Forge and Bike need to be much sooner

konrax

Forge houses are easy to find. I rarely craft a forge in A16 because it's just not that hard to find one that works. So far I've not had any trouble finding on in A17, either. There is on in the forge house by the lake in Navezgane, and they are all over the place in random gen.

whatever happened to the actual books that we used to have to hunt down to learn the forge recipe?

How about reimplementing some (heck all) the books. Keep the level gating, but if you find a book and it's in your inventory, you can make said items. later on, as you level and choose the correct skills, the books become no longer needed (you've learned enough from the book to make the items yourself without the need for instructions)

Anyways, the bike is a small quality of life feature that should be available sooner and isn't going to break the game at all, it also will help more casual players achieve more in the limited time they have to play.

The forge and access to tools was handled well before when a forge was possible to get early but was very expensive to build, I think having it open up at level 10 as well with a considerable resource investment would blend well without taking away from cave man tools necessarily.

Yeah, currently the game is "out of breath simulator" for the first 10 hours. I don't need "everything" in the first few days, but I do need to have fun. Standing around waiting for stamina to recover isn't fun. Having to run/walk 2+ kilometers for every quest isn't fun.

Being held back and being challenged aren't the same thing. I don't have tons of time to play and feel like A17 punishes me for it.

I agree. The new stamina system is really problematic early game. I just started a new game and did some harvesting/zed killing (looted 1 small building) until noon day 1, and my max stamina has dropped almost 20%. It's extremely punishing. It's far from an insurmountable challenge, but it's not FUN; it's just a drag.

In A16 the early game was less tedious. I can understand wanting to structure the game so people don't beeline into the iron age ASAP, but a lot of us have jobs and ♥♥♥♥. If it's going to take me hours to get out of the early game, don't expect me to come running back to play through it again and again. I have 1400 hours in this game and it not because I love running out of stamina constantly.

Strange because I don't have the same experience - I rarely have to wait for my stamina to regen and recovering is a matter of a few seconds, since the regen is very fast - at level 1. Are you staying hydrated/well fed? And after getting the stamina perks, stamina feels kind of infinite.

Perhaps you had gotten used to never having to worry about stamina with the huge stamina pool of A16 and drinking water all the time? That's not how the game was supposed to be in the first place - the stamina bar was never meant to be mostly decorative.

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that you can break down a 3 stage boulder, with your stone axe while holding the left button without ever stopping to wait for stamina?

I'm not saying waiting is bad, I am trying to understand your assertion.

Thanks!

I agree that the bike needs to unlock earlier but the suggestion that the Forge should unlock at level 5 is a joke.

Yeah after thinking about it some more level 5 is too soon, but 10 wouldn't be too bad. Either that or add scrap iron tools / weapons you can unlock at level 10 to help out at the lower levels.

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that you can break down a 3 stage boulder, with your stone axe while holding the left button without ever stopping to wait for stamina?

Yes, even tested it in game to one of the boulders lying around. Your pool is enough to break one. But even if it wasn't, it wouldn't matter because you would use the stamina you have, craft something or move on. Trying to get 1000 stone in one go without mixing your actions is not going to cut it.

Yes, even tested it in game to one of the boulders lying around. Your pool is enough to break one. But even if it wasn't, it wouldn't matter because you would use the stamina you have, craft something or move on. Trying to get 1000 stone in one go without mixing your actions is not going to cut it.

Interesting. I don't doubt your word but that was not my experience. Like the OP and many others, I can hit the builder like 5 times and I'm out o Stamina and have to wait a few seconds to regen. I can only do non-stop mining if I do a 4 count between swings.

Not sure why our experiences are so different but there it is. For some the wait is kind of a drag. Not a super big deal for me, I go slow and steady anyways but it's real.

Interesting. I don't doubt your word but that was not my experience. Like the OP and many others, I can hit the builder like 5 times and I'm out o Stamina and have to wait a few seconds to regen. I can only do non-stop mining if I do a 4 count between swings.

Not sure why our experiences are so different but there it is. For some the wait is kind of a drag. Not a super big deal for me, I go slow and steady anyways but it's real.

While maintaining an above 70% max stamina pool I can say it takes 2/3 breaks per stage when breaking apart a stone, or cutting a tree down (approx 1k health). The breaks are short, maybe a few seconds, but you do have to stop.

Maybe they are playing on a modded server and don't even know the endo has been adjusted?

Archived