way to go, but some people have a temper and have a hard time taking criticism.

Here is something I am thinking about, I am really enjoying talking with you guys and I can get a bit lonely at times, so am I trolling the forum waiting for replies and posting comments? that's what goes through my head sometimes. I have yet to get into the game today so I am I guess just hanging around this forum enjoying talking with you all.

I also have no Twitter and Facebook account and I am a loner and spend most of my time alone so this conversation is about my only social activity I have had for some time.

Agreed for the most part. Social media like Twitter and Facebook I have no use for. I've never created an account and likely never will either. Forums are where it's at cuz you can at least learn from it and isn't too personal.

As far as not being bothered by online stuff... threatening messages from stalking users that somehow manage to gain your personal details in which you've never given out before... that stuff will always bother me. It's happened to me on this very website too back when I was moderating it. Had to get police involved which luckily scared him off. But most other things said online should easily be shrugged off cuz they don't know anything about you, so how could it possibly be taken personal?

Now if you don't mind... I need to go stab someone 37 times and then eat their hands. :p

reference:

Wouldn't a foot have more meat on it, in case you really eat peoples hands. I had my foot amputated in 1998 and I often wonder what did they do with my foot when they chopped it off, I hope they did not eat it but then if they were hungry I suppose it was for a good cause. Strange video dude.

I really did have my foot amputated I am not making that up, it was a bummer but If I lost one of my hands I could not play FPS's very well or type or other things but lately I have had a hard time walking around and since it was my right foot my truck has to be adapted with a left foot gas pedal so its a bit f***ed up at times.

Wouldn't a foot have more meat on it, in case you really eat peoples hands. I had my foot amputated in 1998 and I often wonder what did they do with my foot when they chopped it off, I hope they did not eat it but then if they were hungry I suppose it was for a good cause. Strange video dude.

lmao!

Archived