<entity name="zombieBoeFeral" prob="0.104"/>

<entity name="zombieYo"/>

<entity name="zombieSpiderFeral" prob="0.104"/>

<entity name="zombieUtilityWorkerFeral" prob="0.104"/>

<entity name="zombieNurse"/>

<entity name="zombieSteve"/>

<entity name="zombieSpider" prob="0.104"/>

<entity name="zombieNurseFeral" prob="0.104"/>

So ummm we went from say GS 540 in A16 to GS 59 with radiated zombies starting to spawn. That means we are getting radiated zombie spawns before we can even make a forge in most cases.

Please say that this is a mistake lol

So if we go to the .xml and add a "1" in front of those gamestages, it'll pretty much go back to A16 levels?

Well unless GS calculations changed completely in what they mean you'd need to add a 5 in front of some lol. it would explain why we getting 6+ radiated ferals last night when the highest person in our group was level 14. I can't imagine these levels are intentional

I'm interested in this as well, playing with 3 other players. Nomad difficulty, everything default.

On our first horde night, we're all around lvl 13, so can't build any forges or anything like that. We had two cops and an irradiated spider zombie, and several vultures immediately spawn, while were were all using bows and arrows. We spent two days cutting trees, building spike traps, and preparing for the horde night, and they bashed through all our defenses, spike traps and killed us all in less than 3 minutes.

Hoping someone official gives us some feedback on it. Seeing a lot of threads about people just being destroyed becuase the ferals and irradiated spawn before there is any chance of having a base defense capable of handling them.

The only methods that seem to work is just ignore all base building and wait on the toughest building you can during horde bypassing the entire mechanic.

Wish we could ping mobs in this forum?

I said something unkind about Madmole earlier and it summoned Roland, maybe that would work! ;)

Roland probably read it and say you need to learn to adapt(ie learn to play better) like he did in another thread.

so far we went thru just 2 horde nights. both hiding on top of buildings. because dispite being anywhere from 5 the first night to 7 players the second night We barely got thru with more than half a building left. no ammo left at all either time. and the daily hordes were almost as bad. MY sister loves it, but I think its a bit over tuned.

Day 7 horde, not even got a forge up and running, horde arrives, puking zombie cops, zombies, vultures and dogs, I thought the idea was to ramp up the BM difficulty as time goes on. If madmole thinks a tower with cobblestone walls and a six deep layer of spikes is gonna stop a 7th day horde then he's playing a different game to what we are playing.

Any complaint without stating the GS and how many players there were is just wasted space.

3 Players with the following gamestages

Got a horde consisting of 5+ ferals, at least 6 radiated zombies, and 30+ other assorted ones.

Highest level person was level 15.

Any complaint without stating the GS and how many players there were is just wasted space.

Just me, level 13 and I had a mass of zeds, 2 puking cops and at least 2 vultures, all in the first horde on day 7, no mods, on default nomad, and I could care less about gamestage tbh, and wouldnt know where to look for it, im just playing the damn game... or rather trying to...

That's a combined GS of 99.

Personally I kept arguing for not ramping up the enemies so fast but in testing everyone kept asking for more and bigger. ;)

Yeah i'm all for harder difficulty, but there are several issues that combine togethor.

1. Log Spikes are gone which were the durable damage dealer for bases.

2. Without log spikes we have flimsy wood spikes that don't even effect irradiated zombies as they heal more then they can get damaged by them

3. With the new changes of locking stuff behind levels we physically can't make forges till level 20, we can't make any real meds till level 30, we can't make ammo ,we can't make guns

4. So we are fighting irradiated zombies with quality 2 bows and arrow wearing padded armor and perhaps a few pieces of armor we got lucky and found.

5. New AI means zombies focus on 1 spot

6. New zombie changes means they get bonuses when next to each other which stacks with #5

So all that combined with the massive change in when they spawn is OP

Archived