Remove minibike being able to kill animals

Robeloto

On my server everyone have started to kill all bears and other animals with just the use of the minibike. I want to prevent this somehow. I guess this is not an easy xml edit fix. Would be glad if someone knew how to fix this. One solution is to remove all vehicles, but that is the last solution I want to use.

On my server everyone have started to kill all bears and other animals with just the use of the minibike. I want to prevent this somehow. I guess this is not an easy xml edit fix. Would be glad if someone knew how to fix this. One solution is to remove all vehicles, but that is the last solution I want to use.

Can I ask what the issue is with player killing bears with a vehicle? Seems like you may be "making a mountain out of a molehill".

Killing a 2 ton bear with a little minibike is not realistic. And not fun in any way. You also can kill zombies with it. Whats the point in weapons then?

There are a TON of "not realistic" things in this game..... It's a zombie game for one lol. Just seems that you picked an issue to be upset about that is so minor. It's your server though....

Who cares about the details, someone has a request for modification. I wish I could help, but hopefully someone will.

Is this the way it's always gonna be when someone asks for help? Nobody helps unless you have outlined the reasoning behind wanting a modification and it conforms to what the majority of people want?

You could drastically reduce the degradation of them in the items.xml. Make it like 10 so that sure they can kill a bear with it, but the bear will kill it in the process forcing them to burn through repair kits. That will discourage them from driving a minibike so recklessly.

Who cares about the details, someone has a request for modification. I wish I could help, but hopefully someone will.

Is this the way it's always gonna be when someone asks for help? Nobody helps unless you have outlined the reasoning behind wanting a modification and it conforms to what the majority of people want?

Thank you!

You could drastically reduce the degradation of them in the items.xml. Make it like 10 so that sure they can kill a bear with it, but the bear will kill it in the process forcing them to burn through repair kits. That will discourage them from driving a minibike so recklessly.

I just tried it and it works, but whenever I drive over a small stone, I lose like 90% of my minibike and that feels a bit too harsh. Tried tweaking it a bit, but seems I need to have it that low to get it destroyed by driving into the animals. =/ If I could make it so people would lose more of their minibikes when driving into animals than driving over small stones, that would be nice. Thanks for your tip though!

You might also try adding this property to the vehicleMinibike or any other vehicle in entityclasses.xml

<property name="EntityDamage" value="0"/>

I have no idea if it still works or not.

I tried it and it does not seem to work. Thanks anyway!

edit:

Is there a way to make the minibike not collide with certain things? Maybe so the minibike wont collide with entities (zombies/animals)? I saw the collide values in blocks.xml, but not in the entityclasses..

edit:

Is there a way to make the minibike not collide with certain things? Maybe so the minibike wont collide with entities (zombies/animals)? I saw the collide values in blocks.xml, but not in the entityclasses..

I noticed in 17.2 experimental that the fun pimps have changed collision parameters, I am testing new modlet stuff at the moment and by default my bicycle does not get any damage from small stones and thats not something my modlets are doing.

I have not tested much further but it seems that part of your wishes may be answered in 17.2 when it goes stable.

Not tested against animals in vanilla yet but using Guppy's vehicle madness overhaul I ran into a bear and it simply got up and came after me so I drove off lol.

Archived