Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

They wouldn't necessarily have to adjust the speed for repairing blocks; just the amount that is repaired each time. ;) (Aka more than 5% per shot.)

Speaking of bases, I think one reason I fell out of love with 7D2D in A17 is when it came to base building, all I was doing was copying the most efficient bases possible, block for block. That's why I loved madmole's bases, especially his first one. He basically "winged it". He gave it character, and he experimented. It failed in the end (his former "horde base"), but he tinkered, experimented... That's what made me fall in love with building in 7D2D in the first place. As of A18, no more tutorial videos. No more listening to the masses. Just me and my brain. :p

I'd like a little more speed though 😏 Although increasing the repair % may do the job just as well.

It would have to be tested though against the clawhammer by another gamer who is tech savvy enough to create a video like the one Orsey posted.

How's your base coming along? And what are your thoughts on blocks now? If I remember right, MadMole said he didn't want block degradation, just the block creation with huge hp which disappears when broken.

I think it would be quite sad, maybe not easy to balance. What would people be doing with rocks if you only needed steel to make the strongest blocks in the game 🙄 (Late on when iron isn't a problem)

Also, I would miss the protective 'skin' of steel being smashed off as the block degrades to concrete. It's a really nice feature that would take a little something away if it were lost.

My new gauntlet trap, seems to work ok already with most of one side loaded. Getting 500 darts per trap minimum is some grinding. No luck finding any SMG to build any more turrets.

uhoh... @madmole

You are aiming the dart traps for the head.... Dogs, Spiders, and crawlers will skip out on them.

I'd like a little more speed though �� Although increasing the repair % may do the job just as well.

It would have to be tested though against the clawhammer by another gamer who is tech savvy enough to create a video like the one Orsey posted.

How's your base coming along? And what are your thoughts on blocks now? If I remember right, MadMole said he didn't want block degradation, just the block creation with huge hp which disappears when broken.

I think it would be quite sad, maybe not easy to balance. What would people be doing with rocks if you only needed steel to make the strongest blocks in the game �� (Late on when iron isn't a problem)

Also, I would miss the protective 'skin' of steel being smashed off as the block degrades to concrete. It's a really nice feature that would take a little something away if it were lost.

I've honestly just been doing killing corridors for a while now (not much inspiration floating up in my mind of mine), but I'm going back to A16 for a "final run" (200% loot, etc.) just for the fun of it, while waiting for A18, whenever it arrives.

I see it as... interesting. I would prefer the degrading feature, since if I see a reinforced concrete block among my steel ones I know I HAVE to upgrade it/repair it, but like many systems, I'll wait until it's implemented to give it a full assessment. (:

I've honestly just been doing killing corridors for a while now (not much inspiration floating up in my mind of mine), but I'm going back to A16 for a "final run" (200% loot, etc.) just for the fun of it, while waiting for A18, whenever it arrives.

I see it as... interesting. I would prefer the degrading feature, since if I see a reinforced concrete block among my steel ones I know I HAVE to upgrade it, but like many systems, I'll wait until it's implemented to give it a full assessment. (:

I'm with you. Hopefully not much longer now, if you want something else to do head over to the recipe sticky and throw some suggestions in there 😬

The most valuable loot I think you can have in A17. Bones.

Besides, it's a tier two quest building. If you do quests, you might run into it sooner or later.

Bones are so common I'd never go to the dog poi for some, animals and vultures attack me all the time and I get their bones. I think I had 250 glue a while back.

I'm with you. Hopefully not much longer now, if you want something else to do head over to the recipe sticky and throw some suggestions in there

The recipe sticky? Where's that? :p (Too tired to head there tonight.) I want a recipe for a pizza stuffed inside a turkey with the whole thing deep fried and dipped in chocolate. ;)

I have a hunch it would take a big bite out of performance. It's been the demise of many a good idea. Which is a shame, builder types could use some more progression. MM has said as much too. On that note: MM, I remember you saying something about new wrench tools, tiered like weapons; I think it went monkey wrench -> ratchet -> impact wrench. Is that an A18 thing?

No A19-20.

The recipe sticky? Where's that? :p (Too tired to head there tonight.) I want a recipe for a pizza stuffed inside a turkey with the whole thing deep fried and dipped in chocolate. ;)

Well that will definitely showcase the new and upcoming vomiting animation 😂😂

On the main page theres a sticky. MadMole requested some recipe suggestions. I left some suggestions there 😬

Edit: While I'm on the vomiting animation, MadMole, if you see this - could I suggest adding a serious dehydration debuff to that?

Vomiting puts you at risk of serious dehydration, especially repeated and profuse. Just a thought 😊

uhoh... @madmole

You are aiming the dart traps for the head.... Dogs, Spiders, and crawlers will skip out on them.

If I get time I'll bust out some lower blocks and fill with more traps, but the way I see it I was able to open/close a door and win, so if traps get 80% of the zeds some damage i'm happy.

That is what I'm saying the old glitchy dogs were crazy hard and I still took down 19 with a club. Now they are nothing compared to the old glitchy dogs so I wanted to make them tougher but got some resistance on the topic.

Hahaha...guess rick doesnt want to relive this Hitler video lol....

Archived