Dedicated Server - How do?

SxR

So I've setup a Dedicated Server

127.0.0.1 works fine

192.168.0.X works fine.

Public IP apparently works fine, my friend can see the server.

However when he tries to join, he gets 'Connection timed out'.

I have EAC turned off, (I think it's supposed to be?

Otherwise, settings in spoiler.

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<ServerSettings>

<property name="ServerPort" value="26900"/>

<property name="ServerVisibility" value="2"/>

<property name="ServerName" value="SxRServ"/>

<property name="ServerPassword" value=""/>

<property name="ServerMaxPlayerCount" value="8"/>

<property name="ServerReservedSlots" value="0"/>

<property name="ServerReservedSlotsPermission" value="100"/>

<property name="ServerAdminSlots" value="0"/>

<property name="ServerAdminSlotsPermission" value="0"/>

<property name="ServerDescription" value="DIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE"/>

<property name="ServerWebsiteURL" value=""/>

<property name="ServerDisabledNetworkProtocols" value="SteamNetworking"/>

<property name="GameWorld" value="Navezgane"/>

<property name="WorldGenSeed" value="asdf"/>

<property name="WorldGenSize" value="4096"/>

<property name="GameName" value="My Game"/>

<property name="GameDifficulty" value="2"/>

<property name="GameMode" value="GameModeSurvival"/>

<property name="ZombiesRun" value="0" />

<property name="BuildCreate" value="false" />

<property name="DayNightLength" value="60" />

<property name="DayLightLength" value="18" />

<property name="PlayerKillingMode" value="2" />

<property name="PersistentPlayerProfiles" value="false" />

<property name="PlayerSafeZoneLevel" value="5" />

<property name="PlayerSafeZoneHours" value="5" />

<property name="ControlPanelEnabled" value="true"/>

<property name="ControlPanelPort" value="8080"/>

<property name="ControlPanelPassword" value=""/>

<property name="TelnetEnabled" value="true"/>

<property name="TelnetPort" value="8081"/>

<property name="TelnetPassword" value=""/>

<property name="TelnetFailedLoginLimit" value="10"/>

<property name="TelnetFailedLoginsBlocktime" value="10"/>

<property name="TerminalWindowEnabled" value="true"/>

<property name="AdminFileName" value="serveradmin.xml"/>

<property name="DropOnDeath" value="0" />

<property name="DropOnQuit" value="0" />

<property name="BloodMoonEnemyCount" value="8" />

<property name="EnemySpawnMode" value="true" />

<property name="EnemyDifficulty" value="0" />

<property name="BlockDurabilityModifier" value="100" />

<property name="LootAbundance" value="100" />

<property name="LootRespawnDays" value="30" />

<property name="LandClaimSize" value="41"/>

<property name="LandClaimDeadZone" value="30"/>

<property name="LandClaimExpiryTime" value="3"/>

<property name="LandClaimDecayMode" value="0"/>

<property name="LandClaimOnlineDurabilityModifier" value="4"/>

<property name="LandClaimOfflineDurabilityModifier" value="4"/>

<property name="PartySharedKillRange" value="100"/>

<property name="AirDropFrequency" value="72"/>

<property name="AirDropMarker" value="false"/>

<property name="MaxSpawnedZombies" value="60"/>

<property name="MaxSpawnedAnimals" value="100"/>

<property name="EACEnabled" value="false"/>

<property name="HideCommandExecutionLog" value="0"/>

<property name="MaxUncoveredMapChunksPerPlayer" value="131072"/>

<property name="BedrollDeadZoneSize" value="15"/>

I'm having the same issue. I just tried to connect to several different servers in the server list and the same thing happens... says connection timed out.... so it looks like it's a client side issue...

I have noticed lots of servers with 1 player only on them actually.. however, there's a few with multiple players.

My 16.4 server was working this morning, but when I installed the Alpha 17 dedicated server and then go to the following URL it shows that my server is offline?

https://7daystodie-servers.com/servers/manage/ the server

I rebooted both my server and my router and the port forwarding is correct, so just wanted to check if others are having any issues.

Thanks!

Just set up my own rented server identical to previous alpha and couldn't connect either. Server Log showed nothing.

Just now restarted with SteamNetworking enabled, i.e. removed it from ServerDisabledNetworkProtocols in serverconfig.xml and I got in.

Just to confirm did you comment that parm from the XML or alter? I am having problems myself

- - - Updated - - -

I was wondering the same thing. So my friends that access this server will have to wait then until game server is updated?

I'm adding my question here:

Does anyone know how to get a non-public dedicated server visible to myself and friends?

In the serverconfig you can set it as public, friends only and hidden. Mine is set to friends. My steam account is added into the serveradmin (copied from A16.4).

Still my server doesn't get shown in my browsers list, not even in the LAN tab. Connecting via IP works fine in LAN. Friends didn't update to expermintal yet, so no information about them.

But I think it's not shown as it's set to friends, but it's installed via an anonymous login in steamcmd. Not sure thought.

Does anyone know how to get a friends only shown in the server tap to myself and friends? Or doesn't it use the friends from STEAM (which I assumed) but I need to whitelist them somewhere?

Guys if you are paying a host company such as Survival Servers then you need to discuss with them opting your server into the Experimental branch. They should be able to make that happen for you. Reason is there is a line of code that must be added inorder to install the exp on your server. As a dedicated server box owner (cutting out that host company I have learned this).

Most issues you have with a host provider are things you are not going to be able to solve as you will not have access to what you need.

Now if you are like me have a dedicated box to run any game you want use this line in your Update Batch file to install Exp

a@echo off

start "" steamcmd.exe +login anonymous +force_install_dir "C:\Change this to file name location" +app_update 294420 -beta latest_experimental +quit

-beta latest_experimental is what tells Steam CMD that you want to install the exp.

Now if you are like me have a dedicated box to run any game you want use this line in your Update Batch file to install Exp

a@echo off

start "" steamcmd.exe +login anonymous +force_install_dir "C:\Change this to file name location" +app_update 294420 -beta latest_experimental +quit

-beta latest_experimental is what tells Steam CMD that you want to install the exp.

I'm having issues with the dedicated server (LAN only) too. From Steam I went to LIBRARY->TOOLS and right clicked on the "7D2D Dedicated Server" and chose "properties". On the BETAS tab I selected "latest_experimental".

Are you saying my method won't work and I must use your method?

Gameservers.com is still using alpha 16x serverconfig -_-

The serverconfig.xml file isn't grabbed with updates since the default version of the file would contain the wrong information for the server, such as the ports and save locations. New settings would need to be added manually, and we update the base configurations when new settings are released.

In this specific case, the update is applied but the random world generation system has changed. With those changes the servers are producing crashes during the generation process. We are currently investigating the issue to see if there are any adjustments we can make to correct the issues. I've placed the ticket in a notification queue in which we will provide updates as they are available. We appreciate your patience in the matter.

Jake Bauer

http://www.gameservers.com

For whatever reasons, our "windows dedi server" isnt even producing the usual log file....but the "server" is in memory, neither visible from the server list.

anyone experiencing something similar? thanks

Well the server browser could take a while to add in your server that is not uncommon. There is a connect to IP option there. Use that to see if the server is infact running and playable. That would be the first thing you need to know. As for the logs well not sure what logs you are referring to as there are many log files. Also watch the task manager for the game process. When the cpu usage for the game drops and stays near 0 then the server is ready.

if you get stuck or time out, it's more than likely you have this line in your xml file

<property name="ServerDisabledNetworkProtocols" value="SteamNetworking"/>

the above needs to look like this

<property name="ServerDisabledNetworkProtocols" value=""/>

I found this little bat file code. Testing now.

start "" steamcmd.exe +login anonymous +force_install_dir "C:\7DaysToDie" +app_update 294420 -beta latest_experimental +quit

Copy past that into a Batch file and put in the Steam CMD folder and run it. That will update the server to the latest Exp.

When you go into the MP browser see the connect to IP? Just use that to connect to the server and you are good. There may be other ways to do it but that is the work around for now to play the game instead of stressing.

I already know how to connect via IP, as I already told in my posting it's working fine this way. ;-) So I'm looking for the "other ways to do it".

I know my LAN IP, so that's not the most annoying problem, even though it's undesirable. But I don't know my public IP without looking it up, especially as it's not a static one, so it can change. While I can look it up myself, that's hard to do for my friends which aren't part of my LAN, but connecting via WAN. And if they play on other servers too, my IP won't be saved afterwards in the ip connect dialog anymore. Do you get the point?

So the target is to get a "friends only" server to be listed for friends.

I want to set up a dedicated A17 server. What is the ID number to use to update steamcmd?

I use guide on https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/7_Days_to_Die_Dedicated_Server

It's the same appID in SteamCMD. Just use this variation instead:

app_update 294420 -beta latest_experimental

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone know how the new seed/RWG process works?

I asked the question here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?74084-Developer-Discussions-Alpha-17&p=873738&viewfull=1#post873738

Archived