Tree falldamage

Viktoriusiii

I think this was removed in one of the last two alphas. I think the problem was that if falling trees kill zombies then falling trees could kill players.

Nope, A16 trees could kill zombies but wouldn't hurt you at all. I made a regular habit of running under my falling trees to get to the next one in line.

yep that is removed. i just chopped one down and it rocked back and forth on zombie's head before despawning. :)

was fun tho always trying to flatten a zombie with a tree.

I hated the tree fall damage, I had a habit of having the bad luck of the physics bugging out where the tree would fall, then flip over landing right on top of me. Usually happened on hillsides or if there was a rock in the fall path. I'll admit I laughed my arse off the first time I died from it due to how comical it looked that the tree hit the floor then flipped over and landed on me. After that soon as I swung the last hit on a tree and it hit i'd run like a bat out of hell away from the tree incase it comes back for revenge.

Nope, A16 trees could kill zombies but wouldn't hurt you at all. I made a regular habit of running under my falling trees to get to the next one in line.

technically jedo is right... he stated "I think this was removed in one of the last two alphas." a17 is one of the 2 alphas. :)

I hated the tree fall damage, I had a habit of having the bad luck of the physics bugging out where the tree would fall, then flip over landing right on top of me. Usually happened on hillsides or if there was a rock in the fall path. I'll admit I laughed my arse off the first time I died from it due to how comical it looked that the tree hit the floor then flipped over and landed on me. After that soon as I swung the last hit on a tree and it hit i'd run like a bat out of hell away from the tree incase it comes back for revenge.

Lol, im still in that habit, as soon as the tree starts falling, im off and running, once bitten twice shy :D

technically jedo is right... he stated "I think this was removed in one of the last two alphas." a17 is one of the 2 alphas. :)

Lol. Thanks, joe.

I didn't realize that they previously had differentiated between player damage from trees and zombie damage from trees. Who knows why they removed the zombie aspect now, but JCrook's practice might point toward the answer.

Archived