A19 NPCs DMT Mod

xyth

I cant seem to recruit anyone. when i press e on them nothing happens(i assume it work's like darkness falls?). i tried on the farmer and cowboy and a few others. I decided to spawn in a few guys for testing and found i cant spawn in any entity with "NPC" in their name. instead i a get a "nullreferenceexception" and an "...err unknown entity 551..."

when i spawn in "human" tagged entities most seem to work but no dialog for recruitment. i can talk to the human tagged traders though to buy and sell.

i recently downloaded the 7d2d mod launcher and downloaded your mod through that. i uninstalled 7d2d and cleaned out the fold before reinstall. when i downloaded your mod it came with 3 dependencies and that is all i use. i even tried again with a new "Fun-pimps latest stable section" install.

image.thumb.png.c5fd93fb74117c7d41f145720a33217e.png

There is nothing under those modlets i only use your mod/dependencies with a new game. im new to the mod launcher and not sure if there is a order setting but from what i see on youtube it doesn't matter?

also the high tech solders are not great at aiming. its good to see them moving but thy just run and shoot where they ran to. they don't seem to be turning towards the zombie then firing. almost like after their run action they don't have a face towards enemy action afterword before they hose down a mountain with bullets.

CreaturePack characters cannot be interacted with, only NPC pack characters can.  Npc pack has 3 dependancy mods that also must be loaded or you will get those errors.  Vanilla ranged characters do not turn towards targets before shooting, and that cannot be fixed.  NPC ranged characters are very accurate though.

If you need help finding errors, we need to see your log files to understand whats going wrong.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

? like i said. i use your mod (NPC pack Humans)with its three dependencies that automatically download when you download yours. the dependencies listed in the picture i posted seem to correspond with the ones you listed in the first post of this forum. Jugging from my experience i does seem to be missing a dependency like at least the dialog modlet but as you can clearly see in the picture i have it installed. i thought maybe the order was the issue as im new to the mod launcher and don't see a way to move mod order around. i added numbers to the mod folders to get them in a better order but that just made them disappear in the launcher so i redownloaded them. 

I also doubt your going to be able to recreate the issues because you have all the original dependencies and sources. even if something points in the wrong direction from a previous version you would still have the assets.

I don't know of any vanilla ranged characters in the game other then the zombie cop. the characters Im talking about it the "human guppysolders type one-whatever" from your mod. the others like "vault security with gun" will run aim then shoot (small ball projectile) a few times before they run at a zombie and start attacking with melee. the ones that cant aim are the solders that dump 30 rounds of tracer in half a second (line projectile).

im spitballing here bit if i remember correctly the solders in darkness falls had a line in the entity classes that was basically like

'''<Property Name= "AItask1" Value= "Look"/>

<Property Name= "AItask2" Value= "Attack"/>'''

look was basically aim then they would shoot. they where also more like static turrets then actual moving peeps tho. think maybe something got lost in the conversion? 

output_logREDACTED1.txt

The issue on aiming is a known issue and hundreds of hours went into finding a creative non-code solution, but in the end that cannot be improved on in A18.  The NPC characters have code that fixes that.  The bandit class also fixes it but that class will NRE when it enters a trader area.  DF characters dont move so he can use that bandit class and he also turns off trader area protection that solves that issue.  

Again, if your loading all the dependencies it should work without error.  If you link a log, we might know whats going on, otherwise we cant help.

Sorry, just saw that.  Your log is full of errors saying it cannot find the code loaded by the Core.  The core is loading though.  Not sure whats happening with your install.  Maybe ask Sphereii, as it might be a pathing error in the launcher.

On 6/29/2020 at 5:51 PM, xyth said:

A testing version (limited characters, current DMT code base) based on the experimental drop will likely be pushed within the week assuming I can resolve the significant issues in the A19 build.

When YOU start talking about issues that might be hard to solve, I'm getting worried. What are the issues about?

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

The only issue, and its a big one, is getting zombies to land attacks correctly.  Right now crawlers and spiders never hit, and with some adjusting walkers only hit 80% of the time.  Even on those the sync of the hit is way off and conventional adjustments are not working.  Its likely this can be sorted with code for NPCs, but vanilla zombies may be a problem.  I have not tested human characters yet.  The animals and mechs are fine, as those seems to work as expected.  

Vanilla zombies have some issues so perhaps this bug will magically go away in the next experimental update.  

I think the sync issue is due to TFP adding new animation events for the attack initiation sound (swoosh) and the hit sound.  Since those are scripted events, we cant use them.  I have not figured out a work around for vanilla that wont cause different issue, yet.  Since footsteps are animation events, Sphereii was able to replace that with code, so NPCs can have footstep sounds.  If needed we can do something similar for hit sounds.  Anyway, I will look into Humans and NPCs soon and see if they have these zombie issues.

• 3 weeks later...

Pushed the A19 NPC mods, and its featurepacks like factions to the A19DMT repo.

Again, this is a work in progress and any errors  not yet found on the Characterpack humans will likely turn up here.  

Unlike the characterpack humans, characters that turn zombie will attack you, and until I find it less funny, will use ranged and melee weapons on you.  I might stop this or more likely make then use walktype 7 and just shoot themselves in the foot instead.

Pushed a fix for the occasional particle rendering on zero mesh warning when fire particles are applied to a mesh.   The fix is in the 2-Character effects modlet for testing.  The particle I made as a replacement isnt perfect but good enough for now in case TFP makes theirs more compatible.  

A new Tag named "cp" for characterpack is used to switch between the 2 particles depending on the target.  It was added to all CP characters.

NPC sleeper bug was found and the fix will be in the next update of Sphereiis core.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I try to  install these 2 mods  0-SphereIICore and  SphereII NPC Dialog Windows with the DMT mod , my game starts to glitch.After that it starts normally but when it comes to loading the main menu, the music just plays and only the Main menu is visible. What is the problem ? only in NPC mod i get this issue...

can you please help me ...

That's not enough information to help you.  We will need to see your player log.

Are you using the mod launcher to load these mods as they are DMT mods so need to be compiled first.

OUTPUT LOG LOCATIONS 

Windows: 

From Steam or Launcher

<gamefolder>\7DaysToDie_Data\output_log__<DATETIME >.txt

From .exe

%AppData%\LocalLow\The Fun Pimps\7 Days To Die\player.log 

From dedicated through startdedicated.bat

<gamefolder>/7DaysToDie_Data/output_log_<DATETIME>.txt 

Linux 

From Executable

<homefolder>/.config/unity3d/The Fun Pimps/7 Days To Die <- Dedicated>/Player.log 

From start scripts or Steam

<gamefolder>/7DaysToDie_Data/output_log__<DATETIME>.txt 

From server with management scripts

/home/sdtd/instances/<instancename>/logs/output_log_<DATETIME>.txt 

MacOS

<homefolder>/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log

So the problem is that I'm Installing mods using your "DMT Modding Tool" launcher

but exactly when I install the mods "A19DMTMods-master and SphereII.ModsA19-master" the game is loaded and only reaches the main menu and nothing else happens.

I already uninstalled the game and then reinstalled everything.

All mods that I installed without DMT Modding Tool worked well. And when I started installing Mods from DMT Modding Tool , the game either shows a black screen or just hangs in the main menu.

But if I only install the Mod SphereII.ModsA19-master with the tool, the game works well. as far as I install A19DMTMods-master, as I said, it hangs in the menu or black image. It is so confused... 

Is there any other way to download mods without a DMT Modding Tool ? otherwise it seems to me that this Tool breaks the game.

Edited by buhariki (see edit history)

The 7DaystoDie ModLauncher is the easiest way to download,install and run DMT modlets.  You can also use the DMT tool itsself to compile the modlets manually, but that is more difficult.  Just load the individual mods folders in the Github Repos Master Branch, don't load all the files found in the master branch.

2 hours ago, buhariki said:

So the problem is that I'm Installing mods using your "DMT Modding Tool" launcher

but exactly when I install the mods "A19DMTMods-master and SphereII.ModsA19-master" the game is loaded and only reaches the main menu and nothing else happens.

I already uninstalled the game and then reinstalled everything.

All mods that I installed without DMT Modding Tool worked well. And when I started installing Mods from DMT Modding Tool , the game either shows a black screen or just hangs in the main menu.

But if I only install the Mod SphereII.ModsA19-master with the tool, the game works well. as far as I install A19DMTMods-master, as I said, it hangs in the menu or black image. It is so confused... 

Is there any other way to download mods without a DMT Modding Tool ? otherwise it seems to me that this Tool breaks the game.

Hi buhariki

I manually compile the mods and have not had any problems.
In DMT 2.0 it has a box that says update, did you make sure to check it before compiling?

5 hours ago, Gouki said:

Hi buhariki

I manually compile the mods and have not had any problems.
In DMT 2.0 it has a box that says update, did you make sure to check it before compiling?

Hi, yes all clear 

proof.PNG

7 hours ago, xyth said:

The 7DaystoDie ModLauncher is the easiest way to download,install and run DMT modlets.  You can also use the DMT tool itsself to compile the modlets manually, but that is more difficult.  Just load the individual mods folders in the Github Repos Master Branch, don't load all the files found in the master branch.

my steps , the Human pack is already installed 

and the final is main menu that doesnt work 

maybe i did mistakes ?

proof 2.PNG

proof 3.PNG

proof 4.PNG

The 7DaystoDie ModLauncher , yes, but I don't see the NPC mod there.

only those are given. 

image.thumb.png.ac81610b339523a8841ba4735e5da4a3.png

Edited by buhariki (see edit history)

13 minutes ago, buhariki said:

Hi, yes all clear 

proof.PNG

my steps , the Human pack is already installed 

and the final is main menu that doesnt work 

maybe i did mistakes ?

The 7DaystoDie ModLauncher , yes, but I don't see the NPC mod there.

only those are given. 

proof 2.PNG

proof 3.PNG

proof 4.PNG

You do not have the Attemp Harmony Update box checked (check it before compiling), apart from all the mods that you are going to compile have to be in the same folder, not separately.

Dmt.png

Edited by Gouki (see edit history)