Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

Thanks Dark, but I think we are talking about two different things... I am not talking about in game at all ( or claiming a prefab ) ... Just on brand new prefabs created with Hals editor, and importing that newly created prefab into another brand new larger blank prefab without any rotations. the program rotates it in the editor itself. I didn't try to flip or mirror anything so there is no real reason to have it flipped. The flipping is coming from the import prefab operation. The prefabs.xml or game has nothing to do with what is going on. I believe Ekk0 was talking about flipping a prefab. ( right click broken = editor very hard to use now. )

Ha, I understand what you're saying. Sorry for the overly long winded post. Good point, it very well could be the import function rotating 180 degrees. I notice it nearly always facing rotated from the 12 o'clock position to the 6 o'clock position. As if you just rotated the face of your watch without moving your wrist. [COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR] [QUOTE=Wsiegel;62488] [SIZE=3][COLOR="#FFD700"][B]( right click broken = editor very hard to use now. )[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE] Just so Hal doesn't miss this. :0)

Wsiegel In the meantime, I've figured out how to fix the import option. IF you create a new prefab and import a prefab inside, it rotates the prefab. To correct the rotation, immediately save the new prefab with the newly imported prefab, make another "new" prefab and import the previous step's saved prefab. voila, instant return to proper rotation. o.O [B]heheh ^.^ Prior to importing it into a prefab with multiple prefabs inside. Create a new prefab, import the prefab you want to add into a multi-prefab and save it. Then import this newly created prefab, as this saved prefab will rotate back properly. ;0)[/B] [COLOR="#FFD700"][B]PS about what you were mentioning earlier. Importing does rotate 180 degrees, a second import will complete a full 360 degree rotation (IE add another 180 degree rotation). So something in the import is rotating 180 degrees. Hal, hope this information helps.[/B][/COLOR]

Detailed video explanation making this extremely clear will be uploading shortly. I walk you through an original prefab, importing it into a new prefab, and then importing that prefab into another new prefab to get rotations back properly. The first import to a new prefab prepares your prefab to be imported properly into either a larger prefab or a second new prefab. Currently this is the only way to get the prefab and rotational values back to correct layout as created. Again, video will be up and here soon as possible. Cheers [COLOR="#FFD700"]Make sure to change the settings to 720 from most likely 360 prior to watching... Upload in progress (approximately 6-10 minutes)[/COLOR] [video=youtube;0tyulCss0nw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tyulCss0nw[/video]

Bah it logged me out while typing lol Anyhow the video is a must watch as windows and doors rotate properly, walls seem to rotate at the 180 internally to a structure, outer door stayed in the exact same location, items placed in the home rotate differently (cornerSectional2, cabinets, medicineCabinet, etc rotate incorrectly depending on which wall --- east & west versus north & south) Anyone curious should watch the full video to grasp my meaning. I do apologize for the length it was necessary to get the point across.

[QUOTE=HAL9000;62451]Thanks Ekk0 [COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR] Update Time! Updated: Fixed exception when hovering over unknown blocks (+1 Laz Man and +1 extra for sucking it up) Updated: Fixed prefab not saving new rows/columns (+1 Wseigel) Usual [URL="http://bit.ly/OMgN82"]link[/URL] Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] Heya Hal, Thanks for the fix on unknown blocks and the blocks with changed IDs. Found another bug. For some reason all blocks are displaying with the orientation "DW" with the editor I believe this is just a simple display error within the editor as the correct orientations are retained when loading the prefab into the game (Thank goodness lol).

Wow, many messages! There must be a maximum number of subscriptions cause I'm not getting notified again... [QUOTE=AussieWombat;62456]New /removed blocks 7.8 removed AussieWombat[/QUOTE] Thanks Aussie, I'll sort out another block import for the next release. @Wseigel && @DNC Click for info will work in the next version. I've had to re-write the block struct to deal with the new block update feature after block changes in new versions. Thanks for the spot! @Laz Man Linked with the struct change above, fixed in the next version. Thanks. I'll check the rotation of imports out later and post the updated editor. Cheers, Hal

Update Time! Updated: Updated models_2 import Updated: Info left click now works again (info mode) Updated: Name is displayed again in the info panel Updated: Right Click to change block now works again (edit mode) Updated: Orientation now displays properly with "Show Direction" Updated: Import prefab no longer flips the imported prefab Updated: Recent blocks gets updated again properly after one click. If you spot any more let me know. At the moment when an ID for a block gets changed the editor will see it as an unknown block (or at worst, if another block has been added with that old ID, an acceptable block that's wrong). At somepoint I'll look into an "Update prefab" option that will auto-convert old IDs to new ones. Usual [URL="http://bit.ly/OMgN82"]link [/URL] Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;62953]Update Time! Updated: Updated models_2 import Updated: Info left click now works again (info mode) Updated: Name is displayed again in the info panel Updated: Right Click to change block now works again (edit mode) Updated: Orientation now displays properly with "Show Direction" Updated: Import prefab no longer flips the imported prefab Updated: Recent blocks gets updated again properly after one click. If you spot any more let me know. At the moment when an ID for a block gets changed the editor will see it as an unknown block (or at worst, if another block has been added with that old ID, an acceptable block that's wrong). At somepoint I'll look into an "Update prefab" option that will auto-convert old IDs to new ones. Usual [URL="http://bit.ly/OMgN82"]link [/URL] Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] Thank you Hal for the update, a lot done, +10 amazing job as always. Cheers bro (I'll test these out first thing tomorrow if I'm feeling well enough, heading in for surgery in about 45 minutes) Keep up the great work all

Tried everything, for some reason I can no longer replace blockid's. I've tried 7.8, 7.9, 7.9 updated I cannot for the life of me get replace blockid's to work. Clean world as I installed fresh. Backed up the original server dll, copied the server dll for each respective version of the editor. I don't think its just me? Well, I hope not anyhow hehe. Cheers Can someone else verify that using the current editor they can indeed replace blockid's? I'll wipe the registry entry and reinstall yet again if it is in fact working for others. Thank you

I also can not replace block id's, The Dropdown menu is blank and if I type the id's I get unknow id's error. I have tried the id numbers and tried the names. it doesn't seam to work. Also have had a problem when switching between entities and blocks that the cursor gets locked onto a drawing mode and just moving the cursor over the grid draws the current block as you move. Also leaving blocks where the cursor was when you try to change blocks. It doesn't happen all the time, so I haven't tracked it down to a specific function I'm doing yet. Has anyone else experience this? ( not sure if I'm explaining it correctly ) Thanks.

[QUOTE=Wsiegel;63938]I also can not replace block id's, The Dropdown menu is blank and if I type the id's I get unknow id's error. I have tried the id numbers and tried the names. it doesn't seam to work. Also have had a problem when switching between entities and blocks that the cursor gets locked onto a drawing mode and just moving the cursor over the grid draws the current block as you move. Also leaving blocks where the cursor was when you try to change blocks. It doesn't happen all the time, so I haven't tracked it down to a specific function I'm doing yet. Has anyone else experience this? ( not sure if I'm explaining it correctly ) Thanks.[/QUOTE] I can't replicate those errors Wseigel. Does is happen while dragging the mouse? Or when clicking on the block/entity radio boxes?

I noticed some blocks being dropped at the lower right corner of some layers.. max X and max Y position. The other error happened when I was clicking on the radio buttons and the entity/ blocks button... when I move the cursor back over the grid in block mode.. it is drawing as if it has been a click hold... I have to click and to reset it.. Not sure when it happenes.. Will try to do more testing. Thanks

Update Time! Updated: Fixed replace block ID function Updated: Drawing method (see below) Added: "Fill Edges" function. This is more for the Quibicle importer I'm doing but it will try to fill out any edges of structures in the prefab. Testing only. Added: "Connect Loose" function. Again, for the Quibicle importer. If a block is surrounded by air it will try to connect itself to a block within a two block radius. The block added will be of the same type as the loose block. Now the good stuff - Drawing! I finally went back and re-wrote the render method for the prefabs. You're now no longer restricted on size for the prefab. Well, that's not technically true. You're limited either by the amount of RAM you have available or the maximum amount of RAM .NET can use in your operating system. The choke point is now the system rather than my code. I've also stopped limiting the zoom option for larger prefabs. I'm running a 64 bit OS with 16GB of RAM and was able to create a 2000x2000x10 prefab - that's 40 MILLION blocks! And a prefab file size of 195MB! I've put basic checks in to stop the system trying to create a prefab it can't handle but at the very top end of what the OS can do it can still be buggy and crash so you'll need to check what your limits are for yourself. Usual [URL="http://bit.ly/OMgN82"]link[/URL] @Wseigel - I've tried re-creating those errors but can't, sorry. If anyone has any more info let me know and I'll see if I can track it down. Cheers, Hal

Thanks Hal, I find that now I now can not use the side or bottom scroll bar to the limits of the prefab. I have a 50x50 and if zoomed in i can not reach the lower, or right, sections. I must zoom out until I can see it. Using the top slider.. On this map, if I am at 9, I can see the entire map. when I move it to 10, I can no longer reach the bottom row or rightmost column. Sorry to be the constant bringer of bug news, but at least you know I am using the heck out of your editor. thanks again for all your updates. :)

@Wseigel No worries, the quicker people point them out the sooner they get fixed :) Like now - here's the [URL="http://bit.ly/OMgN82"]update[/URL] Updated: Fixed drawing not scrolling to the edge of prefabs Added: Copy and paste prefab areas (in testing) I've just added copying and pasting into the editor. There's a new radio button near the Info and Edit ones called Copy. Select this and put the number of layers you want to copy. Copying works from the lowest level e.g. you want to copy an area from layers 0-3 you'd be on layer 0 in the editor and put 3 in the textbox. Middle click and drag to select the area. Right click on the top left of the bottom layer you want to copy to. Try it out, it's probably simpler just to see what I mean. Probably bug riddled but I'm sure Wseigel will point them out ;) Hal

Hahaha...lol Anyway.. I did track down one that was eluding me and driving me crazy. Now.. I could repeat it. I haven't tried it in the newest edition.. but will as soon as I write this. create a prefab new 10x10x10. Fill layer 0 with stone all set to rotation down west Fill layer 1 with brick all set to rotation down west also. use the "+" and "-" sign to switch between each layer ( everything is okay ) on layer 1 right click on the upper left corner block for info. change the rotation to Down-East Left click the upper left block to add the changes to that block. Left click the block next to it and the info should show the rotation change between down east and down west. Click the "-" to go to layer 0 and you will see the brick block in the lower right at pos 9,9 if not go back to layer 1 by using the "+" Right click the upper left block, then "-" to go back to layer 0. Not sure what is happening here but it was driving me crazy. Thanks Hal,

Archived