Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

[QUOTE=Laz Man;64195]Lol, i think there have been 11 versions of your editor already. Thanks Hal![/QUOTE] Yeah I do basic testing but I couldn't build a prefab if my life depended on it and most of these bugs only pop up when you're actually using the features and not just building them. My reasoning is get as much done as possible and see what you guys can break haha. Oops, I've just noticed the title of this thread says Editor v1.0 - I meant to put v0.1 - false advertising! Nobody report me to Trading Standards, k?

lol.. ready for version 12... First let me say thanks for the copy function... made quick work of several building floors. works great so far. thanks, that is going to be a great addition. and the replace block function works great also. this is shaping up to be a very powerful building prefab tool. The scroll fix you did works great however entities no longer scroll when the map is scrolled using the sliders. they stay put or get covered by other blocks. Thanks again in advanced.

God Hal, I think I'm about 4 versions behind. I'm sorry I haven't gotten around to helping with as many bugs as some people. My schedule is just super busy. I would have some time after Airsoft today. But after getting a bb stuck in my face I came home, then got a major head ache and start to throw up. And all of that kind of kept me from working on anything. Kind of a bad day for me lol.

[QUOTE=Ekk0;64302]God Hal, I think I'm about 4 versions behind. I'm sorry I haven't gotten around to helping with as many bugs as some people. My schedule is just super busy. I would have some time after Airsoft today. But after getting a bb stuck in my face I came home, then got a major head ache and start to throw up. And all of that kind of kept me from working on anything. Kind of a bad day for me lol.[/QUOTE] Ouch.. Hope you feel better Ekk0.

[QUOTE=Wsiegel;64211]lol.. ready for version 12... First let me say thanks for the copy function... made quick work of several building floors. works great so far. thanks, that is going to be a great addition. and the replace block function works great also. this is shaping up to be a very powerful building prefab tool. The scroll fix you did works great however entities no longer scroll when the map is scrolled using the sliders. they stay put or get covered by other blocks. Thanks again in advanced.[/QUOTE] I'm imagining a small TV program "WSeigel - Bug Hunter". I think it'd sell! Fixed in the next version. Should be out later today. [QUOTE=Ekk0;64302]God Hal, I think I'm about 4 versions behind. I'm sorry I haven't gotten around to helping with as many bugs as some people. My schedule is just super busy. I would have some time after Airsoft today. But after getting a bb stuck in my face I came home, then got a major head ache and start to throw up. And all of that kind of kept me from working on anything. Kind of a bad day for me lol.[/QUOTE] No worries Ekk0, you've already helped out a lot. This whole project started with you and Gertle - you've been finding bugs from almost day 1 haha. Wow man, sorry to hear about your face, hope you're feeling better soon. At least now you can say you've been shot in the face a survived it! Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;64335] No worries Ekk0, you've already helped out a lot. This whole project started with you and Gertle - you've been finding bugs from almost day 1 haha. Wow man, sorry to hear about your face, hope you're feeling better soon. At least now you can say you've been shot in the face a survived it! Hal[/QUOTE] lol Yeah, I've just put in some work on the mall. Got all of the blocks oriented. I think the actual problem with the block rotation was when the prefab was rotated, blocks weren't. And this is all before the import into the larger prefab. So I'm guessing it's just the blocks not rotating with the prefab. And as far as the face shot. Yeah, it was weird. I felt it hit me and it hurt for a few seconds. Called out and started walking back to respawn. My friend looked at me and said, "Bro! You got a bb in your face." Then proceeded to quote the movie 'Act of Valor' and said, "You took one to the face. You're a hard m***** f*****!." I had no idea it was still there. Had to pop it out like a zit. It left a 6mm hole and blood came pouring out. It was quite epic. Kept the bb too.

"Bug Hunter"..like that movie critic everyone hates...lol. I am using the copy function so often it's like second nature now.. thanks so much for that one. I have been getting much work done ( still have a ways to go. ) but I thought I would give you guys a sneak peek and see what your "Bug Hunter" has been doing with your editor. Cheers, Keep your chin up Ekk0. ( or maybe down next time. ) My Oh My Mercy Hospital... [attachment=13:name] Diagonally across from the Police Station, Great Sniper position. :)

Update Time! Added: Auto Update Updated: Entity drawing now scrolls again. Updated: Show Direction now scrolls again. Fixed: Flicker mod Slightly differnt update procedure. I've created an auto-update feature so the program will check for the latest version when it starts. To get it to work I've had to rename the editor from 7DTDEditor to SDTDEditor. So there's 2 ways to update No hassle 1) Delete all the contents of your editor folder 2) Copy the new editor folder from the zip into your editor folder 3) Run SDTDEditor.exe 4) Fill out your settings information again. More hassle but keeps your block colours / settings 1) Delete all the contents of your editor folder EXCEPT Settings.txt, BlockData.txt and BlockDataDefault.txt 2) Copy the new editor folder from the zip into your editor folder 3) Run SDTDEditor.exe Usual [URL="http://bit.ly/OMgN82"]link[/URL] Any issues let me know. Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;64445]Update Time! Added: Auto Update Updated: Entity drawing now scrolls again. Updated: Show Direction now scrolls again. Fixed: Flicker mod Slightly differnt update procedure. I've created an auto-update feature so the program will check for the latest version when it starts. To get it to work I've had to rename the editor from 7DTDEditor to SDTDEditor. So there's 2 ways to update No hassle 1) Delete all the contents of your editor folder 2) Copy the new editor folder from the zip into your editor folder 3) Run SDTDEditor.exe 4) Fill out your settings information again. More hassle but keeps your block colours / settings 1) Delete all the contents of your editor folder EXCEPT Settings.txt, BlockData.txt and BlockDataDefault.txt 2) Copy the new editor folder from the zip into your editor folder 3) Run SDTDEditor.exe Usual [URL="http://bit.ly/OMgN82"]link[/URL] Any issues let me know. Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] I literally woke, downloaded the one a few hours old and configured it. Come back and a new one. HEHEHE Thank you kindly bro :0) Changelog popped up and freaked me out. Wasn't ready for it lolol. Looks sharp though :0)

Okay Hal... You knew it would only be a matter of time. A few things I found. 1. When you are going to copy several layers using your new copy feature, If you type anything over 1 digit in the layers to copy box, the second digit shifts to the search window. Focus shifts to the search window you must re-click the layer box to add the second digit 2. Found the draw/paint mode thing.. Create a prefab 10x10x10. Fill the bottom layer (0) with brick. switch to layer 1. Add an entity ( blue car ). Then select info button and select the entity. Change to 270 in x and update. switch back to the edit button. then click back on the blocks button...when you move your cursor around you are now painting with what ever block was selected in the focus window. Makes a mess if you quickly go across a large detailed map. 3. When you use the copy function.. entities do not follow. 4. Could not find an add layer or clear/fill layer... ( just a want ) Thanks.

[QUOTE=Wsiegel;65103]Okay Hal... You knew it would only be a matter of time. A few things I found. 1. When you are going to copy several layers using your new copy feature, If you type anything over 1 digit in the layers to copy box, the second digit shifts to the search window. Focus shifts to the search window you must re-click the layer box to add the second digit [/QUOTE] This also happens if you try to switch layers by typing a value in the main window without clicking the +/- Forgot about this issue, been around a while now. You can type a single digit into the current layer box between the + and - signs top middle of the screen. Every time you type a digit, focus will go to the search box. You have to click back onto the end of the number for layer you're typing, repeating the process until you reach the layer you desire.

New versions out. Restart the editor for update checks. @WSeigel - the entities not copying is by design. I figured that mainly when copying just you won't want the decorations coming with. If people want them though I'll add it in

Thanks Hal, I just had some cars and zombies that I needed to copy upward to clear room under the prefab as I didn't see an add layer option. No Biggie I just wrote the info on them, rotation etc and cleared them and manually repositioned them upward. Updated fine.. Thanks again :encouragement:

Hal, I'm not sure if this is just a function of the mouse I am using, ( three button with mouse wheel ) When editing a prefab, I select the "+" or "-" sign to shift focus to that, now I can use the mouse wheel to scroll up and down between layers. If I right click on a block for info, then scroll the mouse wheel up or down without moving the mouse and try to right click again for this new blocks info on another layer, nothing happens... I have to move off the current block, right click someplace else, then go back and right click on the block I wanted info on. If I don;t watch what is happening I end up placing unwanted blocks. thanks for any info you may have on this. Cheers,

Hey Wseigel, I've noticed in a few posts you said you right-click for info. Do you mean left? Here's what should happen Edit mode Left Click - add new block of selected type Right click - change selected block to the block that the mouse is currently over Info mode Left click - show block info in the bottom left panel Right click - nothing (no action set) I can't replicate what you've mentioned when using the editor. When in Info mode I left click a block and get the info, scroll to move layers and left click again to get the new info. Cheers, Hal

Sorry.. I am always in edit mode.... right click to change the block to the one I am hovering over. wheel up or down... right click again to change the block to the new block .. nothing happens. I guess I should have been more clear.. sorry.. I always just change the block ( right click ) rather than go to the info button it is quicker. I notice that the info box / color box also does not change when wheel up or down after changing to a block ( right click ) unless you move off that block. again in edit mode Sorry for the confusion.

Hal, been reading this thread and using your editor for a few days. What a fabulous tool. Thank you so very much for sharing it. I was wondering if there was a spot where I could read how to get spawn at player location to work? Again thanks much and Happy Easter to all if that's one of your holidays!!

Great work Hal! This has helped me immensely! Everyone on my server is loving this mod. I've even used the exporter to move some player's claims to a new location. There's one thing I wanted to mention. Keep in mind I'm just an average user so please nobody flame me. Up until a few days ago I've been hosting my dedicated server on my local machine which has made prefab management really simple. Since I moved my server to a hosted environment things have gotten a little more complicated when I need to make prefab changes. I basically have to FTP my world files to my local machine to make changes then FTP it back. I'm wondering if It would be at all possible for your program to ever accept an FTP path for the game location. I'm using windows explorer's built in FTP function. I tried entering the path "ftp://68.xxx.xxx.xxx/5322943/7daystodie/" into the 7DTD Location field on your application but it was not accepted. Anyhow I was just wondering if this feature was even remotely possible.

[QUOTE=sudo;66005]Great work Hal! This has helped me immensely! Everyone on my server is loving this mod. I've even used the exporter to move some player's claims to a new location. There's one thing I wanted to mention. Keep in mind I'm just an average user so please nobody flame me. Up until a few days ago I've been hosting my dedicated server on my local machine which has made prefab management really simple. Since I moved my server to a hosted environment things have gotten a little more complicated when I need to make prefab changes. I basically have to FTP my world files to my local machine to make changes then FTP it back. I'm wondering if It would be at all possible for your program to ever accept an FTP path for the game location. I'm using windows explorer's built in FTP function. I tried entering the path "ftp://68.xxx.xxx.xxx/5322943/7daystodie/" into the 7DTD Location field on your application but it was not accepted. Anyhow I was just wondering if this feature was even remotely possible.[/QUOTE] Use the settings from the main window when you launch the editor. Server = IP Port = Port to connect to ftp User = User Name Pass = Password Root = Address for root of 7dtd, ex. /Server/7 Days to Die

Archived