Will regular zombies have real differences in A17+?

jdifran

Right now, there's no real functional difference between the regular zombie types, other than a few having more hit points (or a tendency to drop special loot). Are there any plans to make them have more than just cosmetic differences?

I'd love to see some more noticeable differences in their speed, health, attacks or special abilities. Maybe nurses infect you much more frequently than other types. Bikers are huge and should absolutely wreck you on a hit. Maybe some give you temporary debuffs other than just infected. The hungry lady could make you hungry, too, and you burn through your food/water much faster for a period of time. Football players should be able to push you, or knock you prone and stun you. The frozen lumberjack could hit you with a freezing debuff that drops your body temperature and/or slows you.

I'm hoping that the new framework will make some of this stuff possible.

I'd really want to see that, though not necessarily the changes you specified here as they're not all readily logical for the player (such as the hungry lady making you hungry) :

Bikers: Stun more, +dmg to wood blocks, attracted to player vehicles, able to kick open wood doors

Strippers: MUCH higher infection rate (almost guaranteed if hit, due to amount of skin exposure and fingernails)

Construction workers: Much higher block damage rate

Burning Zombies: Set players and blocks on fire, immune to fire, +dmg to wood blocks

Crawling Zombies: Able to fit through 1 block spaces, make them mostly silent. Make their block attack a very silent slight scratching noise so they can basically sneak into a player's base after sneakily burrowing a 1 block hole into it.

Screamers: Make them always run as soon as they scream.

Spider Zombies: Able to fit through 1 block spaces. Make them able to jump 5+ blocks. You could trigger then to spawn when the crawling zombie is done burrowing a 1 block hole during his pathing for a "staggered breach attack" on the player's base.

Football Zombies: Give them a ramming /breaching attack that damages blocks and knocks players prone / stuns them. Make the attack instantly destroy any door lower than iron so they do a coolaid man type enterance in POIs.

I'd really want to see that, though not necessarily the changes you specified here as they're not all readily logical for the player (such as the hungry lady making you hungry) :

Bikers: Stun more, +dmg to wood blocks, attracted to player vehicles, able to kick in wood doors

Strippers: MUCH higher infection rate (almost guaranteed if hit, due to amount of skin exposure and fingernails)

Burning Zombies: Set players and blocks on fire, immune to fire, +dmg to wood blocks

Crawling Zombies: Able to fit through 1 block spaces, make them mostly silent. Make their block attack a very silent slight scratching noise so they can basically sneak into a player's base after sneakily burrowing a 1 block hole into it.

Spider Zombies: Able to fit through 1 block spaces. Make them able to jump 5+ blocks. You could trigger then to spawn when the crawling zombie is done burrowing a 1 block hole during his pathing for a "staggered breach attack" on the player's base.

Football Zombies: Give them a ramming /breaching attack that damages blocks and knocks players prone / stuns them. Make the attack instantly destroy any door lower than iron so they do a coolaid man type enterance in POIs.

Yes to all of these!!!

Fantastic ideas!

In fact, I think I may just mod all those in.

^_^"

Bikers: Stun more, +dmg to wood blocks, attracted to player vehicles, able to kick in wood doors

Very nice list. :)

Perhaps the screamer should run away for a little while instead? Or just have a chance to run in

the opposite direction if it takes damage.

I would want to see more variation but not like this. Wouldn't like model-specific abilities on zombies. Also status effects imo should not feel like magic effects (become hungry or cold when getting hit with a punch), but it would make sense for larger-mass zombies to stun you or knock you down more easily for example.

I am hoping for more global zombie abilities with randomness instead (bite, hugging, short dash etc).

I'd love to see that Kool-aid man entrance by a zombie, that'd be pretty cool, and probally cause me one hell of a jumpscare if I wasn't ready for it. I love how often 7dtd jump scares me, it just happens naturally, adds some excitement to the game for me.

One time I was using a chem lab inside one of those wild west type Pills Poi's and all of a sudden a loud explosion out the back scared the crap out of me, seems some zombie heard me in there and punched the gas barrel, stuff like this happens quite often but your usually never ready for it, and I love that aspect.

Archived