Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

I need help real bad, thought I would ask the only person I know that has any idea about this stuff so I am posting here hoping Allocs sees it and gives me a big hand so I do not have to wipe the server.

It started with me going to a players house because someone placed redwood about 200 blocks in the sky so I removed the wood fine with no problems, I then went to the ground ate glass to kill myself and return home when I did this I spawned on my bedroll and died again instantly after spawning, Then everyone on the server got kicked off so we all logged back in and when I got on I died again because of being dead on server crash. After that everything went crazy, Here are all the errors I am finding.

This is before the first crash soon after eating glass.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at StaticDirectories+scl0001.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

This is after server manager auto restarted the server after the crash.

NullReferenceException
 at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component:InternalGetTransform ()
 at UnityEngine.Component.get_transform () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at EntityPlayer.getHeadPosition () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at cl007a.mdv003c () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at cl0053.md0002 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at cl0006.updateTasks () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at cl0006.OnUpdateLive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at cl005b.OnUpdateLive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at cl0006.OnUpdateEntity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at EntityZombieCop.OnUpdateEntity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at World.md005b (Single _partialTicks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

These are after loading the server and now spams the logs every time the server is loaded.

at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

10.761 Error in ListPlayersExtended.Run: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at AllocsFixes.CustomCommands.ListPlayersExtended.Run (System.String[] _params) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

10.992 Error in GetTime.Run: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at AllocsFixes.CustomCommands.GetTime.Run (System.String[] _params) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

This is while saving and shutting down the server.

at GameManager.SaveWorld () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GameManager.SaveAndCleanupWorld () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GameManager.Cleanup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at ConnectionManager.OnDisconnectedFromServer (NetworkDisconnection info) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.Network:Disconnect(Int32)
UnityEngine.Network:Disconnect()
GameManager:OnApplicationQuit()

I really do not want to have to wipe the server so I need someone with a brain to help me out here.

Edited by Lordicon (see edit history)

could try remove/rename some files starting with your <steamid>.ttp

if still a problem rename this file "AllocsPeristentData.bin"

start server and see if the problem goes away then you will know which file had the corrupted data.. if none of that then go onto removing the region filename that your base is in, and then all region files.

finally wipe server, you'll be doing it for a10 anyway :D though I plan to try keep the AllocsPeristentData.bin

could try remove/rename some files starting with your <steamid>.ttp

if still a problem rename this file "AllocsPeristentData.bin"

start server and see if the problem goes away then you will know which file had the corrupted data.. if none of that then go onto removing the region filename that your base is in, and then all region files.

finally wipe server, you'll be doing it for a10 anyway :D though I plan to try keep the AllocsPeristentData.bin

Had talondiablos help me out with this and we got it working we did some debugging by removing files renaming files etc, Seems the problem was in the save files with the file named main.ttw something ended up corrupted in there so renaming that file and letting the server generate a new one fixed the problem.. Just not sure if the main.ttw is part of allocs or if its from the core of the server.

Was wondering. Would it be possible for you to add a mute option in the mod? Sometimes people rage or harass other players in the chat. And I feel that a mute would be better then kicking/banning. Would be great to set a timer. Like mute someones steam ID for 2 hours or 15 minutes...

Was wondering. Would it be possible for you to add a mute option in the mod? Sometimes people rage or harass other players in the chat. And I feel that a mute would be better then kicking/banning. Would be great to set a timer. Like mute someones steam ID for 2 hours or 15 minutes...

Heh funny should have been requesting tfp to add player muting to the server, the reason you can't do it in a mod (unless it was something alot more advanced like derpopo anticheat mod) is currently because of the same reasons we can't do player /text commands so that no other player can see the text command only the server where it can control what is sent back to other connected clients.

Something Alloc might fix in the core now that he works on the game?

Congratulations Alloc on being part of the staff! I know you deserved it for ages!

I wanted to ask you, do you know whether your 7dtd-server-fixes will/should work mostly for A10 ? We added quite a bit of nice improvements in it but I am now waiting for A10 to avoid having to recode everything in case A10 breaks most/all of it.

The anticheat measures we've added work very well and this is all thanks to your work and dedication.

I have added a list of duplication bugs and other issues to madmole yesterday as per his instructions and I hope it will be useful in eradicating the bugs.

I also wanted to point out that I don't know if it's because of the 7dtd-server-fixes.dll's implementation of the inventory update on client disconnection or the game itself, the inventory doesn't get updated on disconnect or game exit which can make people lose or gain items on their inventory (ALT+F4 causes this).

Thanks!

Neo

I think I can add such an option to my anti-cheat mod.

I also wanted to point out that I don't know if it's because of the 7dtd-server-fixes.dll's implementation of the inventory update on client disconnection or the game itself, the inventory doesn't get updated on disconnect or game exit which can make people lose or gain items on their inventory (ALT+F4 causes this).

The client sends the inventory to the server every 30th second (and the server writes it to the save file directly). The only way to solve this problem is synchronizing the inventory between client and server, which a server-only mod cannot do.

hey OP, i just spent the last few hours making a patcher and hooking a few methods (limited by the obfuscation). got a chat listener and a few other things down and felt good. i come into this forum and found this thread, checked out your project - patcher and deobber and literally dropped my project. Great job you have made amazing groundwork. the patcher looks beautiful compared to mine.

maybe later on ill fork it and contribute to hooks.

Alloc, is it possible to randomize the webserver port, or at least let us change it? I'm seeing more people guessing it (which is not very hard to do). Adding the password auth makes it time out every few minutes.

Yup, as Markezzz said you can change the port implicitly by the control panel port. In the future there will be an option just for this one. Also there will be the new authentication which shouldn't give you any trouble anyway :)

Yup, as Markezzz said you can change the port implicitly by the control panel port. In the future there will be an option just for this one. Also there will be the new authentication which shouldn't give you any trouble anyway :)

Sounds Great Alloc. :)

Alloc for Server President! :D Give us the sugar for our servers. ;o) *jokeling*

Alloc did and does unbelievably great work. I can't wait to see what he will be able to do now that he is part of the staff.

I am waiting for A10 to see the changes and see if they break the files or not before I continue adding new functions.

Thanks again,

Neo

Hey Alloc Really important question. I opened a new server with Ping Perfect. they installed the alloc files mod on your site. It works... but every 2-3 hours it glitches my server. and players can no longer re enter the server. they get stuck at the waiting screen. do you have any idea why this is happening and how to fix it? ( i never had this problem with my blackbox server )

How do i aquire the logs? In which folder would it be on Tcadmin?

By default:

Windows: 7DaysToDie_Data/output_log.txt

Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/The Fun Pimps/7 Days To Die/player.log

Linux with my scripts: /home/sdtd/instances/<name>/logs/current_output.log

MacOS: somewhere in the users profile folder.

Don't ask me whether Tcadmin influences this, I never used it ,)