Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

[QUOTE=HAL9000;66707]Hey Grim, Not sure if I'm going insane but I've rechecked the light stuff and they're definitely slowing down for me. I did notice if I put 0.7 for the torch it was hit and miss, they'd slow for a split second, run, then walk for a second etc. But if you set it to 1 then they always slow down around the torches. When I first checked I just put it to 1 to test so didn't notice the inconsistencies. Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] That's possible. The area I tested, however was a field of torches, and it didn't seem to do squat. I kind of figured if it were raised significantly it would work, but I never got around to testing it. Mostly what I was trying to do at the time was stop zombies from running in the daylight. Which I could lessen, but not completely fix. Still, it's good to know. Maybe with some tweaks it could be a good mod.

Hey Hal, Did you change the Click and Drag function? When you are in the edit mode now and left click to add block and hold it down and drag, the cursor remains stationary and does not update the screen or move until you release the button then it updates all at once. tricky to see what you are doing when drawing this way. Thanks

[QUOTE=Wsiegel;66908]Hey Hal, Did you change the Click and Drag function? When you are in the edit mode now and left click to add block and hold it down and drag, the cursor remains stationary and does not update the screen or move until you release the button then it updates all at once. tricky to see what you are doing when drawing this way. Thanks[/QUOTE] Nope, I haven't changed that at all. But apparently installing VS2013 screws something up! It seems to have changed the way controls receive update messages. I think I've sorted it. If you're having this issue and on the latest version there's a new button on the main menu called "Manual Update". Click it to run the update procedure. Let me know if you're still having trouble. Cheers, Hal

I appreciate it bro, but I can't use this style of updater. I have to do it the old fashion way ;0) This server wont allow for immediate flushing of deleted files. -.- So updates; I do the updater download, it tries to delete the previous and unpack new ones, but fails. I know I know I'm a pain, but I cant help it :0)

[QUOTE=DarkNightsComing;66927]I appreciate it bro, but I can't use this style of updater. I have to do it the old fashion way ;0) This server wont allow for immediate flushing of deleted files. -.- So updates; I do the updater download, it tries to delete the previous and unpack new ones, but fails. I know I know I'm a pain, but I cant help it :0)[/QUOTE] Use this [URL="http://bit.ly/1jlwsoc"]link[/URL] to just download the zip and you can manually unpack it. It's the same link for each release

Hey Hal, I notice that some of the new item do not appear in your listing. I noticed they added curtainBottom and was trying to update my prefabs with this block, however it does not show up in the blocks list. I assume it must need an update to the list. Thanks

Yeah there's a bunch of new blocks in the latest update. I can't tell you when the next version will be out, I've just been looking at the code and there's lots of changes. I can't get the DLLs to compile again which means the tools I've written to help clean the files and automate the injection aren't working any more and will need rewriting. If I can't get it done by tomorrow I'm not sure when I'll have the time to look at it for a while. I should be able to get the editor out but the land protection and admin commands are dependant on the injection. I'll post again when I know more. Hal

New version's out. No server side stuff but the editor should be updated with the blocks from 7.10. If anyone has a backup of 7.9 and is willing to test exporting after starting a new game I think it'll work but not sure. Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=Hiyoto;67975]I can't seem to get the World dropdown to open up to export the prefab into a save. I used this link for the latest build: [url]http://bit.ly/1jlwsoc[/url][/QUOTE] The game has changed where the saves are located. You'll now find them in your %My Documents%\7 Days to Die\ folder. You'll need to start a new game for 7.10 and they'll end up there. Not tried copying an old one over as a lot of the blocks have changed.

Latest update works... I did notice there is still something missing in the curtains, curtain_bottom1 shows up in the editor and works. However curtain_top1 does not show up in the list and I think it shares the same block id as before as my prefabs with the old block all show up fine in game, however the editor shows them as missing blocks. Maybe this will help? Thanks

[QUOTE=Wsiegel;68145]Latest update works... I did notice there is still something missing in the curtains, curtain_bottom1 shows up in the editor and works. However curtain_top1 does not show up in the list and I think it shares the same block id as before as my prefabs with the old block all show up fine in game, however the editor shows them as missing blocks. Maybe this will help? Thanks[/QUOTE] Hey Wseigel, Delete your BlockData.txt and BlockDataDefault.txt files in your editor folder and open the prefab editor. It'll show up then. Hal

For what I can tell, the saves are being created in the following directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Worlds\Navezgane\Saves\ I'm not finding any content related to the game in My Documents directory. All saves were deleted, game was verified, and correct version is running.

^ that doesn't sound right. If you're saying when you play the game right now it's saving changes where it used to, that indicates previous version is being used, or some weird ass bugs are happening. Did you use a new game for v7.10? The instant I did that, the new location under documents was created. For example this: [code] C:\Users\\Documents\7 Days To Die\Saves\Navezgane [/code] is where it's creating saves now. This is actually a problem for a lot of people and will hopefully get a setting we can correctly tell is precisely where we want for local. There is a property in the server config remarked out related to overriding that setting but I'm not sure if that's actually working correctly either. There are several settings (friendly fire for example) that appear to be dorked / not applying properly in 7.10.

The save's are created there ONLY if you are still playing a saved game from a previous version. You need to start a new game under 7.10 and it will create the new path under My Documents. [COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR] Thanks Hal, Yes deleting them brought in the new one... ( doh!)

Yeah, I've created numerous new saves. Very peculiar. [COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR] Found the problem. Even though I was deleting old saves in-game, I was using the same save names and it was calling old directories.

Archived