Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I found history boring af until I got into college and instead of repeating the same 200 years we were reading newspaper articles from back then, diaries, and getting a much better feel for the bias, and that woke me up to realizing the kinds of biasness we see in every day events.

Yeah its interesting now, but as a teen I didn't care in the slightest.

What is your opinion on Skyrim's route? (As you level up lockpicking, you can lockpick more advanced keyholes with a lesser chance of the lockpick breaking.) If balancing is in order, do you think a simplified variant of this system would be an appropriate solution? Just curious.

Edit: For instance, as you level up lockpicking, you would be able to break into different tiers of safes. (Wall safes, then gun safes, and following that, hardened chests.)

I like Skyrims, but we didn't have time for a fancy GUI. What we have works, I don't like locking players out of better locks. We'll probably need to polish it during 18, its kind of a stub right now.

My stepdad has a Degree in Medical Biology... He sells commercial real estate lol and makes far, far more. Almost everyone I know has a career unrelated to their degree. It's a crazy world.

Yep, which is why I tell people to follow their heart and find something you love to do, get awesome at it, and you'll never work a day in your life.

It sure doesn't help it be on topic to discuss UFC's last match ;)

I don't know how remarking on this makes me a hypocrite, though. I'd say it makes you more of a hypocrite to say that you can't read all and that some questions won't get answered, but apparently having the time to answer all those other absolutely unrelated questions, even in great detail, while telling other people off for writing walls of text that are more related to the game.

It's okay. Since Roland made it clear in his last response that he's not strictly moderating the thread then I'll feel free to debate you over off-topic things you bring up that I disagree with. I don't normally do it because I don't want to make it an off-topic conversation, but since it's allowed I'll just do that. It's the seeing posts of yours that I disagree with and not being able to respond to them that gets me.

And yes, I'm sure I'll get crushed many times in a18. I *hope* I will. That's part of the fun ;)

In some cases we have a solution already and I don't want to read all the ideas, but I don't want to announce it either because until its done, its just an idea that might work on paper.

Yup built my business into a multimillion dollar business. Worked 7 days a week, 60-80 hours a week for 25 years. It wrecked my health but the business runs with small inputs from me leaving me time to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

My son got BA & MA in communications and couldn’t get a job. I had told him that medicine was the field where you would always have a job. So after wasting 6 years and tens of thousands of dollars, he’s working on a masters in nursing to be nurse practitioner...guaranteed employment anywhere. It makes you want to strangle these kids for not taking our advice seriously.

I tell people to be a nurse all the time, help people, amazing benefits, good pay that can lead to amazing pay if you keep getting upgrades along the way. Holistic practioners with a nursing degree can charge 250 an hour to consult hormone therapy and anti aging and make a killing, sell supplements etc.

Then that is different or a change from what I heard. Madmole will have to clarify. I was under the impression all blocks will destroy to air. If they want the steel to be siding over the top of concrete....so be it. :)

Altho you make alot of sense and this is probably a good simplification. My gut tells me people will miss the downgrading block aspect as it gives a sense of fear that the zombies are about to get in. 😅

You did better than I have done so far. Fellow auto mechanic here, still working on what you have already done. Dream is to one day own a mechanic shop, Ill get there. Though I'm more on the engine side of things.

I worked on commission and had to buy my own tools except for the big shop equipment. The boss was gone getting drunk all day so I wrote estimates, answered the phone and ordered parts. At that point I was doing 95% of the work and getting 50% of the profit, so I started my own shop (rented a building, put up a sign, and financed the big equipment from the snap on tool guy. The building had some space I renovated into living quarters and I built a shower in the basement where there was a drain, and I moved in to the shop to save money while in startup. It was smart because things were tight at first, but I made it and in 3 years was debt free, had a nice jet ski and my old roadrunner fully restored inside and out, and got a house and had a few grand in savings, a huge accomplishment for me. Good luck for whenever you make the move, nothing beats being self employed if you can handle the pressure.

What is this hate for school? School is so important for education. It separates us from becoming a second or third rate country.

How is this becoming political in a games forum?

Noone is arguing that school isn't important, I thought "High school history" and typed school. My bad. History isn't useless but how it was taught to me was. IMO you need to give me a why. Give me a strong why and I go from a d student to an A student. If they said you need to do this to become a _____ and a _____ was something I cared about, suddenly I was an A student.

Will bigger forges ever be a thing in 7 days to die. I’ve noticed immediately in all madmole horde night videos that he has to craft a bunch of ammo and I just would hope the benches would scale to the need they have to make

Hah and thats with "advanced bellows and anvils" which reduce smelting and crafting time in half. Yes I want to do an industrial forge in an upcoming build that has like 6 slots to drop ore stacks into, needs electricity and coal, makes less heat map, etc.

They reached the last order of magnitude for etching circuits, long ago, the only particles smaller to potentially

etch the circuits are the xrays which cant be directionaly controlled, and pierce the circuit boards.

Then there is the theoretical.

They are stuck until they can learn to control the Quark, which aint happening in this lifetime.

So they cheesed it, and sandwiched wafer on wafer.

Meh, someone will figure out a better way. The solution is genius and right in front of their face, but overlooked yet IMO. I know a guy who invented free energy that is coming to the market. Well its solar, but then uses heat and cold to generate endless energy once its started.

It seems like the zombies are doing a little more flanking and running up from behind when out in the open... or am I imagining this?

I've got all the armor movement penalty removing perks + the jacket of ass hauling on too, a normie in heavy armor would have been steam rolled.

Meh, someone will figure out a better way. The solution is genius and right in front of their face, but overlooked yet IMO. I know a guy who invented free energy that is coming to the market. Well its solar, but then uses heat and cold to generate endless energy once its started.

Robert Stirling?

Used to use my whole base at horde nights before, where I was scared as ♥♥♥♥ not to lose my chest full of callipers, or engines, or any valuables. Back then a separate horde base is out of my plans and I love how you did similar thing here.

You did great @madmole, another good one.

Wait. Having to fight inside your base and crafting area and losing storage crates to the horde is "doing great"? Um.......talk about a participation trophy. I'd call that horde night a total fail.

In new horde night video, I notice that Character is at health of 168, similarly for stamina. I think with perk it increase in fold of 10, so it should be 170 or 160 .. did I miss an update about health?

also, he never get infected?

You gain a point every level now, no fortitude or agility requirement.

@madmole

...am I crazy or were you killing them more easily with your ak (or whatever ammo you had in your ak) than your m60? The rad soldiers especially were going down easier with the ak...

I think I somehow grabbed my ♥♥♥♥ty m60 or something nerfed the damage on it, it was like 80 instead of 119.

Archived