Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

Since Alpha 11.1 - alloc's fixes just simply don't work. FRT won't connect. WEBMOD is killing server performance. If other's are experiencing the same problem, i'll upload screens/logs. Reinstalled several times already.

What do you mean by alloc's fixes not working?

They are working correctly for me. Installation is as simple as copying the files over the existing ones in the root of the Ded server.

Pings are screwed, steamworks is throwing up errors and the network code reports the LAN IP of players instead of their internet facing one but otherwise it is mostly working.

Performance is terrible across the board - that's the Ded server itself, A11 is horribly inefficient in comparison to A10 and A10 wasn't very good at all.

the network code reports the LAN IP of players instead of their internet facing one but otherwise it is mostly working.

That sounds like a security issue... I hope it's just reporting local IP, and not actually punching a hole through the firewall

... I dont know how can I install "Mods" so I can get these admin commands ...

Just extract the archive as is to your server folder, it will put all files where they belong (unless you have it create a subfolder for the extracted archive first).

Don't blame us that you can't spend time with your gf because TFP is making you work over the weekend. You don't have to be rude, you could have just acknowledged that the teleport doesn't work and you'll see if you can fix it next week.

TFP don't make me work, this is still a spare time project and I also support it in my spare time. If I get asked stuff that's answered on the documentation again and again that's really frustrating because it costs my time to basically read it for others.

LP reports internal network IPs not player internet IPs:

Yep, but that's the core game (or more exactly external code). I can't change that but we will be looking into if/how this could possibly be fixed on our end. But I fear I know the answer to that already :(

Since Alpha 11.1 - alloc's fixes just simply don't work. FRT won't connect. WEBMOD is killing server performance. If other's are experiencing the same problem, i'll upload screens/logs. Reinstalled several times already.

Other than the teleport issue there's been no reports on anything not working.

That sounds like a security issue... I hope it's just reporting local IP, and not actually punching a hole through the firewall

It's just Steam giving that IP, and that's not a security issue ;)

It's only annoying because you can't block IPs that way :(

Hey alloc no rush as everything is usable without this, but seems like a strange error after updating to A11.1 (fresh install), FRT 1.0.5.0 and the latest 226 for the fixes

Map works, can run the added commands and most work, li, give, rendermap etc

I know its said teleport doesnt work, does that include /home /sethome? Mine says "saved point" but wont actually go so figured its because of that or that it doesn't show the fix version so its not syncing correctly or something.

So far setup is:

7daystodie\Mods

7daystodie\7daystodie_data\managed\the two fixes files

7daystodie\webserver

Thanks for the awesome work you do, much appreciated

Capture.jpg.f676aab96bbded1d35983e132acf3585.jpg

I know its said teleport doesnt work, does that include /home /sethome?

Those are not real commands but stuff that's added a layer above the actual game commands by FRT's SM. But they are most likely using teleport so yes, they won't work.

So far setup is:

7daystodie\Mods

7daystodie\7daystodie_data\managed\the two fixes files

7daystodie\webserver

You don't need the webserver folder in root anymore, it's included in the WebInterface mod :)

any one get teleport to work (correctly)?

Really? It's even being talked about in the post prior to yours :(

Going to upload a new build in the next minutes which fixes teleport.

I've read through the last few pages and searched this thread for this, so I apologize if it's been asked and answered.

It seems that the leaflet portion of my install of Alloc's isn't working. I can get to the page and it loads the background but there are no maps displayed and none of the leaflet UI items show up. Is anyone else experiencing this? Any help would be appreciated.

This worked fine with 10.x and is not working since 11.0 or 11.1. I've verified the file structure is correct and everything seems to be there. I've removed the 'webserver' from my root folder. I've tried it in IE, Chrome and Firefox.

It seems that the leaflet portion of my install of Alloc's isn't working. I can get to the page and it loads the background but there are no maps displayed and none of the leaflet UI items show up. Is anyone else experiencing this? Any help would be appreciated.

This worked fine with 10.x and is not working since 11.0 or 11.1. I've verified the file structure is correct and everything seems to be there. I've removed the 'webserver' from my root folder. I've tried it in IE, Chrome and Firefox.

So you got the Mods/AllocsWebInterface folder with the DLL and the webserver subfolder?

If that server is accessible from the internet and you don't mind giving me the connection data (PM) I could check if there's something going wrong on the web content. Also you could post your server's log.

Teleport has some issues. Players get teleported and keep falling through the world. Currently I can only TP with godmode enabled to stop falling. It seems to ignore the y coordinate and TP just below ground level

Yeah, got that reported already, have to figure out why it doesn't work right.

(I assume you are talking about player teleporting to another player though?)

So you got the Mods/AllocsWebInterface folder with the DLL and the webserver subfolder?

If that server is accessible from the internet and you don't mind giving me the connection data (PM) I could check if there's something going wrong on the web content. Also you could post your server's log.

Yeah, got that reported already, have to figure out why it doesn't work right.

(I assume you are talking about player teleporting to another player though?)

No, player to player TP seems to work better. The Tele player x y z is not working. It seems to tp just below the surface even when I specify a y coord

I added the server fixes and the alloc fixes light comes on green but nothing is working. Where it shows the version there isn't anything there. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong?

This has to do with Fronttek's Server manager not Allocs fixes, you will have to wait until the Server Manager is completely updated to the new release to see these changes.

Both p2p teleport and x y z teleport are broken for me. p2p usually ends up with the player in the ground and x y z ends up falling through the ground about 50% of the time. if I do the same x y z teleport twice in a row I can usually get it on the second try.

Both p2p teleport and x y z teleport are broken for me. p2p usually ends up with the player in the ground and x y z ends up falling through the ground about 50% of the time. if I do the same x y z teleport twice in a row I can usually get it on the second try.

Teleporting to a part of the map (chunk) that isn't loaded causes players to fall through it. That's why it works the second time because it's loaded. We need a method of pre-loading the chunk right before teleporting, and I'm not sure that's something Alloc can do easily...

I use lowlatency servers. And TCadmin. On the tcadmin it has a mod button to install Allocs server improvements. No matter what every time I install it I cant get into my server. Says, failed to retrieve server information. I uninstall it and it works fine. I cant use any server manager because of this. I have reinstalled the game over and over. Done the steam updates and then the allocs. Still same thing. Please if anyone can help me I would appreciate it so much. Thanks

This is what I get when I try to manually place the files into my server with fillzilla. Access denied on the 2 important files. Any reason why this is?

tatus: Starting upload of C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\7DaysToDie_Data1\Managed\7dtd-server-fixes.dll

Command: TYPE I

Response: 200 Command okay.

Command: PASV

Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (75,127,5,186,19,136).

Command: STOR 7dtd-server-fixes.dll

Response: 500 Access denied.

Error: Critical file transfer error

Status: Starting upload of C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\7DaysToDie_Data1\Managed\7dtd-server-fixes2.dll

Command: STOR 7dtd-server-fixes2.dll

Status: Starting upload of C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\7DaysToDie_Data1\Managed\7dtd-server-fixes_version.txt

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...

Status: File transfer successful, transferred 33 bytes in 1 second

Status: Starting upload of C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\7DaysToDie_Data1\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll

Command: STOR Assembly-CSharp.dll

Status: Starting upload of C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\7DaysToDie_Data1\Managed\7dtd-server-fixes2.dll

Command: CWD /75.127.5.186_27050/7DaysToDie_Data1/Managed

Response: 250 CWD command successful.

Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (75,127,5,186,19,139).

Status: Retrieving directory listing of "/75.127.5.186_27050/7DaysToDie_Data1"...

Status: Directory listing of "/75.127.5.186_27050/7DaysToDie_Data1" successful

Status: Retrieving directory listing of "/75.127.5.186_27050/7DaysToDie_Data1/Managed"...

Status: Directory listing of "/75.127.5.186_27050/7DaysToDie_Data1/Managed" successful

Status: Starting download of /75.127.5.186_27050/7DaysToDie_Data1/Managed/7dtd-server-fixes_version.txt

Status: Starting upload of C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\7DaysToDie_Data1\Managed\7dtd-server-fixes_version.txt

Status: Starting upload of C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\7DaysToDie_Data1\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll

Command: STOR Assembly-CSharp.dll

so there is nothing I can do for it right now till front runner tek updates? because it updated to 1.0.5.0 and it still didn't work, how are you checking players inventory so you know they are not hackers??

- - - Updated - - -

This has to do with Fronttek's Server manager not Allocs fixes, you will have to wait until the Server Manager is completely updated to the new release to see these changes.

so there is nothing I can do for it right now till front runner tek updates? because it updated to 1.0.5.0 and it still didn't work, how are you checking players inventory so you know they are not hackers??

- - - Updated - - -

Try running a command from ingame console ~

https://7dtd.illy.bz/wiki/Server%20fixes#Newcommandsforin-gameconsolecontrolpanelandTelnet

If you typed si from the console it should "Usage: ShowInventory <playername>"

If that works then allocs fixes are working - you can then use si playername from the console to check their inv

FRT is working but not showing version for me either. I can check inv from within it or use the method above.

Cheers

Restarted my server, Loaded server up got on webmap. I assume this happen when I closed the webmap not 100% when. but figured I would post it for you Alloc.

2015-04-07T13:42:39 193.944 INF Error in ApiHandler.HandleRequest(): Handler threw an exception: System.IO.IOException: Write failure ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send (System.Byte[] buf, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags flags) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
 at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at System.Net.ResponseStream.InternalWrite (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at System.Net.ResponseStream.Write (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.API.WebAPI.WriteJSON (System.Net.HttpListenerResponse resp, AllocsFixes.JSON.JSONNode root) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.API.GetPlayersLocation.HandleRequest (System.Net.HttpListenerRequest req, System.Net.HttpListenerResponse resp, System.Net.HttpListenerBasicIdentity user) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.ApiHandler.HandleRequest (System.Net.HttpListenerRequest req, System.Net.HttpListenerResponse resp, System.Net.HttpListenerBasicIdentity user) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
2015-04-07T13:42:39 193.946 INF Error in Web.HandleRequest(): System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot be changed after headers are sent.
 at System.Net.HttpListenerResponse.set_StatusCode (Int32 value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.ApiHandler.HandleRequest (System.Net.HttpListenerRequest req, System.Net.HttpListenerResponse resp, System.Net.HttpListenerBasicIdentity user) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.Web.HandleRequest (IAsyncResult result) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Hello,

I have a problem with my dedicated server and those extensions, somehow after I logoff and logon back again to the server, everytime I am loosing map data of the surroundings I've already explored. The same is for all others that joined my server. I wonder if this can be something with the Maprender tool? I executed rendermap command but still have this issue.

In output logs I see:

2015-04-08T02:57:37 663.178 INF Blocked processing NetPackage_MapPosition (sender3's steamId="*hidden*")!

Does anyone knows what could cause this?

I use lowlatency servers. And TCadmin. On the tcadmin it has a mod button to install Allocs server improvements. No matter what every time I install it I cant get into my server. Says, failed to retrieve server information. I uninstall it and it works fine. I cant use any server manager because of this. I have reinstalled the game over and over. Done the steam updates and then the allocs. Still same thing. Please if anyone can help me I would appreciate it so much. Thanks

Sounds like an issue with what they install for you and I can't do anything about that. You'll have to get lowlatency to figure that out. I would assume they use an outdated version of the mod.

Hey Alloc,

I'm trying to make a custom 'mod' using your ModApi.

Right now I have a consolecommand that should give player an item to their inventory like this:

CommonMappingFunctions.GetEntityPlayer(ci).inventory.AddItem(invField);

it does return true but it does not add any item to inventory, anything I missed? or is this just not possible?