A19 NPCs DMT Mod

xyth

The fix for zombie animation after reloging seems to be setting the chunk observer property in the entityclasses.xml npcmeleetemplate to true.  I will edit that and push tomorrow but you can manually edit that for now.

On 9/5/2020 at 8:12 AM, xyth said:

The fix for zombie animation after reloging seems to be setting the chunk observer property in the entityclasses.xml npcmeleetemplate to true.  I will edit that and push tomorrow but you can manually edit that for now.

Thanks for the fix Xyth. Taking my first playthrough in 19 now.

If your getting lots of spam warnings when some characters are set on fire, please load the 2-CharacterEffects pack which has the fix for that.  It also contains random walktypes for all zombies, and enables humans to become infected.  Also will be testing the method of turning some quest zombies back to humans.  

42 minutes ago, xyth said:

I have not updated the NPC Human pack yet.  The characters in the human pack could be added.  Guppy never did Humans that could spawn weapons, so those would all need rebuilding.

ah ok

i changed NPC heavy guy and eve to be part of whitewater faction so i can recruit them.However their health doesnt regen like the normal whitewater faction NPCs.

Is there a way i can activate their health regen? I couldnt find it in the xml files.

Also NPC joel has a bug where his head animation is broken,his head hangs to the side.

Xyth!

Check this out from 19.1 exp announcement:

Fixed: Zombies fall through floor/world when jumping over metalRailing blocks

Could this solve the problem I had with hired NPCs falling off the world? Also, do you think the current version of the mod is perfectly compatible with 19.1 ? I haven't tested it yet, but I would definitely like to see if that fix above could also solve the issue I had with hired NPCs.

• 3 weeks later...

Hoping I can get a little guidance. I've used this mod previously & love it, however, whenever I try to build in DMT now, I get this:

warning CS1701: Assuming assembly reference 'mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' used by 'UnityEngine.CoreModule' matches identity 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' of 'mscorlib', you may need to supply runtime policy
C:\Users\mandy\Desktop\A19 DMT Mods/0-SphereIICore/Scripts\Blocks\BlockLockedLoot.cs(11,20): warning CS0649: Field 'BlockLockedLoot.lockpick' is never assigned to, and will always have its default value null
C:\Users\mandy\Desktop\A19 DMT Mods/0-SphereIICore/Scripts\Blocks\BlockLockedLoot.cs(4,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Lockpicking' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
C:\Users\mandy\Desktop\A19 DMT Mods/0-SphereIICore/Scripts\Blocks\BlockLockedLoot.cs(13,12): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Keyhole' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
C:\Users\mandy\Desktop\A19 DMT Mods/0-SphereIICore/Scripts\Blocks\BlockLockedLoot.cs(11,12): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Keyhole' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
C:\Users\mandy\Desktop\A19 DMT Mods/0-SphereIICore/Scripts\EAI\EAIMaslowLevel1SDX.cs(219,34): error CS7036: There is no argument given that corresponds to the required formal parameter 'pos' of 'EntityMoveHelper.CalcIfUnreachablePos(Vector3)'
C:\Users\mandy\Desktop\A19 DMT Mods/0-SphereIICore/Scripts\EAI\EAILootLocationSDX.cs(465,34): error CS7036: There is no argument given that corresponds to the required formal parameter 'pos' of 'EntityMoveHelper.CalcIfUnreachablePos(Vector3)'
C:\Users\mandy\Desktop\A19 DMT Mods/0-SphereIICore/Scripts\EAI\EAIApproachAndFollowTargetSDX.cs(274,30): error CS7036: There is no argument given that corresponds to the required formal parameter 'pos' of 'EntityMoveHelper.CalcIfUnreachablePos(Vector3)'
Failed to compile Mods.dll
Build failed
process exited with error code -1

I did make sure I had the newest version of DMT as well & did it on a clean A19 install. I have been trying to learn more about the game files & paths & such, but still a noob. Lol. Thanks so much in advance for any & all advice anyone can offer.

Edited by MandyCMoore (see edit history)

17 hours ago, BigC27 said:

Do the Npc Automatically spawn in or do i have to spawn them in? Because i have try spawning them in and get a red sea of error. 

red sea.jpg

I cant read what that says but likely you have either missing deppendancies, not launching with the mod launcher or otherwise building with DMT. 

That looks correct.  There is a core version for each version of the game.  So one for stable, one for experimental ect, and they are not exchangeable.  I think the version your using is for stable.

I have a couple of things I have been trying to adjust in the animals, but not having any luck. I know it is probably something obvious, but I'm just not seeing it. I want to make all pugs, beagles, & wolfhounds non enemies & able to hire. I also want to do the same thing with Spider 02 & Spider 03. The last thing I want to do is disable all animals & humans ability to open doors. Even one goat from Blooms is opening & shutting doors over and over. Ready to turn her into BBQ. Lol. I'd be grateful for any guidance you can give.

19 hours ago, MandyCMoore said:

I have a couple of things I have been trying to adjust in the animals, but not having any luck. I know it is probably something obvious, but I'm just not seeing it. I want to make all pugs, beagles, & wolfhounds non enemies & able to hire. I also want to do the same thing with Spider 02 & Spider 03. The last thing I want to do is disable all animals & humans ability to open doors. Even one goat from Blooms is opening & shutting doors over and over. Ready to turn her into BBQ. Lol. I'd be grateful for any guidance you can give.

NPCs of all types (human, animals and mechs) are hirable if they dont hate you.  If they are neutral or like you they will talk to you and thus you can hire them.  Some start out in a faction that hates the player.  So you need to improve your faction with that group somehow.  The idea was to have quests that would earn you more positive or negative faction, but so far no modder has written those quest up.  In the game, but not in loot, are books that either grant you some additional positive faction or full faction with each faction group.  If you want to shortcut, you can edit those animals faction xml property and make them, say, the whiteriver faction, then they will like you.

I will check on the door opening.  In the blocks.xml of the Core there is a switch for this but perhaps its not working

21 minutes ago, xyth said:

NPCs of all types (human, animals and mechs) are hirable if they dont hate you.  If they are neutral or like you they will talk to you and thus you can hire them.  Some start out in a faction that hates the player.  So you need to improve your faction with that group somehow.  The idea was to have quests that would earn you more positive or negative faction, but so far no modder has written those quest up.  In the game, but not in loot, are books that either grant you some additional positive faction or full faction with each faction group.  If you want to shortcut, you can edit those animals faction xml property and make them, say, the whiteriver faction, then they will like you.

I will check on the door opening.  In the blocks.xml of the Core there is a switch for this but perhaps its not working

I wanted to make quests, but I was discouraged by the limitations of vanilla features.

You just have to play around with it.  I had the humans burst firing in A18, but something in A19 seemed to stop that and I never got back to it as most folks complain they fire too much already.  If you find a way to make them fire faster let me know what that xml is and I can add that change to the pack.