A19 NPCs DMT Mod

xyth

On 3/8/2021 at 8:24 AM, xyth said:

That bug has been reported but seem intermittent.  Its a code issue we have to resolve apparently.

I had a very interesting bug. Delta soldier AK ,when teleporting to me when i entered my house,teleported into the basement and transformed into a wolf.

I had him following me,and noticed he didnt follow me into the house,i went to my basement and there was a wolf.Killed it and never saw Delta soldier again. No entry points that a wolf could have come through so it hit me that delta must have turned into the wolf. Hilarious lol

I then remembered you saying NPCs are spawning via animal spawns so kinda makes sense.Something got broke in the matrix

Greetings to all. I have a problem installing the mod, I hope some of you know about some solution. Maybe it's some stupid mistake that I didn't notice. In general, I installed everything I need, but an error appears in the launcher. Literally: "The process cannot access the file ........... since this file is being used by another process." Error code "1". And I don't know what to do about it. When you start a normal game after compilation, when loading, the console opens itself, showing all the processes with possible errors

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Yukio said:

Greetings to all. I have a problem installing the mod, I hope some of you know about some solution. Maybe it's some stupid mistake that I didn't notice. In general, I installed everything I need, but an error appears in the launcher. Literally: "The process cannot access the file ........... since this file is being used by another process." Error code "1". And I don't know what to do about it. When you start a normal game after compilation, when loading, the console opens itself, showing all the processes with possible errors

spacer.png

You are loading the animal and mech NPC packs without also loading the creaturepack animals and mechs.

I'm so glad I finally got this working! I've wanted NPCs in 7 days forever. I had a few questions though.

1. Can you equip NPCs with weapons/armor?

2. I am hosting a co op with a friend using the mod launcher. Does my friend need to start with the mod launcher as well, or is having the files and starting vanilla good enough?

3. Is there a way I can change NPCs threat detection? I'd like to try to make them shoot a zombie if it gets close, as of now they only fight back after being hit.

Thanks for all the work on this mod, being able to have them stay at our base or patrol is really cool.

26 minutes ago, Yukio said:

Okay, I was happy early. Only the DMT compilation worked. When trying to create a game, there is such an endless download from the console. Any idea why things are breaking down like this?

spacer.png

Just to report that I'm having the exact same issue.

Up until today, I was using the animals-humans-zombies-effects combo just fine (all installed manually). Then I decided to add the NPC features on top of those. I installed Mod Launcher just for this and used it to get NPC animals/humans, factions and the dependencies.

And yet, when I launch the game using mod launcher, I'm getting a series of red errors.

The mods do not change any rights, so Im not sure what going on.

On 3/19/2021 at 3:50 PM, Minakie said:

Just to report that I'm having the exact same issue.

Up until today, I was using the animals-humans-zombies-effects combo just fine (all installed manually). Then I decided to add the NPC features on top of those. I installed Mod Launcher just for this and used it to get NPC animals/humans, factions and the dependencies.

And yet, when I launch the game using mod launcher, I'm getting a series of red errors.

Without a link yo your log files its impossible to know what went wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

hi , i can run it on solo and on a dedicated server so i share my method (i bleed from eyes and ears during 3 days to find it, i'm not a modder  :)  )

1: download the tool and mods as shown 
*compile via DMT Tool
( https://github.com/.../v2.2.7569.../DMTv2.2.7569.26209.zip )
from " SphereII.ModsA19-master " :
( https://github.com/.../SphereII.ModsA19/archive/master.zip )
SphereII NPC Dialog Windows
_ 0-SphereIICore
_ 0-CreaturePackHumans (https://yehonal.github.io/DownGit/... )
and since A19DMTMods-master
( https://github.com/7D2D/A19DMTMods/archive/master.zip )
_ 1-NPCPackAnimals
_ 1-NPCPackHumans
_ 1-NPCPackMechs
_ 2-NPCFactions
_ Locks
(capture: https://www.mediafire.com/view/7zg4lj4xae498ph/Capture.JPG/file )
2: compile on the player side : the required NPC mods + the classic mods you use (vehicles, etc...)
3.compile on the server side, directly on the server machine : the NPC mods + the server side + the classic ones
4. then on the server machine (physical for my part, but I think feasible in a virtualized gamer environment) launch the game as for playing solo and generate a new map
5. quit when the map is done and you spawning
6. edit the server.cfg with the new map data (map name, game name) and launch a dedicated server

notes : the only errors on loading are about mecha npc, but I don't remember seeing them in solo either, it doesn't change anything in the server life nor in the gameplay on the player side, so everything is fine ; everything else works perfectly otherwise
(capture dedicated console 1 : https://www.mediafire.com/view/g8ca8ib5yo6usu5/1.PNG/file )
(capture dedicated console 2 : https://www.mediafire.com/view/qwmevpb1vazxf77/2.PNG/file )
(all other lines are green after capture 2 :)  )

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version) (french to en/us)

• 2 weeks later...

I have 2 questions.

I tried to do it with the DMT and it gave me an error (

The type or namespace name 'StealthScreenOverlay' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
process exited with error code -1
Failed to compile Harmony dll Harmony-SphereII Clear UI.dll
Build failed

)

so i just left this mod out, but now i had no grass textures and everything looked bad. I tried it multiple times but i dont know what i can do to fix that error.

And im not sure, i wandered around in the world for about 30 minutes but couldnt find any NPCs. Can you craft them or am i just unlucky?

Ty for answering 😛

This NPC mod has lots of new code that must be compiled either by the mod launcher, or by DMT.  I recommend you use the modlauncher to load these mods.  Otherwise just use the characterpack versions that dont use code.  The A20 version will not require either method, it will work just by dropping the mod into the Mods folder then.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Interesting.  They are identical except for the model except for a few properties.   One is: <property name="IsChunkObserver" value="true"/> Try removing that from the animals.  another is <property name="IsEntityAnimal" value="true"/>  try setting that to false or removing it entirely.   My guess would be the second one is the issue.

2 hours ago, xyth said:

Interesting.  They are identical except for the model except for a few properties.   One is: <property name="IsChunkObserver" value="true"/> Try removing that from the animals.  another is <property name="IsEntityAnimal" value="true"/>  try setting that to false or removing it entirely.   My guess would be the second one is the issue.

Got it.  Setting the ChunkObserver to false did the trick. Now I don't have to worry about losing my pets when I log out.  Thanks. 😁

Hi, how remove the non-hired NPC? Idk the xml here is and the names files from theses non-hired npcs. Because I think the game is generating a lot of non-hire npc, and I prefer a gameplay of just hired-npc x raid/bandits npc. Thanks.

If you load the NPCHumans pack, it disables all "humans" that load in the CreaturepackHumans mod.  If you cant hire any character, it means you don't have faction with those characters.  You can only hire friendly ones.  Unfriendly ones are basically bandits or neutral to you.  If you want all to be friendly, edit the entityclasses.xml and change faction to whiteriver