Where are the animals?

pahbi

I think you are just unlucky. I have seen many in the woods. And i read about people who found hordes of boars on the roofs .... Maybe your animals are there? ;)

Mh ... Bones ... If you find those little car-compounds or camps with tents. Go there. Most of them have Dogs in it.

It's just the luck of RNGesus. This morning for example I started a new RNG world with my brother. By the time we linked up around mid afternoon I had already came across and killed two boars, a buck and a rabbit. He had killed a boar and had to give up a doe because of zed interference. Meat was abundant and we were looking forward to getting fat on bacon and eggs. We had to leave the game because I developed computer troubles. After I resolved my issues we had to restart the save. Same seed, we spawned in about the same places we initially did... but not a critter in sight. Now we're skinny and starving. RNGesus.

I've seen plenty of buzzards, a couple chickens, 1 boar and 1 deer.

Without zombies to skin, the only source of bones is roadkill or animals, and roadkill doesn't yield much.

- P

I’ve found that biome is very important for animals. I’ve mostly found big animals in the forest. When I was previously in the snow and desert biomes, I found very few large meat animals, which left me feeling short on food all of the time.

Archived