Are you bad if you play on longer days?

NoSoPsycho

all up to personal pref imo

The addition of the gamestage mechanic diluted this advantage a little bit. But it is a massive change to the overall difficulty. You give yourself much more time between day 7 hordes to prepare/repair and therefore also more room&time for longer loot-/scout-trips.

I've always played with days set to 120 min. but I think I get way too much of an advantage with preparation in building and gathering resources. Does this make you just not as good in the game?

No dude it makes you not gud.get better at the game if you want Gold ranked.My k/d is off the charts.

I would play you 1v1 and rekt you.

Wait you playing single player..

I've always played with days set to 120 min. but I think I get way too much of an advantage with preparation in building and gathering resources. Does this make you just not as good in the game?

There is no setting, mod, or playstyle that makes anyone good or bad at this game. What makes you good or bad at this game is your ability to adapt your strategy to whatever circumstances you find yourself faced with. That is what separates the survivors from the weekend hobbyists. Any routine difficulty, mod, or playstyle you choose to endorse is simply to enhance your own personal fun.

as an example, I logged into a server first time on day 70, 2 hours before the blood moon horde. was incredibly paranoid and all set to have an entertainingly rough night. then I ended up getting 3 zombies while alone on the server. easiest blood moon i've ever experienced.

i prefer 1 hour days, i feel the rush more initially and i like them a bit more regularly, but i play with someone that prefers 2 hour days. from my experience the only thing that it changes is the first blood moon, debatably, due to prep time and the rate.

90 min days are the sweet spot. 60 simply fly past so fast, you can not enjoy the day and are constantly rushing.

Disadvantage is are:

* nights are more boring because they are also longer

* your game stage is higher because for the game you survived longer, so you end up with harder enemies

* More change to run into higher stage zombies (ferals) in the early days.

* Food last you less long because the food timer is not slowed down, so your more forced to get food

* Plants i think also grow slower ( not sure but they take ages on 90min days )

And now with A17 looking to make houses take massive amounts of time as mini-dungeons with bosses, hidden zombies, etc, even house clearing will be longer. Trow in some more time needed for hunting animals because no more zombie bones and food being more of a issue, i think people will flock even more towards the 120min game days.

Me I don't really like it at 2 hour days. Why I got a server and set mine to 4 hour days and set the zeds to never run. I don't really care for knuckle biting and heavy breathing while playing a game. I'm 58 years old and have had a single bypass open heart surgery so I don't really need that much stress.

I know how you feel. I dislike the zombie scares also in the game. Feeling a bit tens is fine but at times with A16 Ferals ( that you can not disable with the no-run option ), it really turns some moments into heart attacks.

This is part of the reason i fear that A17 is going to be a dislike for me. Too much focus on hidden sleeping zombies in houses, tight corner labyrinth houses, zombies above you from false rafters, ... Its like asking for jump scares.

Some people love this tense jump scares gameplay but some do not.

Cop zombies with projectile vomit have been in since almost the beginning. At least since Alpha 5.

Ah my bad. Meant to refer to the radiated versions. Not the normal ones. The normal ones back then were alot easier to deal with compared to now.

I play with 120 min days and cheat the night cycle by quitting, turning the game time to 10 minute days, fly through the nights, quit, reset to 120 min days, and profit.

I was wondering if anyone else played like this. I love the 120 minute days but can't stand the 30 minute nights so change it to 10 minutes then just before morning hits turn it back to 120 minutes. Haha

The only way I can see to play this game "badly", is to play it in a way you don't enjoy.

Pretty much this, Its your game, play it how you like it, especally when they give you many settings to play around with to set it up to your liking. I usually play 60m days, but my next game I am going to try 90 min out to see if I like it better.

It would be nice if there was something worth doing outside of your base at night. As it stands, the only reason to venture out at night is if you're seeking extra challenge. Otherwise, you basically just alt tab until day comes again. Crafting and spending skill points doesn't take all night especially now that crafting EXP is gone. It's also basically impossible to starve to death with the plentiful amount of food and drink in the game so worrying about surviving the night is not a concern.

I would set day length to the maximum just to decrease downtime because night a waste of play time. At least have some special zombies with unique loot or resources that only appear at night or something.

Disadvantage is are:

* nights are more boring because they are also longer

* your game stage is higher because for the game you survived longer, so you end up with harder enemies

* More change to run into higher stage zombies (ferals) in the early days.

* Food last you less long because the food timer is not slowed down, so your more forced to get food

* Plants i think also grow slower ( not sure but they take ages on 90min days )

Game stage should be lower since it is based upon how many days you have survived since the last time you died. You are going to be able to play for a much longer time for a much lower day count for that formula.

Food is neither an advantage or a disadvantage. The food timer is based on realtime and not on gametime. So if you have to eat after 30 minutes of playing and I have to eat after 30 minutes of playing and the same amount of food fills us then it is the same. The fact that it's only 9am in your game but 1pm in my game is immaterial.

The plant growth timer is based on game time so you will indeed be at a disadvantage for farming.

The new near death debuff is also based on game time so people who play 120 minute days will suffer the penalty for a lot longer as well.

I was wondering if anyone else played like this. I love the 120 minute days but can't stand the 30 minute nights so change it to 10 minutes then just before morning hits turn it back to 120 minutes. Haha

Why not just turn off zombies running altogether?

If that's not your thing then so be it.

Whatever you find fun is the right answer.

Archived