Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

Please re-read the big red text on the wiki-page for the fixes and compare it to this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\"

Wow, I apologize, I usually just use the server inside the game folder, I just presumed that was the dedicated one everyone was talking about. I had no idea there was one under tools.

I should be good now, thanks Alloc. :)

Here's my log without server fixes: http://pastebin.com/jpuzhCXp

Here's my log with server fixes: http://pastebin.com/sz3XVAN1

Thanks for the quick replies. :)

Error while reading AssetBundle header!

(Filename:  Line: 597)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at cl00bc.md0006 (System.String _bundleName, System.String _objName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Something wrong with your files maybe? Is this a fresh install from scratch????

Error while reading AssetBundle header!

(Filename:  Line: 597)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at cl00bc.md0006 (System.String _bundleName, System.String _objName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Something wrong with your files maybe? Is this a fresh install from scratch????

It works now, I installed the ACTUAL 7 Days to Die Dedicated Server from steam tools.

It's all good now. Thanks for your help.

Hey guys! Im kinda struggling with the teleport command, whenever I use it, say like

tele Ahrim [someotherpplhere] or tele Ahrim x y z

It would teleport me to my current location with some warnings saying Im stuck on the floor.

Any ideas how to use the command?

Hey guys! Im kinda struggling with the teleport command, whenever I use it, say like

tele Ahrim [someotherpplhere] or tele Ahrim x y z

It would teleport me to my current location with some warnings saying Im stuck on the floor.

Any ideas how to use the command?

Teleport is off, it is no longer accurate and sends you into the void.

Wow, I apologize, I usually just use the server inside the game folder, I just presumed that was the dedicated one everyone was talking about. I had no idea there was one under tools.

I should be good now, thanks Alloc. :)

As long as it works now and you learned a lesson about reading documentation I'm happy ;)

As long as it works now and you learned a lesson about reading documentation I'm happy ;)

it's possible to have gained more stability and fps with your fix or is a placebo? where i can read the a11 changes? thank you

No A11 changes besides restructuring code. And it's quite unlikely that it will improve anything stability/performance related (besides the obvious "Telnet" improvement).

can you link me some useful info about telnet? thank you mate

No A11 changes besides restructuring code. And it's quite unlikely that it will improve anything stability/performance related (besides the obvious "Telnet" improvement).

Alloc, any update on teleport? Still not working after hotfix :(

teleport still broke after 11.1

I've tried starting a new world, reinstalled local client but no success yet. The output log file doesnt show any errors for the mods. The give command and web interface work fine.

Any other log files I should check?

the server is hosted by Bluefang if that matters

Any ideas why, with this update, the web map now requires a login?

Documentation states how to enable, go the other way round and you got it disabled...

can you link me some useful info about telnet? thank you mate

Not sure what you're talking about, if you want to know about the changes: RTFM

Alloc, any update on teleport? Still not working after hotfix :(

Release notes didn't say anything about teleport so there's been no change.

Alloc: Please note v.76 (2015-04-04) hook playerConnect $6 is missing client IP.

Wrong thread.

teleport still broke after 11.1

Won't help to have every second post in this thread stating this.

Sorry if this sounds a rude but most of the questions in here could be solved by looking at the documentation. Instead I have to spend my free easter weekend in here answering that instead of spending the time with my gf .... :(

Hey Alloc. Thank you for these improvements. I just want to ask you, do you have some stepbystep install manual? I dont know how can I install "Mods" so I can get these admin commands :) I have currently only that Assembly dll installed.

Thanks a lot for any info.

Neto.

Sorry if this sounds a rude but most of the questions in here could be solved by looking at the documentation. Instead I have to spend my free easter weekend in here answering that instead of spending the time with my gf .... :(

Don't blame us that you can't spend time with your gf because TFP is making you work over the weekend. You don't have to be rude, you could have just acknowledged that the teleport doesn't work and you'll see if you can fix it next week.

Edited by Soylent (see edit history)

I don't think anyone really minds if teleport and a few other things stay broken over the Easter weekend. Not exactly a show stopper. The fix for the Ded server crashes was very much appreciated but from here we can wait so any time spent is in this thread is up to you mate.

Happy easter ;)

For after Easter:

LP reports internal network IPs not player internet IPs:

1. id=452, Tweedilderp, pos=(-1129.5, 63.2, -13172.3), rot=(5.0, -182.9, 0.0), remote=True, health=76, deaths=1, zombies=68, players=0, score=63, steamid=765611xxx5701426, ip=192.168.42.75, ping=95
2. id=8674, SilentChilli, pos=(-2402.3, 64.1, 5575.3), rot=(-9.8, 139.2, 0.0), remote=True, health=81, deaths=2, zombies=543, players=0, score=539, steamid=76561197989454460, ip=192.168.1.100, ping=83
3. id=89720, Path911, pos=(-143.6, 70.8, 1464.7), rot=(-11.3, 98.4, 0.0), remote=True, health=100, deaths=0, zombies=0, players=0, score=0, steamid=765611981046xx580, ip=192.168.0.6, ping=74
4. id=89532, WackoPants, pos=(-66.5, 66.7, -789.2), rot=(-42.2, 21.1, 0.0), remote=True, health=80, deaths=0, zombies=0, players=0, score=0, steamid=765611980026xx43, ip=192.168.1.43, ping=160
Total of 4 in the game