Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

how can i see the name of the region? Can i change the color, maybe to red or black?

webserver/js/index.js lines 122 and 123, will affect both the grid lines and the strings. Though you probably won't easily find a a color that will be easy to read on every background ;)

Does this mod allow the server to set up a "Message of the day" type message to appear to each player when they first log in?

No.

How can I erase/remove banned players from the Map browser? Been looking "everywhere"..

You would have to edit the AllocsPersistentData.bin, but this won't be easy to do manually.

But that's a good point, will add a command or something to clean up this list.

Can anyone confirm if the latest alloc fixes from A11.4 work with A11.5?

Seems not to work. I reapplied Allocs Fixes for 11.4, and after server restart the server itself was back to 11.4, so I had to remove the fixes. I hope Alloc will bring out new fixes soon, to get FRT and Webmod working properly.

So I might be one of the only few who didn't do this right, but I have been searching everywhere before asking, and I can't find a straightforward answer anywhere. I got my files installed correctly (indicated by the green dot next to "alloc's fixes" on the SM), but I can't seem to get mapping to work? Are there some other steps I need to take to be able to get the map to show everything that's been done?

I saw somewhere about entering a code to render the map, but I can't seem to find it anymore. The map would really help for our events. Thanks in advance for the help!

What would be the benefit of having server improvements on the client?

Worded that wrong, shoudl have asked if the fixes would eventually be packaged with the official dedicated server. So when updates happen and we update our servers, your fixes will also be updated. Just eliminates a step when patches come out.

So I might be one of the only few who didn't do this right, but I have been searching everywhere before asking, and I can't find a straightforward answer anywhere. I got my files installed correctly (indicated by the green dot next to "alloc's fixes" on the SM), but I can't seem to get mapping to work? Are there some other steps I need to take to be able to get the map to show everything that's been done?

I saw somewhere about entering a code to render the map, but I can't seem to find it anymore. The map would really help for our events. Thanks in advance for the help!

Is the port necessary for the map to work opened on your server side? It's always webpanel port +2. You could try to see the map in your browser by entering http://YourServersIP:webpanelport+2/static/index.html (f.e.http://XX.XXX.XXX.X:XXX52/static/index.html)

Worded that wrong, shoudl have asked if the fixes would eventually be packaged with the official dedicated server. So when updates happen and we update our servers, your fixes will also be updated. Just eliminates a step when patches come out.

Ok, that makes more sense ;)

Well, a lot of it was moved over, the rest is probably getting integrated later on. For now it's just not really stable enough to "force" it on everyone and have it seen as something official.

At least starting with A12 it shouldn't require to replace the AC# anymore so that possible mistake should be removed.

but I can't seem to get mapping to work?

What exactly does not work? Does the game not open the additional web port (controlpanelport + 2), does it only show a blank map, something else?

Server log?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey - i'm using a servermanager that relies heavily on Allocs fixes, and since the 11.5 patch everything seems to be a lot more delayed than before.

Nothing on the game / mod changed from 11.4 to 11.5 regarding console / commands.

Is it one of those online managers? Maybe it just has more load to handle now that probably a few more people are playing again for a few days?

Is the port necessary for the map to work opened on your server side? It's always webpanel port +2. You could try to see the map in your browser by entering http://YourServersIP:webpanelport+2/static/index.html (f.e.http://XX.XXX.XXX.X:XXX52/static/index.html)

I managed to see the rendered map going through mod folder and opening the index.html, but it only shows the basic map, no online/offline players or land claims. I have access to the hosting machine itself, so I do not use a webpanel (I think?). I tried both my telnet and control panel ports after my IP and no success. Am I missing a step? I can access the map and render it, just missing the ability to see the players.

Nothing on the game / mod changed from 11.4 to 11.5 regarding console / commands. Is it one of those online managers? Maybe it just has more load to handle now that probably a few more people are playing again for a few days?

Hey boss,

Chipping in from the Cloud-based Server Manager -- here is what I'm seeing.

Prior to Alpha 11.5, things worked fine and lightning quick.

However, now with Alpha 11.5, it appear that PM's sent in rapid succession appear to experience some sort of 'buffering'.

---------------

Consider the following:

The /wallet command - responds only a single PM. It remains working 100% of the time, without fail.

However, the /money command responds with a list of the top 10 richest players.

This amounts to 10 separate PMs being sent.

However, in Alpha 11.5 - only the first two list items will ever get sent upon command entry.

After the first two are sent, the remainder will "wait" for anything else to interact with chat - be it a player, or console command.

As soon as something interacts with the chat, the following 8 list items come piling through.

The same applies for other commands which use more than two or three PMs.

-----------------

Now, you have suggested that increased server load may be the issue, but this is definitely not the case with the CBSM.

See my logic:

The /money command does all the processing at once, and then begins to send the results in a simple WHILE statement. So, if there was a resource issue, the initial two list items would never have made it so lightning quick.

-----------------

Additional notes:

On both LAN, and various other test servers:

There is a 5% - 20% failure rate (specifically the tail-half) with a simple: while(i < 100 ; i++) { send pm }

Sending blank help commands to flush this 'buffer' seems to assist, and will eventually obtain a success rate closer to 100%

When the commands/PMs are stuck in this buffer/limbo - they do not appear in the Telnet console, even though the script that sent them has stopped processing. As usual, once something interacts with the chat, they flush through and appear in Telnet at that time.

Perhaps this is helpful. Thanks for your efforts!

I managed to see the rendered map going through mod folder and opening the index.html, but it only shows the basic map, no online/offline players or land claims. I have access to the hosting machine itself, so I do not use a webpanel (I think?). I tried both my telnet and control panel ports after my IP and no success. Am I missing a step? I can access the map and render it, just missing the ability to see the players.

Try it with your Control Panel Port +2, so if your Control Panel Port is 22550 (only an example), use 22552.

Try it with your Control Panel Port +2, so if your Control Panel Port is 22550 (only an example), use 22552.

My Control Panel is enabled, and my port is 8080. So I tried (my IP):80802 and got nothing. Tried my 25000 port (25002, got "problem loading webpage). Like I said, I can render it and see the last render, but cant view it in real time.

...WoT...

So is it only the PMs or also e.g. say?

My Control Panel is enabled, and my port is 8080. So I tried (my IP):80802 and got nothing. Tried my 25000 port (25002, got "problem loading webpage). Like I said, I can render it and see the last render, but cant view it in real time.

Like *I* said:

What exactly does not work? Does the game not open the additional web port (controlpanelport + 2), does it only show a blank map, something else?

Server log?

@Alloc - Sadly, it is also for "say".

This perhaps may mean it is out of your domain.

If it helps, I can send the PHP script which will demonstrate the error issue. It will clearly show the script has finished processing, and sent the expected commands - while allowing you to see them continue to trickle into the console, long after the script has finished and stopped processing.