Signs

fragtzack

First off, glad for the wooden signs that players can put word(s) on. These are great for organizing the base loot. Almost every player organizes in some fashion more or less. Think these signs went in with a16 or a15.

However..

Tis annoying as hell that if you put the sign on a crate(for storing), the sign is still clickable to edit. The player goes to open his crate, but then accidentally opens the sign modify instead.

Please make a lock or something so the sign is perm, cannot be clicked for modify anymore. This would probably be the easiest coding route with minimal effort of all the choices. A mod out there does this method, much better than vanilla

Better still would be paint on words to existing textures instead of a block item. .Understood that paint on letters to fit in a single block would be a lot more coding/work though.

Please.

Some mod (during A16) had storage containers with "innate" text option. Only saw it on video though, but I think it was selectable via the radial menu and the texture of the box itself behaved like the sign. Would be pretty neat in vanilla as well.

Among many bases and maps i had in A15, A16 and A17 so far, I only had like 2 or 3 bases where i put signs on crates. The reasons were of course problems with clicking the crates themselves.

Didn't know about any mods for this, gonna have to look this up later...

I would really like some more writable objects!

Because the signs look really primitive in a high tech, reinforced concrete and electronics base.

Yet they're too advanced for game start and don't fit in a wood frame-based building either, because they require nails.

I would like to see a progression like:

Rough wood board: Current graphics, but doesn't require nails

Wooden Sign: Better looking finish, does require nails

Metal Sign: Requires iron and paint

Chalk board: Model is already in the game, make it craftable and writeable

Archived