Old version - windows 10

konva

Hello, I wanted to run again old version (9.3). Unfortunately, I cant manage to play it. Everytime I wanted to create world, i got error message, screenshot attached.

I tried everything... delete all saves, all files and re-download it again, compatibility settings..

I have Windows 10 - 64bit

Intel Core i7 - 5820k; 32GB RAM, 2x RX 580; and game is installed on SSD disc, system is on another SSD.

I also tried today to ask on steam forum, but still no help. I tried also to install latest update to win, and to AMD driver. Could someone please look onto it?

PS: Im asking there, because I dont know where else I could ask, and its old version.

1450691891_screen1.jpg.287943775d5ee3839095ae19904eb0d0.jpg

Ok find another clue:

1) When I start random gen, exit and reload game, that error messages above pops.

2) When I start Navezgane map, on loadgame list it appears under name: MyGame1 - this means game is renamed, but still I can get in.

I'm currently doing a playthrough of 7.1 and I've had some issues for sure on my Win 10 machine however these tricks have worked for me.

Don't play A17 it seems to cause some conflicts.....not sure where since A7 doesn't use shared files.

I created an "Old 7dtd" folder in root of different drive, moved the old version there.

After each use I have to move it again.....So I get d:\Old 7dtd\A7-1, then a7-2 and whatnot...don't know why but it works for me.

Always reboot before playing and don't pass go, just start playing. Like I said I don't know why these things work, but so far I've got 4 hours of Alpha 7.1 in over the course of a week.

So, you said that When I get the 9.3 version, I can start playing, then after I quit, just move it into another folder? And before another play just reboot PC? I played with same PC like over year, windows 10 I use about month

Reasons why I still stick with Windows 7... it's just better.

agreed, but win 10 has more stable HTC vive compared to win 7.. unfortunately also I lost install dvd with win 7, and win 10 I bought for about 2,5 dolars :D

So, you said that When I get the 9.3 version, I can start playing, then after I quit, just move it into another folder? And before another play just reboot PC? I played with same PC like over year, windows 10 I use about month

I don't know 100% for 9, but what I'm playing there is no registry use nor App Data, it's all self contained in the download

Well, still doesnt solve problems running 9.3 version.

Lets summary all I have figured out:

1) Sometimes, when entering new world, it crashes, leaving log in folder.

2) Sometimes, I can enter random gen world, but when I exit, I cant rejoin

3) When I create new world (RWG or Navezgane), name of the world changes to MyGame1 and set to naverzage, thats why the 2) occurs

4) Sometimes, when I enter new world, some error appears in console.

What I have done:

1) complete cleanup described in some guide(app data, registry, etc.)

2) Reinstall, deleting all files, installing fresh 9.3 version.

3) Tried both games (navezgane and RWG)

Could use dev help maybe there :)

I was going to post about how this works great from Linux, and encourage the OP to try installing linux somewhere and running it from there, but....

I just downloaded A9.3 for linux via steam, and I noticed the startup file, 7DaysToDie.sh, is not there, nor are the binaries. What steam downloads is the content, but you can't run it because of this.

EDIT/UPDATE

I finally got the 32 bit executable. I can run it directly, but the game insists Steam client is not running (it is running, it's right there).

So while you can download it via Steam, 1) the .sh file that steam tries to use is missing and 2) if you run the executable directly, it insists Steam is not running and will not let you into the game.

Note - apparently this version uses startserver.sh, not 7DaysToDie.sh. Steam is confused and tries to run 7DaysToDie.sh.

Remove all existing configs from .local, .config just to make sure we are clean. Run game. It runs.

Start random gen game. Game starts, console appears with nothing in it. Console scroll indicator moves as if the console was being flooded with messages, but nothing appears. Keyboard is not responsive. Mouse does nothing. Must forcibly terminate app.

Repeat with different seed. Same thing.

Start Navezgane game. Same.

Looked for logs - can't find them. Did this version not create a log file?

So I used steamcmd to download it via download_depot ( You don't need the steam client to download via the download depot, steamcmd works fine but you have to auth with your steam credentials to get access to paid content). This worked, but the content was identical to what the Steam client downloaded.

Come to find out it is throwing an error:

./7DaysToDie.x86: ./libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.8' not found (required by /usr/lib/libGLU.so.1)

I renamed the libstdc++.so.6 file that came with the download, forcing it to use the system version in /usr/lib, and that error went away. Still, you can't start a game.

Idk what to do at this point and real life is calling, so I'm putting this on the back burner.

Sorry to hijack this thread - I was going to encourage the OP to try it in linux, but it looks like it's borked under Linux. Suggestions welcome.

FWIW, A10 seems to work just fine, but they changed a lot between A9 and A10.

Yes, but 10.4 is amazing.

THE MUSIC! AHH THE MUSIC!! That old music was glorious, I really miss it...

Speaking of old tracks... I remember when this came out and everyone wanted this to be 7d2d theme song... and I agreed:

yeah I dont have another PC and unfortunately I donw like linux since in school they forces us to install it at home(PC becomes broken). And youre speaking about running game, but I can run the game but there are some problems with that, read the summary topic in previous page.

Agree with music, just awesome :)

Yes, but 10.4 is amazing.

Speaking of old tracks... I remember when this came out and everyone wanted this to be 7d2d theme song... and I agreed:

I think A10 was the first version I played. And it was glorious! TFP could have stopped there and I would have considered it money well spent. I have hopes for A18, as A15 was the last version I really liked....A16 and 17 just didn't do it for me....

Archived